JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
My son-in-law's gun safe filled with .223/5.56 ammo was broken into. A fellow named Louie was drinking with son-in-law's 73 year old step-mother where the safe has been since son-in-law's dad passed away, and she gave him a crow bar to pry open the safe. He took all the ammo! A LOT of ammo. Louie hangs in Lake Oswego and the Bend area. He moves a lot. If a 38 year old fellow named Louie (I have he last name but won't publish here), tries to make you a great deal on .223 or 5.56 ammo please let me know. Son-in-law lives in Hood River. Theft occurred in Lake Oswego.

FortRock

SIL trying to avoid police report due to family ties. Talked to him 1 &3/4 last night. Still ambivalent about LE but I am hoping he turns this grifter in.

My son-in-law's gun safe filled with .223/5.56 ammo was broken into. A fellow named Louie was drinking with son-in-law's 73 year old step-mother where the safe has been since son-in-law's dad passed away, and she gave him a crow bar to pry open the safe. He took all the ammo! A LOT of ammo. Louie hangs in Lake Oswego and the Bend area. He moves a lot. If a 38 year old fellow named Louie (I have he last name but won't publish here), tries to make you a great deal on .223 or 5.56 ammo please let me know. Son-in-law lives in Hood River. Theft occurred in Lake Oswego.

FortRock

Holy moly!

WHY is or WAS the son in law's ammunition stored in a safe or cabinet at his old step mother's house?

Anyway, it was STOLEN and was/is the step mother a drunk and/or SENILE because she LET THE CRIMINAL BREAK OPEN THE SAFE worse off TOLD HIM about it from the gitgo?

It sounds to me as if the STEP MOTHER is a part of this THEFT - no offense to your relative.

Now, if the step mother is a drunk, senile or just a OLD LADY who is whacked out of her mind... that may (?) or may not (!) be an excuse but THERE was a theft involved.

DO YOU KNOW for sure that the THIEF - CRIMINAL did or did not PAY the old lady some money ON THE SIDE since she LET HIM STEAL THE AMMO?

Does any person know that she was not PAID SOME MONEY on the SIDE while claiming this crazy @@@ story of letting some MAN come into HER HOME - BREAK OPEN A SAFE OR CABINET and STEAL HER STEP SON'S AMMO?

By the way, whether the AMMO WAS LOCKED UP OR NOT - in a safe or cabinet OR on an OPEN SHELF OR IN A AMMO BOX - EITHER WAY - IT IS or WAS A THEFT OF PRIVATE PROPERTY!

Did the OLD LADY - STEP MOTHER TELL THE THIEF THAT IT WAS 'HER AMMO' AND SHE WAS WILLING TO SELL IT TO HIM - LIE TO HIM ON WHO THE OWNER WAS OF 'SAID AMMO'?!

IF that crapola happened to ME (IF I was a step son or not.) - I would REPORT IT ASAP - make an official police - sheriff's REPORT and KEEP A WRITTEN PAPER COPY OF THE REPORT!

IT all sounds STRANGE and FISHY TO ME - some old lady letting a young or old man STEAL AMMO that did not belong to HER.

Furthermore, some OLD people can be just as crooked as some YOUNG people too.

Now, if the OLD LADY is a whack-a-doodle or just plain SENILE or a DRUNK or whatever... WHY WOULD ANY PERSON LEAVE THEIR 'STUFF' OF ANY VALUE OR EVEN AN OLD SWEATER WITH HER FROM THE GITGO?

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT LEAVE MY STUFF WITH A SANE PERSON WORSE OFF A SENILE PERSON. MY STUFF STAYS WITH ME.

Best wishes to your son in law who was a VICTIM OF THEFT.

FILE THE REPORT! TELL HIM what I said in this post too.

IT ONLY ENCOURAGES OUTRIGHT - IN YOUR FACE THIEVES!

PLUS IF THE STEP MOM IS WHACKED OUT - IT IS ELDER ABUSE - TALKING HER INTO A CRIME OF THEFT IF SHE IS REALLY BAT S CRAZY, A DRUNK OR SENILE!

Cate - I am an old lady @ 70 years old at this moment so I am NOT knocking ALL OLD PEOPLE when I say this.

Last Edited:
It is one of those sheet metal safes. Rifles were in a Stack-On vault. It is definitely big felony theft level. I can't make the decision for him re: police. If I could that would have already happened. I located an active Deschutes case on the scum. Am working on it.

It is one of those sheet metal safes. Rifles were in a Stack-On vault. It is definitely big felony theft level. I can't make the decision for him re: police. If I could that would have already happened. I located an active Deschutes case on the scum. Am working on it.

Good luck!

By the way, it does NOT matter if the ammo was in open ammo cans, in a safe, in a cabinet, in a LOCKED GUN ROOM or in their BOXES ON AN OPEN LIVING ROOM FLOOR - IT IS STILL THEFT.

Plain and simple THEFT WHICH IS A CRIME whether it was 1 or 2 boxes of 22lr bought YEARS AGO or tons of expensive ammo in ALL calibers NOW in today's prices.

Did I tell you how much I DETEST THIEVES?!

Cate

SIL might have a hard time claiming the ammo was stolen considering it was NOT in his possession - and with the stepmom as well.

I have a cousin who went through something similar (not theft related) but he had no legal claim to some items his late father owned but in possession by his stepmother.

Last Edited:
SIL might have a hard time claiming the ammo was stolen considering it was NOT in his possession - and with the stepmom as well.

I have a cousin who went through something similar (not theft related) but he had no legal claim to some items his late father owned but in possession by his stepmother.
Already overwhelmed police depts might just tell SIL it's civil matter and to handle it in court. But if Louie is a prohibited possessor they might interested in that.

A old buddy of mine would not allow people coming to his house that was not in his small inner circle or bringing a friend from work or in-laws or unknowns riding along ect. The stop by not prearranged and meet my buddy thing is over now day. Im the same way now. And boy do people get offended when they drop A I or we will stop by sometime and they get a NO don't do that. A certain type I wont mention :s0136: feel severe rectal discomfort when they are not perceived as special and think people should feel blessed by their presents . unfortunately its necessary in todays climate of Drug fueled insanity & stupidity . The person stole from might even be perceived as liable & the thief be a Hero . I should have followed my old buddys lead years ago .He is a very smart man
Unfortunately this Bubbly attitude was earned .

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top