JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
How do you delete a post here?

I had to put up Never Mind and EDIT it first.

Cate

A old buddy of mine would not allow people coming to his house that was not in his small inner circle or bringing a friend from work or in-laws or unknowns riding along ect. The stop by not prearranged and meet my buddy thing is over now day. Im the same way now. And boy do people get offended when they drop A I or we will stop by sometime and they get a NO don't do that. A certain type I wont mention :s0136: feel severe rectal discomfort when they are not perceived as special and think people should feel blessed by their presents . unfortunately its necessary in todays climate of Drug fueled insanity & stupidity . The person stole from might even be perceived as liable & the thief be a Hero . I should have followed my old buddys lead years ago .He is a very smart man
Unfortunately this Bubbly attitude was earned .
Let me tell you a GREAT one. Long ago place I worked I got to know a co worker well. We would stop at my favorite watering hole now and then to tilt a few after work. So I meet his Wife. She seems nice. My Wife meets her, they hit it off. Soon my Wife and his Wife are going to the range together to shoot a couple times. It was holidays when this guy hired on. So being new he got some short checks in Nov and Dec. Couple times I loaned him some money, he paid me back. Then one night he was off, I stop in to my spot for one. Owner comes over to talk to me. Says your buddy and his wife where here this weekend. She forgot her purse when they left. We did not know who it belonged to so they look for ID. All that was in it was a crack pipe and some food stamps. So next day here the guys Wife comes asking about her purse and its hers. Owner said I just thought you should know. I about fell off my damn stool thinking I have had them to my damn home to watch the game and my Wife is taking his wife to shoot our damn guns:eek::eek::eek::eek:.
I told Wife, we of course made excused to not have anything to do with them. Soon after the clown gets caught stealing from work and is fired of course. I felt we got VERY damn lucky. When my kids were still living at home I had made it clear to them, multiple times, do NOT mention to your friends we own guns, then here I am bringing a crack head to my home to watch the damn game!!

I would definitely call the cops, even if they don't do anything you can have a clear conscience that you tried. You can even call them if your son in law doesn't want to, they will reach out to him as a follow up and if he declines it's on him and no one else.

My son-in-law's gun safe filled with .223/5.56 ammo was broken into. A fellow named Louie was drinking with son-in-law's 73 year old step-mother where the safe has been since son-in-law's dad passed away, and she gave him a crow bar to pry open the safe. He took all the ammo! A LOT of ammo. Louie hangs in Lake Oswego and the Bend area. He moves a lot. If a 38 year old fellow named Louie (I have he last name but won't publish here), tries to make you a great deal on .223 or 5.56 ammo please let me know. Son-in-law lives in Hood River. Theft occurred in Lake Oswego.

FortRock
I don't understand the family info but sounds like the woman who gave him a crowbar to get into the safe was the owner of the ammo?

Rule #8 ..."Removal of content causes numerous continuity issues for forum-based communities such as ours..."

Just mentioning such. In this case, and In this case only, edited to "never mind" is fine.

Okay and I did not realize this or I forgot it. Apologies.

I basically said that some garbage happened to my older sister due to some of her STUFF being kept for her and NEVER RETURNED. Expensive stuff.

She was in hospice care - in a facility - FLORIDA. It was an EX relative. So the STUFF was not in her home - assisted living apartment and not in her hands.

I reported it and so forth.

I will say it again...

IF YOUR STUFF IS NOT IN YOUR HANDS OR IN YOUR HOME and unless there is a written and detailed paper regarding your stuff in someone's else's home - signed by all parties... most people do not have a leg to stand on.

ADDED MORE.

SIDE NOTE here:

My husband had to hold some guns for a friend of his. The friend and the wife asked him to do this for THEM. His good old friend eventually died.

The WIFE, friend and lawyer, CALLED ME and my husband was not home. So I had him call her as soon as he got home. Plus BEFORE he told them about what legal paper should be drawn up to PROTECT HIM, ME, the friend and his wife - he told me what it was all about and IF I AGREED TO LET THE RIFLES BE STORED IN THE GUN ROOM. I built this house and it is in my name.

The wife now widow was/is a well KNOWN LAWYER at the state capitol and in private work. She is RETIRED now.

My MT husband said that he would NOT HOLD THE GUNS for his friend and her UNLESS THERE WAS A WRITTEN PAPER DATED, SIGNED, SERIAL NUMBERS, ETC. - ALL NICE AND LEGAL.

PLUS SINCE WE DID NOT HAVE EXTRA SAFES FOR THOSE GUNS - THAT WE WOULD NOT BE HELD LIABLE IF SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THEM OR IF THEY GOT DINGED WHICH NEVER HAPPENED.

ANYWAY, HE HAD TO HELP THE OLD LADY AND THE MAN'S SON - MOVE GUNS, KNIVES, AMMO, RELOADING STUFF, ETC. TO THE SON'S HOUSE and the rifles came to our gun room for safekeeping. What a JOB! They did it toegther.

When those RIFLES were PICKED UP - it was signed and dated all over again. We still have the paper on that. ALL LEGAL.

IT was NOT a court order but my husband said that he would not do that unless the t's were crossed and the i's dotted. So my husband told the wife and his VERY CLOSE FRIEND what had to be written down to PROTECT ALL PARTIES and she drew it up at the hospital and at her home office. He met his old friend and the wife at the hospital. He continued to see his ill and confused friend often too.

Plus I agreed with SUPER X as I have many times on WHO comes into your home and UNEXPECTED COMPANY, etc.

I think that unexpected company and not SPECIFICALLY invited people coming over at all hours who are NOT super close friends is RUDE behavior. Plus super close friends usually KNOW ahead of time when they will meet and if they are super close - NO problems.

That was basically the point of some of those posts plus I screwed up 2 in trying to fix it.

Cate

Last Edited:
My son-in-law's gun safe filled with .223/5.56 ammo was broken into. A fellow named Louie was drinking with son-in-law's 73 year old step-mother where the safe has been since son-in-law's dad passed away, and she gave him a crow bar to pry open the safe. He took all the ammo! A LOT of ammo. Louie hangs in Lake Oswego and the Bend area. He moves a lot. If a 38 year old fellow named Louie (I have he last name but won't publish here), tries to make you a great deal on .223 or 5.56 ammo please let me know. Son-in-law lives in Hood River. Theft occurred in Lake Oswego.

FortRock

I thought stuff like this happens only on TV. 38yo vagrant was "drinking" with 73yo widow and then....

Also, Louie has a very easy defense. He didn't steal anything. He was given a crow bar by the lawful owner/occupant of the house, as far as he knew, to pry open a safe and take what he wanted because that owner/occupant , a 73yo woman, forgot the combination after the death of her husband and didn't want the stuff anymore anyway. He was given the stuff. The step mother will say "no, that's not true!" to which Louie will simply reply " the 73yo woman was drinking and that clearly affected her memory, but at the time she didn't appear intoxicated and I was under the impression she knowingly gave me permission to pry open the safe and take what I want. Go ahead, prove me wrong. "

Yea, you can file a police report, but your SIL is SOL. Maybe it's time to cut ties with trashy people, including step mothers....

I think she might have felt the Paul Harvey remark was directed towards her post in a insulting manner. Hopefully it wasn't.

Hello,

I thought that it was directed towards me and that is one reason why I tried to delete what I said.

Since what I wrote was long with explanations and some people here HATE or dislike that about me and what I say.

They can skip over or scan over or put me on ignore. Oh well.

And never mind can be nevermind or vice versa.

So apologies to every single person here if I MESSED UP.

Old Lady Cate

Your SIL's silence gives consent.

If he doesn't contact the police he's allowing the scumbag to do this type of crime again.

Change the crime to something truly harmful, maybe against a child. Would that change his mind about reporting it?

