JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I ordered a bunch of tracer bullets (not loaded ammo, just the bullets themselves) the other day, and was wondering if there's any problems with them messing up barrels or anything?

There's suppose to be no pull marks on them, and most of it is pulled from US ammo.

I won't be shooting any till fire season is long over, but I don't want to shoot them in any gun I care about if there's a chance it could ruin the barrel somehow, just to save a few bucks on components.

thanks

Sometime in my many years (VN Vet) my brother (Korean Conflict Vet) told me they were hard on the bore. We shot 1/5 tracer, but I don't know why, I was in no position to question shorttimers. We were also using taxpayer provided firearms in a combat zone, so preservation was not utmost in our minds.

They heat up the barrels a bit more than normal rounds...so just don't fill up a couple 30-rnd mags and go blazing away.

Other than that they are fine...looks like you already know about the fire hazard as well.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top