Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any tips or insights on ordering from CMP?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by Artilleryman, Aug 5, 2009.

1. Artilleryman

Artilleryman Originally from the central midwest but have reloc Active Member

I've made sure all my paperwork, qualifications, etc meets their posted requirements & am ready to order a Garand. I'm sure several on NWFA have dealt with them previously. Could anyone let me know what to expect or watch out for with the process?
    Thanks!:thumbup:

2. Browncoat

Browncoat Clackamas, Or. Member

Tip #1 - Be patient. Orders are taking a long time right now. The agonizing wait is part of the fun.
    Tip #2 - You can attach a "sticky note" to your order asking simple requests. I asked for a WW2 serial number for my SG SA Garand and got one. Just don't ask for too much.
    Tip #3 - Start reading the forum at the CMP website. You can get any info want from there.
    Tip #4 - Order ammo from the CMP. It shoots great and is the best deal around.

Have fun and welcome to the CMP addiction.

Jim

3. ikona

ikona west of pdx Member

Your ears with think every diesel truck is the truck after you make the order.

4. Artilleryman

Great tips, thanks guys! I think I've got the patience part worked out- ****, I just today received an AR upper I ordered back in January from Model1 Sales, & am still waiting on another from LMT. I'll definitely have to delve into the CMP site; so far I've just browsed their sales listings & didn't even realize they had a forum. Thank you both for taking the time to square me away on CMP!

5. robertg

robertg Sandy Oregon Silver Supporter Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I just got notified by e-mail from CMP that the Carbine I ordered in April is being shipped, but I knew it from seeing my Visa card had been charged on Monday. When they say it might take several months they aren't kidding.

6. wayoutwest

wayoutwest Polk County, Oregon Active Member

I did this, asked for a WW2 serial number and let them know it was my first Garand, got April 1944 iirc, she is in the 2.75 range....she sure is beautiful

M1_Garand_004.jpg

M1_Garand_018.jpg

7. Artilleryman

great pics! that is definitely further encouragement to try out CMP....and lacking an ffl, it's the only way I can get a Garand delivered to the house...not bad at all!

8. Browncoat

Browncoat Clackamas, Or. Member

Here's my pair of CMP guns. Springfield Garand and an Inland Carbine. A second Inland Carbine is on order right now and will be converted into a paratrooper model. These guns are a blast to shoot as well as a piece of living history.

Jim

IMG_0511.jpg

9. Artilleryman

beatiful guns! I think I'll start off with a service grade Garand for my first order.