JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I briefly owned an SKS, but just couldn't quite get myself to like it enough to hold onto. I'm kinda kicking myself for that decision now that I've learned about this thing.

Apparently they are also coming out with a full production rifle based on the SKS design and this chassis system. It will be available in a variety of calibers, including .50 Beowulf, .458 Socom, .300 Blackout, 5.56, and 5.45x39. I am definitely intrigued.

I dunno...the $800 could build a mid tier AR in x39.
If you were starting from scratch, figure another $4-600 for the SKS...$1400 gets you a nice AK, rather than a cludge of parts.
Don't get me wrong, I like innovation, but I don't see the cost/benefit ratio here.
I did the whole pimp out my SKS thing in the '90s..Cheaper Than Dirt catalog! Best thing I did was put it back to stock... :s0112:

Wow. I have a true Russian SKS floating around in my safe that I haven't fired in 20+ years. I might have considered upgrading it with a chassis like this, but $800 is out there. I can pick up a PSA AK that takes easy to find and CHEAP AK mags for under $700.

AR parts compatibility, the ability to reliably feed from detachable mags, being able to use AR pattern 7.62x39 mags instead of those funky SKS mags, a proper optics rail... $800 is a little spendy, but it is the most attractive aftermarket upgrade for the platform I've seen yet. Also, neat to see people coming out with new platforms in less common calibers.

The SKS is a collectable firearm these days, I wouldn't dink with/bubbafy them unless it's a nonmatching junker. They shoot well as-is and have a unique history. I used one to hunt deer for many years back when they were $100 (that same rifle is now worth several times that and I baby it these days).

Same goes for the Mosin... no touchy!

The SKS is a collectable firearm these days, I wouldn't dink with/bubbafy them unless it's a nonmatching junker. They shoot well as-is and have a unique history. I used one to hunt deer for many years back when they were $100 (that same rifle is now worth several times that and I baby it these days).

Same goes for the Mosin... no touchy!
kc231lo6r3g11-1.jpg

Also it may/will be heavily regulated in some states and may/will make an otherwise legit rifle, the SKS, become an AW and either be banned outright or need to registered as such, PAX

Wow. I have a true Russian SKS floating around in my safe that I haven't fired in 20+ years. I might have considered upgrading it with a chassis like this, but $800 is out there. I can pick up a PSA AK that takes easy to find and CHEAP AK mags for under $700.
If you Bubba out that Russian SKS may the Commblock Firearms Gods wreak vengeance upon you. :D

If you Bubba out that Russian SKS may the Commblock Firearms Gods wreak vengeance upon you. :D
Already bubba'ed unfortunately. Original stock was replaced with a nylon stock years ago. Didn't care about "collector value" back in the '90s when they were ~$100 unfired. Used it for pig hunting once or twice before I figured out that the ammo we had available wasn't up to snuff.

this would be an absolute no go from me. About the only upgrades I'd consider for SKS is a Monte Carlo stock from timber Smith and Tech sights but I appreciate the rifles just as they are and prefer them unmolested.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top