JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
More open carriers ruining it for everybody.

Chipotle is asking customers not to bring firearms into its stores after it says gun rights advocates brought military-style assault rifles into one of its restaurants in Texas.

For every store that some nimrod decides to make a point by open carry in (especially in large groups) and the company make a policy banning it, it just makes it harder for anyone to legally carry. Even though this and the Starbucks thing are not officially asking carriers to leave, it certainly does not assist those that want to carry legally.

In this case I wouldn't blame Chipotles. Blame the open carriers thinking they have something to prove.
Thats the wrong mentality entirely.
Should we cater to the whims of every phobia?
Hoplophobia is no different than homophobia.. Should gays and lesbians not be able to show affection in public because it offends or even scares some people?
The obvious answer is no.
The manor in which I carry has nothing to do with making a statement, 99% of the time its a comfort issue.

Why should I carry my firearm in an uncomfortable manor or disarm myself to cater to those who have an irrational fear?
As I said before our rights are not as tentative as you secret shame firearm owners play them out to be.

IWB sucks. Does it conceal well? Sure, but if you have an actual active job or lifestyle it just doesn't work
Crawl around in a crawlspace and tell me it does chief.

For every store that some nimrod decides to make a point by open carry in (especially in large groups) and the company make a policy banning it, it just makes it harder for anyone to legally carry. Even though this and the Starbucks thing are not officially asking carriers to leave, it certainly does not assist those that want to carry legally.
Again.. You and the folks who have that mentality are the ones not involved enough to contribute to our cause.. Sure, point the finger of blame.. Critique folks and stand on that little hindsight soap box and condemn your brothers in arms.. That really helps! Keep it up brother! ;)

How do you carry your AR in an IWB holster? If I don't know you, I have a real hard time with you leaning your rifle against the chair or table while I'm eating lunch with my granddaughter. We're not in deer or elk camp, they're talking about a public restaurant in the city. I just don't understand the need to carry an AR type rifle under those circumstances.

When selfish guys like this become OUR public face because authoritarian activist groups use them then it is our right to comment on them. Chipotle swat team.jpg

I think the prevailing mentality is fear. Fearful people are easier controlled.
This fear is instilled and promoted through the Government, media news, schools, and Hollywood.

Why cannot people realize that when handguns are outlawed only outlaws will carry?

I dunno, those guys looks like morons.. but.. Id rather see the guys packing then the hommie with the gun stuffed down the front of their pants.

Again.. You and the folks who have that mentality are the ones not involved enough to contribute to our cause.. Sure, point the finger of blame.. Critique folks and stand on that little hindsight soap box and condemn your brothers in arms.. That really helps! Keep it up brother! ;)

So you go ahead and start with all your buddies carrying your AR's in every store you go to until they make a company policy that forbids it. When the private companies ban it then you can happily carry in the street, but you will never be able to go into a business. And you can't leave it in your car because that is 'a public place', so then you better just leave it home. Lots of good these whack jobs do for us all.

One or two guys carrying a pistol should not get people alarmed, but 10 probably will. We need to wake up...

If one's method of promoting a "cause" is scaring and alienating people you wish to 'persuade' and as a result turning them further away, then I suggest the method should be reviewed and altered, because that's what carrying guns in private establishments is doing.

We don't carry grenades into public places to bring people around to the pro-grenade 'side', and similar tactics employed to promote gun ownership is equally counterproductive.

The problems we face as a people can't be solved by the same level of thinking we were at when we created them.

How do you carry your AR in an IWB holster? If I don't know you, I have a real hard time with you leaning your rifle against the chair or table while I'm eating lunch with my granddaughter. We're not in deer or elk camp, they're talking about a public restaurant in the city. I just don't understand the need to carry an AR type rifle under those circumstances.
You're the same type in the same camp that opposes ANY open carry.
Don't get high and mighty, split hairs and say an AR is any different than a pistol when it comes to OCing.

To the fella who posted a photo:
(Unless it was the same guy)

Do they look silly with a staged photo and cheesy smiles? Sure.
However I wasn't there nor were you.. They could have been very articulate and well mannered young men.
If they were dressed in suits and had a wife and child with them would that change your perception? Of course it would, people judge others based on the way they look.
We are ALL judgmental, bigoted racists at some level be it at the micro or macro.

But just as tattooed folks, larpers, transexuals, furries scream and holler for acceptance no matter what they look like are we as a community not the very same?

Wow- talk about timely. I was going to start my own thread but this is just what I wanted to talk about.

First and foremost: Chipotle is a business. If they think they will make more money by banning firearms from their restaurants and jackasses like in the photo from Qaolin are scaring off more people than they are bringing in, then it is entirely within Chipotle's rights to do so. Private property: their rules. We should respect that and if we don't agree with it, we shouldn't go there. No one is making us.

Let's face it: some folks find guns of any sort scary and intimidating. I was raised in such a family where the sight of a gun was enough to send my mom into a fit of panic: real panic - not righteous indignation about someone making a 2A statement, but real honest to goodness fear. If the gun was NOT in a LEO's possession it meant imminent death, in her mind. It didn't matter if it was loaded or not, my mom knew nothing about firearms therefore it was just plain scary. Open carriers making a statement in Chipotle don't understand some peoples' irrational fear. It IS irrational and since firearms were so awful in my house I HAD to learn all about them and working in the wilds of Alaska doing research where I was required to carry a rifle and know how to use it (Sako .375 H&H Mag with open iron sights) really changed my mind. As we said in Alaska: "Guns are fun, AND they're an investment!"

But today, my neighbor, who I've known for 15 years and who normally carries concealed came over today to use the Wi Fi - out of work and looking for a job. His IWB Glock nearly fell on the floor. I asked to check it out - chambered round ready to go. Kind of ticked me off because of the sloppy carry as my kids are in the house and I don't get to be so sloppy in my own home lest I face the wrath of the Mom unit. I felt like posting a "no firearms" sign on my front door, not because I'm opposed to firearms but because I'm opposed to stupidity. The guys in Qaolin's photos look stupid: I don't want to be near them. I want to know you guys' opinion about my neighbor. I didn't bubblegum him out, but I won't trust him again as much as I like him.

Z A Survivalist - I completely get what you are saying, but I too have an active job. I go over to people's houses and crawl around. I can't carry my firearm in a manner I consider safe that isn't completely obvious. Plus I personally have issues about walking into someone's private residence armed without the residents' (who are paying me, therefore I'm working for them) knowledge and/or approval because I myself want to know if someone is packing heat if they come into MY house. It's their place, so it's their rules. Just as it's my house and my rules. Again, I don't have a problem unless you are stupid. And on my property I get to be the judge of your intelligence....

I wish to not appease folks who are bigoted or phobic, "convincing" them my right is inalienable gives THEM the power to take it away.

You secret shame firearm owners are the ones to blame for backing down, years after years after years consequently allowing our country as a whole to deem firearm ownership a privilege and not a right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top