JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Any Gun Buy Backs any planned ?
I have a few homemade items I wish to turn in. They cost me a few dollars to make and I was wondering if anyone knows of any planned.

If there is, and idea is people also make these same items ,get paid and cover your materials cost and then donate the rest to oppose anti-gunners.

Just a thought, I missed the last one up in Portland but looking to do it at the next one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Last one I heard about was on the coast. I haven't heard of any recently in Oregon. I think perhaps they're beginning to realize two things: that gun buy backs don't actually work and that wiley gun owners have learned how to take advantage of the system. Hopefully they'll keep it up, we could use their money. ;)

Last one I heard about was on the coast. I haven't heard of any recently in Oregon. I think perhaps they're beginning to realize two things: that gun buy backs don't actually work and that wiley gun owners have learned how to take advantage of the system. Hopefully they'll keep it up, we could use their money. ;)

Thinking of stopping in at homedepot to stock up on firearms to turn in ;) I hear in California they are still pretty active but not worth the drive.

Since the law requiring an FFL in all Oregon firearm transfers, I would think that will put the kibosh on buying them for cash on the sidewalk as people walk in.
Maybe that law will stop Ceasefire from holding another one.

Since the law requiring an FFL in all Oregon firearm transfers, I would think that will put the kibosh on buying them for cash on the sidewalk as people walk in. Maybe that law will stop Ceasefire from holding another one.
Ya it seems it would have to involve law enforcement thats how Komifornia does it is through law enforcement from what I read.

Seems like the gun disposal events are not really necessary.

Seriously if someone just abandoned an unwanted gun at a police station with a note, I doubt they would get too upset. Legally it would not be a "transfer" but merely abandoned property.

Under SB 941, you could also legally donate a gun to any FFL dealer without paperwork, since any dealer exchange does not meet the definition of 'transfer'. The dealer would need to complete his own paperwork to legally receive it, but the former owner would have no obligations.

Since the law requiring an FFL in all Oregon firearm transfers, I would think that will put the kibosh on buying them for cash on the sidewalk as people walk in.

Remember SB 941 requires a background check for all transfers, not an FFL. Specifically transferees have the option of calling in their own background check at a gun show - legally any event with 25 or more firearms available for transfer. A well-attended gun disposal event might qualify as a gun show under that definition.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top