Hello,

I thought that it was directed towards me and that is one reason why I tried to delete what I said.

Since what I wrote was long with explanations and some people here HATE or dislike that about me and what I say.

They can skip over or scan over or put me on ignore. Oh well.

And never mind can be nevermind or vice versa.

So apologies to every single person here if I MESSED UP.

Old Lady Cate
No apologies needed, write what you want to write and as you said others can skip over it if they don't want to read it.

Holy moly!

WHY is or WAS the son in law's ammunition stored in a safe or cabinet at his old step mother's house?

Anyway, it was STOLEN and was/is the step mother a drunk and/or SENILE because she LET THE CRIMINAL BREAK OPEN THE SAFE worse off TOLD HIM about it from the gitgo?

It sounds to me as if the STEP MOTHER is a part of this THEFT - no offense to your relative.

Now, if the step mother is a drunk, senile or just a OLD LADY who is whacked out of her mind... that may (?) or may not (!) be an excuse but THERE was a theft involved.

DO YOU KNOW for sure that the THIEF - CRIMINAL did or did not PAY the old lady some money ON THE SIDE since she LET HIM STEAL THE AMMO?

Does any person know that she was not PAID SOME MONEY on the SIDE while claiming this crazy @@@ story of letting some MAN come into HER HOME - BREAK OPEN A SAFE OR CABINET and STEAL HER STEP SON'S AMMO?

By the way, whether the AMMO WAS LOCKED UP OR NOT - in a safe or cabinet OR on an OPEN SHELF OR IN A AMMO BOX - EITHER WAY - IT IS or WAS A THEFT OF PRIVATE PROPERTY!

Did the OLD LADY - STEP MOTHER TELL THE THIEF THAT IT WAS 'HER AMMO' AND SHE WAS WILLING TO SELL IT TO HIM - LIE TO HIM ON WHO THE OWNER WAS OF 'SAID AMMO'?!

IF that crapola happened to ME (IF I was a step son or not.) - I would REPORT IT ASAP - make an official police - sheriff's REPORT and KEEP A WRITTEN PAPER COPY OF THE REPORT!

IT all sounds STRANGE and FISHY TO ME - some old lady letting a young or old man STEAL AMMO that did not belong to HER.

Furthermore, some OLD people can be just as crooked as some YOUNG people too.

Now, if the OLD LADY is a whack-a-doodle or just plain SENILE or a DRUNK or whatever... WHY WOULD ANY PERSON LEAVE THEIR 'STUFF' OF ANY VALUE OR EVEN AN OLD SWEATER WITH HER FROM THE GITGO?

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT LEAVE MY STUFF WITH A SANE PERSON WORSE OFF A SENILE PERSON. MY STUFF STAYS WITH ME.

Best wishes to your son in law who was a VICTIM OF THEFT.

FILE THE REPORT! TELL HIM what I said in this post too.

IT ONLY ENCOURAGES OUTRIGHT - IN YOUR FACE THIEVES!

PLUS IF THE STEP MOM IS WHACKED OUT - IT IS ELDER ABUSE - TALKING HER INTO A CRIME OF THEFT IF SHE IS REALLY BAT S CRAZY, A DRUNK OR SENILE!

Cate - I am an old lady @ 70 years old at this moment so I am NOT knocking ALL OLD PEOPLE when I say this.
I agree!

FYI.... when the will was read it was clear to all that SIL inherited all guns, ammo, and firearm related equipment. The safe was in a large, locked gun room. Deceased father loved building AR's and collecting military arms. SIL was in long process of removing contents of room and there had been no prior problem in the transition. She knew it belonged to him.

FYI.... when the will was read it was clear to all that SIL inherited all guns, ammo, and firearm related equipment. The safe was in a large, locked gun room. Deceased father loved building AR's and collecting military arms. SIL was in long process of removing contents of room and there had been no prior problem in the transition. She knew it belonged to him.

Then she's the accomplice to the theft.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews