JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yeah well them kosher folk can get even skinnier I won't force the pork on 'em if they don't want it. Me, I'll be happy to eat some swine if the beef dries up.
Baaaaaaa-connnnnnnnn...

Homer_drooling.png 1661147679847.png

Last Edited:
All joking aside, I am wondering (since you KNOW the one thing that will survive all this; and probably contribute to it) is if there will start to be more of a focus on killing and culling wild hogs around the US. maybe even an industry formed for getting that protein in other places it hasn't already invaded.
At least that part could be a win-win.
Beware wide-scale efforts to cull invasive species - you might end up like Australia in the 1930s. They declared war against a bunch of flightless birds... and lost. :D

Beware wide-scale efforts to cull invasive species - you might end up like Australia in the 1930s. They declared war against a bunch of flightless birds... and lost. :D
Yeah nature is funny that way. Goal isn't so much as to completely cull them (although that would be nice) the goal is to eat! Them hogs spawn and grow like weeds and if they are going to eat all our food we need, I'll sure as heck do my part and eat them in return! Its a pretty sure steady supply of food. Instead of letting them go to waste we could sell them for good money.

And New Zealand has a serious problem with stoats. They were brought in to kill off the rabbits and hares, which were previously brought in as a food and game animal. Pretty soon, the bunnies were decimating the agricultural efforts of the Kiwis. So then the Kiwis imported the stoats from Europe, which was also from whence the bunnies came. But the stoats ended up decimating the native bird populations by stealing and eating their eggs.

It's not nice to (try and) fool Mother Nature...

Last Edited:
And New Zealand has a serious problem with stoats. They were brought in to kill off the rabbits and hares, which were previously brought in as a food and game animal. Pretty soon, the bunnies were decimating the agricultural efforts of the Kiwis. So then the Kiwis imported the stoats from Europe, which was also from whence the bunnies came. But the stoats ended up decimating the native bird populations by stealing and eating their eggs.

It's not nice to (try and) fool Mother Nature...
Reminds me of that rhyme we used to say when we were kids:

"There was an old woman who swallowed a fly,
that wiggled and wriggled and jiggled inside her.

I don't know why she swallowed a fly - perhaps she'll die."

Next, she swallows a spider to eat the fly, …. Etc, etc - with each animal she swallows being bigger and worse than the one before.

I learned the rhyme in Texas, but maybe it was a universal thing among kids at the time.

I wonder what they'll import to deal with the stoats?

Reminds me of that rhyme we used to say when we were kids:

"There was an old woman who swallowed a fly,
that wiggled and wriggled and jiggled inside her.

I don't know why she swallowed a fly - perhaps she'll die."

Next, she swallows a spider to eat the fly, …. Etc, etc - with each animal she swallows being bigger and worse than the one before.

I learned the rhyme in Texas, but maybe it was a universal thing among kids at the time.

I wonder what they'll import to deal with the stoats?
It was. I had heard it as a young kid, too.

Netflix - Woodstock '99. Shows when you take comfort away, water, etc for just three days what will happen.

Before the real, serious food shortages start they are hell bent on poisoning supplies and restricting us from eating anything healthy. Meat bad!, Crickets and fake meat - good. Even baby food is filled with mercury and cadium. Anyone not aware of this by now? Healthy people, cured folks, are a lost customer. A whole economy build on medical lies and profiteering off a sickly populace.

Netflix - Woodstock '99. Shows when you take comfort away, water, etc for just three days what will happen.

Before the real, serious food shortages start they are hell bent on poisoning supplies and restricting us from eating anything healthy. Meat bad!, Crickets and fake meat - good. Even baby food is filled with mercury and cadium. Anyone not aware of this by now? Healthy people, cured folks, are a lost customer. A whole economy build on medical lies and profiteering off a sickly populace.

Commenting on the video:

Monsanto was sold to Bayer (of Germany) in June of 2018.

Glyphosate went off patent as a herbicide in 2000, and is now sold as a generic by many producers.

Glyphosate was initially used as a chelator to chemically remove calcium and other mineral deposits from pipes.

Glyphosate has been patented as an antibiotic.

Food whether through restriction/starvation or just openly contaminating it with toxins and poisons has always been a control tool for governments. Really sad actually. Greedy mega corps, healthcare, and pharms really raised the bar in the war against health in the last few years.

That is why I have to SMH to the foolish, but proud, don't forget proud types that trust the same with their health. The entire system of health care is corrupted to its core. It is what it always is about $$$$$$$$$$ and control. Your health, your life doesn't even factor in at all.

The entire system of health care is corrupted to its core.
There is no such thing as a health care system. Healthy people don't need care. What we have is a medical treatment industry. "Health care" is a misnomer. That said, we have the finest medical treatment anywhere in the world in this country, and we should be grateful for it. Is it expensive? Yes it is, and that's a problem for the uninsured, no doubt about it.

The problem I see with the video in post #649, is the proposition that all these disease problems that are identified as starting about 1982 and worsening since then, are due to pesticides.

FIFRA, the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act, was passed in 1947. It began the regulation of pesticides. It has been strengthened over the years, and pesticide regulation was greatly increased with the formation of the EPA in 1970. Prior to 1970, much more toxic and environmentally persistent chemicals were used in agriculture than are available today. All pesticides on the market today must go through a very lengthy and expensive registration process that involves environmental and health effects testing. Pesticide residues at harvest are strictly regulated to insure that no harmful residues are present at market. Current testing methods are so sensitive that residues can be detected in the parts per billion range.

It seems to me unlikely that relatively recent health issues can be attributed to pesticides when they were not present during an era when highly toxic and environmentally persistent chemicals such as heavy metals and chlorinated hydrocarbons were in common use and residues in food crops were unregulated. What has increased in recent decades, beginning with the publication of Rachel Carson's fictional work "Silent Spring," which set the tone for the environmental movement, is the prevalence of chemophobia.

There is no such thing as a health care system. Healthy people don't need care. What we have is a medical treatment industry. "Health care" is a misnomer. That said, we have the finest medical treatment anywhere in the world in this country, and we should be grateful for it. Is it expensive? Yes it is, and that's a problem for the uninsured, no doubt about it.

The problem I see with the video in post #649, is the proposition that all these disease problems that are identified as starting about 1982 and worsening since then, are due to pesticides.

FIFRA, the Federal Insecticide, Fungicide and Rodenticide Act, was passed in 1947. It began the regulation of pesticides. It has been strengthened over the years, and pesticide regulation was greatly increased with the formation of the EPA in 1970. Prior to 1970, much more toxic and environmentally persistent chemicals were used in agriculture than are available today. All pesticides on the market today must go through a very lengthy and expensive registration process that involves environmental and health effects testing. Pesticide residues at harvest are strictly regulated to insure that no harmful residues are present at market. Current testing methods are so sensitive that residues can be detected in the parts per billion range.

It seems to me unlikely that relatively recent health issues can be attributed to pesticides when they were not present during an era when highly toxic and environmentally persistent chemicals such as heavy metals and chlorinated hydrocarbons were in common use and residues in food crops were unregulated. What has increased in recent decades, beginning with the publication of Rachel Carson's fictional work "Silent Spring," which set the tone for the environmental movement, is the prevalence of chemophobia.
Golly gee, I'm so glad to be lied to about all those 'harmful residues' being gone from my oatmeal...

Golly gee, I'm so glad to be lied to about all those 'harmful residues' being gone from my oatmeal...

Dear Bill: Testing methods have increased in sensitivity such that they can detect residues in the parts per billion range. These concentrations are far below those which would cause any adverse health effects. "Activists" often use the acute sensitivity of current detection methods to create anti-pesticide hysteria. Detectabilty does not equal toxicity. One of the principles of toxicology is that "The dose makes the poison." Common table salt is more toxic than most pesticides on the market today, yet I'll wager i can find it in your kitchen.

Dear Bill: Testing methods have increased in sensitivity such that they can detect residues in the parts per billion range. These concentrations are far below those which would cause any adverse health effects. "Activists" often use the acute sensitivity of current detection methods to create anti-pesticide hysteria. Detectabilty does not equal toxicity. One of the principles of toxicology is that "The dose makes the poison." Common table salt is more toxic than most pesticides on the market today, yet I'll wager i can find it in your kitchen.
I think it's nice for the poisoners that you've chosen to stand up for them but Glyphosate is a known poison & I don't personally trust any gov't agency to regulate my dosage of poison

Remember the old government sponsored food pyramid with carbs being the base? I grew up in the 60's and 70's as a part of that food experiment, diabetes and heart disease are now epidemic and carbs are only good in small portions :s0092:

https://aeps.calpoly.edu/about/hortfacts

From the website:

"California accounts for 46% of the U.S. fruit and nut production….

"California leads in fresh market vegetable production, accounting for 44% of the U.S. harvested area and 49% of the national production."

"California's Top Agricultural Commodities

1. Almonds
  2. Grapes
  3. Berries and Strawberries
  4. Walnuts
  5. Lettuce
  6. Hay Forages
  7. Tomatoes
  8. Nursery Crops
  9. Flowers and Foliage
  10. Pistachios
  11. Broccoli
  12. Rice
  13. Oranges
  14. Cotton
  15. Carrots
  16. Celery
  17. Peppers"

The following report is a year old.

https://www.redding.com/story/news/...in-2021-drought-second-worst-year/5903187001/

My wife and I were in California last week. On the way home, we saw a lake that has been reduced to a small river (or large-ish creek). I'm guessing it was Lake Shasta.

As far back as I can remember, Mount Shasta has looked like this:

E085F551-E658-4730-916F-FA96EF9E3162.jpeg

Here is a picture we took of the mountain when we drove past it the other day. Same part of the mountain as in the first picture, and pretty close to the same perspective.

325DC079-8263-4951-B0F1-2F538EF1C99B.jpeg

My sister lives in Napa, California. She sent this to me a few minutes ago:

81A1CADF-FDC7-45D3-AA26-1E7E0A039CF6.jpeg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads