JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
But just as tattooed folks, larpers, transexuals, furries scream and holler for acceptance no matter what they look like are we as a community not the very same?

The difference is that if I and my group walk into Hooters dressed as Klingons(and I have done it) there is laughter and everyone having a good time getting their pictures taken with the Klingons. If a group of X-Box veterans go into the same Hooters armed with long guns I can guarantee the reactions will be totally different.

Last Edited:
This is a key factor...

The announcement came after a petition by Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America, which has called on other companies to ban firearms in their stores as well. The group said its petition was in reaction to open-carry gun activists appearing at a Dallas-area Chipotle restaurant over the weekend.

The reasoning they site is because of the customers, when in fact they have been receiving pressure from Moms Demand Action (MDA) who more than likely bullied them into the decision <broken link removed>.

I, personally, have no problems with guys finding a place to eat after a rally. However, I DO have a problem with just casual loaded AR slung while doing errands.

imagesCA1YVXEH.jpg

Even in Israel they at least remove the magazine!

imagesCAMDFRZS.jpg

How is this an irrational fear? With active shooters being more and more publicized, a little healthy dose of paranoia for the guy in camo with a slung, loaded AR (with armor by the way) would put me in condition red in a heartbeat!

But just as tattooed folks, larpers, transexuals, furries scream and holler for acceptance no matter what they look like are we as a community not the very same?

The transsexual, homosexual, bisexual (and everything but heterosexual) have not been screaming for 20 - 30 years. They started quiet, and move slowly, intentionally and methodically but always towards their goal. 20 years ago if they would have stood in mass outside the courthouses 'until' they had the right to marry, it probably never would have happened. Now that they have ramped up enough support they can do that.

I think we could learn something from this...

"beans and rice wrapped in a tortilla with some corn sprinkled on it really that difficult to make at home?"

My GOD! You've got guts!!:eek:

Just sliced ham, cheese, shreads and some Honey Mustard.;)

Jack...:cool:

Sorry to hear it.
I liked their food and their service.
Fortunately, I have other choices, and plan to choose accordingly.

Just because some ding bat brought a rifle into a restaurant?
Jeeeze man,what do you think is gunna happen when some fool sits down with a rifle at dinner?

I'll go find one just to support their views .This shows how stupid the gun lobby can be

They lost my business, i like qdoba better any way.
Why punish everyone for a couple idiots,

wednesday, june 23, 2010
<broken link removed> [/paste:font]

Police say the Chipotle on York Road was just robbed (at about 9:30 a.m.). Suspects are two black men, one had a rifle. They "shed their clothes" so it's not clear what they are wearing now. They went south toward Gittings, police say, but are still at large. No reports of anyone being injured.

Oh man!? Their going to ban black people next?!

Sorry Riot- I was talking about my mom's irrational fear of firearms when I was a kid almost 50 years ago. She just hated firearms. No logic: pure fear.

Nowadays it's all different: I think all of us here would at least be a little paranoid to see some zit faced gamer boy carrying an AR 15 walk into the place where we were eating a burrito with our kids even if said young man was a fine upstanding individual. We have no way of knowing his motives....

And anyone exercising his 2A rights while being stupid with his firearm anywhere deserves nothing but our contempt: they are doing us and our cause harm.

The transsexual, homosexual, bisexual (and everything but heterosexual) have not been screaming for 20 - 30 years. They started quiet, and move slowly, intentionally and methodically but always towards their goal. 20 years ago if they would have stood in mass outside the courthouses 'until' they had the right to marry, it probably never would have happened. Now that they have ramped up enough support they can do that.

I think we could learn something from this...

Not really. The LBGT community hasn't gone through the continued legislation that firearms have. Granted, if we were fighting against a current AWB I would agree with you. However, we are under constant attack and need to keep reminding the public (and DC) that we know what is going on and won't tollerate it anymore.

Any back-door, hidden or straight up gun control law needs to be ousted and declared unconstitutional immediately. All these hidden registration requirements, the SAFE Act and these state-by-state levels of outright banning of firearms needs to stop and we need to make as much noise about it as possible!

Sooner than later the selfish open carry imbeciles will alienate all gun owners from society. The number of non-firearm owners who silently support us shrinks every time some blimp like the one pictured waddles into a public business with his rifle. Pose for the camera shthead, it will probably be the last shot snapped of a self-centered gun owner in that place of business.

"beans and rice wrapped in a tortilla with some corn sprinkled on it really that difficult to make at home?"

My GOD! You've got guts!!:eek:

Just sliced ham, cheese, shreads and some Honey Mustard.;)

Jack...:cool:

We made venison tacos from scratch tonight, even used un(pre)cooked tortillas. YUM!

TCOV: It's funny - I spent a lot of my childhood in Utah and back then, deer hunting opening was such a big event there they would give us time off school for it. My folks would often take us somewhere (Not for hunting! Heaven Forbid!) and I recall being in many restaurants for dinner with guys coming in from their day's hunt; cold and hungry and often a little bloody. I recall lots of hunting knives on belts but not once did anyone ever come into a restaurant with a deer rifle. Just no need.

My folks' anti-gun and anti-hunting stance completely backfired (!) on them as far as I went.

(So a lesson to all: just be careful what you turn into the "forbidden fruit" in your house. That's why I love Rap music and offer to play it to all my kids' friends when they come over....)

I carry concealed. I don't know of any good reason to open carry in public except to make a statement, and such a statement is not anything but an ego trip in my book. It's, "Hey! Look at me! I have rights, and I'm going to be in your face about it." I suppose there is a time for that, but I haven't encountered it yet. We need to convince the soccer moms and other undecided voters of this world that we are reasonable, sane, everyday people. This kind of stuff is way counter productive.

It's like this, we want to be seen as reasonable people, and reasonable people don't feel the need to carry a loaded AR into a fast food joint unless it's in the Middle East.

Scientist and Zig Zag I live in a gun friendly area and no big deal to see a longarm in the back window of a pickup or someone open carry a pistol but in decades of living here I have never seen someone bring a longarm into a restaurant while having a meal. What were these dipweeds possibly thinking? Definitely didn't make it out of junior high.

I carry concealed. I don't know of any good reason to open carry in public except to make a statement, and such a statement is not anything but an ego trip in my book. It's, "Hey! Look at me! I have rights, and I'm going to be in your face about it." I suppose there is a time for that, but I haven't encountered it yet. We need to convince the soccer moms and other undecided voters of this world that we are reasonable, sane, everyday people. This kind of stuff is way counter productive.

It's like this, we want to be seen as reasonable people, and reasonable people don't feel the need to carry a loaded AR into a fast food joint unless it's in the Middle East.
The only problem here is that those 'soccer moms' that are driving at the front of the anti- crusade are absolutely NOT reasonable. Being seen as reasonable is all well and good, but in the face of irrationality being reasonable might mean something entirely different than it would if you were attempting to be reasonable with a reasonable group that held opposing ideas to yours.

I hate sounding like a conspiracy theorist but the timing: Riot says the "Moms Demand Action" (MDA) was all over this in response to the Dweebs with Rifles (DWR) in the restaurant...

Is Qaolin's photo actually the guys at the Chipotle's? Could this be a setup? I often wonder about these things.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top