Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Any Gun Buy Backs any planned ?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by DuneHopper, Nov 2, 2015.

1. DuneHopper

DuneHopper Douglas County. Well-Known Member

Any Gun Buy Backs any planned ?
    I have a few homemade items I wish to turn in. They cost me a few dollars to make and I was wondering if anyone knows of any planned.

If there is, and idea is people also make these same items ,get paid and cover your materials cost and then donate the rest to oppose anti-gunners.

Just a thought, I missed the last one up in Portland but looking to do it at the next one.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2015
  2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Last one I heard about was on the coast. I haven't heard of any recently in Oregon. I think perhaps they're beginning to realize two things: that gun buy backs don't actually work and that wiley gun owners have learned how to take advantage of the system. Hopefully they'll keep it up, we could use their money. ;)

DuneHopper and albin25 like this.
  3. DuneHopper

Thinking of stopping in at homedepot to stock up on firearms to turn in ;) I hear in California they are still pretty active but not worth the drive.

GuyBMeredith and etrain16 like this.
  4. Stomper

Stomper Oceania Rising White Is The New Brown Silver Supporter

LOL.... :s0112:

DuneHopper likes this.
  5. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

I'm ready for another one! I took about 400 dollars of Bloomberg money last time, I got the nearest gun shop to accept the gift cards and promptly bought a rifle for the nieces and a bunch of ammo. Thanks Michael!

6. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Since the law requiring an FFL in all Oregon firearm transfers, I would think that will put the kibosh on buying them for cash on the sidewalk as people walk in.
    Maybe that law will stop Ceasefire from holding another one.

Caveman Jim likes this.
  7. DuneHopper

Ya it seems it would have to involve law enforcement thats how Komifornia does it is through law enforcement from what I read.

8. jbett98

jbett98 NW Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Well that will sure speed things up.
    The last one in Portland had a wait time of four hours.

9. ocarolan

ocarolan Portland, Oregon Well-Known Member

Seems like the gun disposal events are not really necessary.

Seriously if someone just abandoned an unwanted gun at a police station with a note, I doubt they would get too upset. Legally it would not be a "transfer" but merely abandoned property.

Under SB 941, you could also legally donate a gun to any FFL dealer without paperwork, since any dealer exchange does not meet the definition of 'transfer'. The dealer would need to complete his own paperwork to legally receive it, but the former owner would have no obligations.

Remember SB 941 requires a background check for all transfers, not an FFL. Specifically transferees have the option of calling in their own background check at a gun show - legally any event with 25 or more firearms available for transfer. A well-attended gun disposal event might qualify as a gun show under that definition.

10. Dyjital

Dyjital Albany, Ore Flavorite Member Bronze Supporter

Do you have some hello kitty slamfires to get rid of?

11. DuneHopper

No I have homedepot saturday night specials. :)

Dyjital likes this.
  12. jluck

jluck Really,Really, Close to Newport Oregon 97365 Voted #1 Member

FWIW, most if not all buybacks have figured out the "15 dollar shotgun" bit and have been rejecting them. Be prepared for that.