JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If only common sense would come in the box with the gun...

My idea of gun control is that all guns came as a box of parts, no waiting period, no background check, just a box of parts that you have to assemble, if you can't assemble it, then no gun for you, every transfer of a firearm requires the gun to be disassembled again before the new owner can take possession.

Something like this would really keep the nitwits who "didn't know it was loaded" out of the mix, I'm really tired that somehow that has maintained itself as an excuse for stupidity. I am well aware when my handgun is loaded, and I treat it as such. Even when I know the gun isn't loaded I'm still aware enough not to point it at people, not just because it's dangerous, but because it's rude.

Even the Marines leave their weapons outside the chow hall.
Not in 1969 we didn't!

Not in AFG either.

Sometimes out of boredom, while standing in line to get into a chowhall in Kandahar, my buddies and I would start a pool as to how many times the unmistakable sound of an uncontrolled M-4 or M-16 hitting the ground as we were eating.

The Army, Navy, and Air Force guys (and/or sometimes gals) would just pick up their weapon and continue about their business. On the other hand, with the Marines being Marines they tend to be "different". If they dropped their weapon would drop and knock out 10 to 15 push ups (it's a Marine thing) to atone for the sin of letting their weapon hit the ground. Consequently, Marines didn't drop their weapons very often.

Chipotle is one of the few places serving a healthy menu with quality ingredients it would be a shame if we lost this one to the antis esp. of our own undoing (open carry)

We had lunch at Chipotle yesterday, right after leaving the gun store with my wife's newest purchase. Not so surprisingly, my evil black Glock stayed dormant in it's equally evil looking black holster, hidden behind my not so black shirt. No one knew I had it on me except my wife, son, and the coworker who joined us for lunch (he's a gunny and knows I carry everywhere). Lunch was good - a bit loud, but outside seating was all taken by the time we got through the line.

Until and unless they start putting security people and metal detectors at the doors - I'll continue to patronize them and carry concealed, just like I do when the wife wants to see a movie without waiting 6 months for it to hit Netflix. We've never been asked to consent to a search, they've never wanted to see into the wife's bag. Until it becomes an issue, it's a non issue.

I haven't read Chipotle's actual policy, but I believe I saw it mentioned in any number of media reports. Basically it stated that they follow local laws. A policy much like a well known coffee chain that was caught in the middle of a very similar kerfluffle some time back. Apparently Chipotle pulled the same sleight of hand in 'asking' people not to carry, especially openly.
http://danaloeschradio.com/chipotle-to-customer-not-a-ban-on-guns/

This ends up getting lot's of PR for the anti group, couldn't have come off better even if planned
I highly doubt this was planned. You know how it's been said "A little knowledge is dangerous" Well two of the stupidest looking numbskulls armed with long arms and virtually NO knowledge are to blame for giving anti's any PR they may gain from this. Somehow the words 'Second Amendment' and 'Rights' were the only sounds playing in their heads the day they committed their act of lunacy. They got the '15 minutes of fame' they were seeking and never gave one thought to the damage they would ultimately cause. If nothing else the intelligent, mature Pro-Gun lobby in Texas should ALSO denounce what they did - and it MIGHT even get a few anti's to think about it rationally.

Even people I've met who are very anti-gun are almost always more at ease when after having been around them it comes up I always carry. Then the realization that they have been around a gun and nothing has happened breaks that fear mentality. When you start carrying just to make a statement you are asking for problems.

RV....
Of course you're probably right...no conspiracy.

But like you said "No Knowledge" is where I would be concerned if dining there when these guys came in.
My concern would be mostly over safety, and I'm sure that was an issue with the other customers, who knows what training they've had, if any. The short guy's SKS is almost as long as he is tall.
I'm sure the diners there were thinking about whether this is another active shooter, or ??? There's all kinds of things not right about this.

Not very well thought out either, what if you have Joe Average in there with his wife and kids, and then a group of guys come in exercising OC laws, he can't help but notice.
If Joe is sitting on the fence about how he stands with current gun laws, he may very well start thinking there needs to be more restrictions.
There are just so many things wrong with this scenario in the restaurant.

We've got our hands full with State and Fed legislators as it stands, the last thing we need is another burden on our uphill battle.

I hate hearing these two words, but in this case these guys need to exercise some "common sense".

I apologize for going on and on, but anything that jeopardizes our hard, fought for freedoms,get's my wheels rolling.

Open Carry Texas is making some changes:

http://opencarrytexas.wordpress.com/2014/05/23/joint-statement-on-oc-of-long-arms/

"For all further open carry walks with long guns, we are adopting the following unified protocol and general policy to best ensure meeting our respective legislative mission to legalize open carry:

1) Always notify local law enforcement prior to the walk, especially the day of
2) Carry Flags and signs during your walk to increase awareness
3) Carry the long gun on a sling, not held
4) Do not go into corporate businesses without prior permission, preferably not at all
5) If asked to leave, do so quietly and do not make it a problem
6) Do not post pics publicly if you do get permission and are able to OC in a cooperate business
7) Do not go into businesses with TABC signs posted with a long gun (Ever)
8) If at all possible, keep to local small businesses that are 2A friendly

We ask that members take a step back and make an objective assessment of what we are trying to accomplish and help us to get open carry passed for everyone. We must be willing and able to recognize what works and what doesn't, but we need your help to make these efforts a success. It will be very difficult to spin holstered, black powder revolvers into a negative story. This is the goal we are currently striving for, open carry of handguns. We know everyone is working hard for this cause. It is simply time to focus on what has been proven to work. The conversation has shifted from open carry of handguns to rifles in businesses, negating our efforts and distracting us from our mission."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top