JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Indoctrination is slow and insidious. A lot of "regular" things today were at times in societal history very hotly contested issues.

If people want to eat bugs, awesome for them, it's when bugs are being pushed as a larger totalitarian effort to control the populace and shift culture away from beef and other meat products that I have an issue.
Most people WANT to be controlled. I would say they actually NEED to be controlled. The egotist, socio/psychopath, the narcissist, they are among the few that cannot be controlled.

Indoctrination is not slow and insidious. It is lovingly fed in measured doses to those that are born that way by those that are not.

Most people WANT to be controlled. I would say they actually NEED to be controlled. The egotist, socio/psychopath, the narcissist, they are among the few that cannot be controlled.

Indoctrination is not slow and insidious. It is lovingly fed in measured doses to those that are born that way by those that are not.
I've had an aversion to authority since a small child. I wonder what boxes I check… :)

Edit: I think people crave structure, but who provides that structure makes a big difference. My life is better when I am controlling myself to get more sleep. I don't desire another entity to force me to get more sleep though.

I've had an aversion to authority since a small child. I wonder what boxes I check… :)

Edit: I think people crave structure, but who provides that structure makes a big difference. My life is better when I am controlling myself to get more sleep. I don't desire another entity to force me to get more sleep though.

A question has been bugging me about posts like this: how is that any different than eating crab, shrimp, or lobster?
Bugs, raw, taste bitter and acrid to me. Cooked, they're just like crunchy texture to me - it's the spice that makes the difference.
Though, ants -- put just one in my food and I can taste it. Makes me think about the Vietnam vets who talked about putting formaldehyde in their Tsing Tao beer to make it taste better.

crayfish/crawdads/mudbugs.
Munch right through the whole thing and spit out the husks.

If things *really* got bad, I know places where I could rustle up a pound of slugs per day, or nutria.
Edit to add: According to a good friend who lived in China for five years, rat is like thigh meat on chicken with a texture like pork.

"...Someone in a small French town had found a way to buy two jars at the grocery store — despite the one-mustard cap imposed by many shops as the country faces a shortage of its beloved condiment.

"The audacity!" said Claire Dinhut, who heard about the local mustard scandal from the egg courier while at her family home south of Tours, in west-central France, as she shared the "town drama" in a TikTok video that has been viewed more than 600,000 times. How the mustard bandit did it: He left the store with one jar, and sneaked back in for a second by checking out with a different salesperson..."

Mon Dieu le horreur!

I don't know, why don't you try some and tell us what the difference is?

Personally, I like Dungeness crab, and shrimp in general, but lobster seems bland to me.

I am guessing, but I don't think bugs would be anywhere near as tasty
The trick to eating lobster is dunking it in melted butter. I like lobster so I can go without melted butter as well.

Edit to add: According to a good friend who lived in China for five years, rat is like thigh meat on chicken with a texture like pork.
To that I can attest. I had BBQ rat-on-a-stick in Saigon (what the kids are calling Ho Chi Minh City these days) about 20 years ago.
Was actually quite tasty, and really did "taste like chicken", like you say. And yes, I knew what I was gonna be eatin' before I bought it.

Last Edited:
Never like Lobster much either. Or Crab.

Was a pro Crawfisher in my early teens on the Multnomah Channel. As a kid I supplied 1/2 of Jake's Crawfish and other restaurant's supplies. Ran over 150+ traps. Crawfish in fresh water highly desired FRESH bait. Cat food w/ holes punched, carp, etc. When something was rotten they typically were not interested.

A lobster or crab on the other hand highly desires (lol) the most rotten carcass possible. You are what you eat, or what you eat, eats .......??

Meh.
We eat several pounds of insects every year. A leg here a wing there plus whole bugs ground in your flour etc.
As to folks who don't like lobster… More for me!!:D

I'm planning to read 'Red Famine' by Anne Applebaum.

It's about Stalin starving his own people.

With the push to stop using fertilizers in farming operations, I wonder just how hungry we'll all get before we turn things around.

No famine - if you can afford the food.

Broken record time from The Heretic:

Food, energy, water, land, shelter - each will only get more expensive (and for some people, scarce) as the human population continues to grow. Between 1967 and 2011, the world population doubled in size.
World population is forecast to peak around mid century at 9.7 billion then begin declining to around 8.8 billion by the 2100.

Some (including Elon Musk) see collapsing birthrates as the biggest threat we face.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top