JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I smell an inside job.
No kidding. All of us are on top of this stuff and we didn't even know :D

I like this part though...

Evans said she could not offer further details, such as the possible time frame of the theft, whether any weapons also were stored there

Really Evans, you don't know "if" any weapons were stored there?

Crater Lake National park has a camera at the entrance, so why wouldn't they have more cameras. Some people tried to steal money from the entry fee drop box twice. They were caught on camera and arrested the second night.

August 29, 1982
In 1982, a Park Ranger is chasing a slightly speeding Volvo and a hand grenade goes off in the Volvo killing the driver. Apparently the driver was trying to throw it out the window and dropped it.

Crater Lake National park has a camera at the entrance, so why wouldn't they have more cameras. Some people tried to steal money from the entry fee drop box twice. They were caught on camera and arrested the second night.

August 29, 1982
In 1982, a Park Ranger is chasing a slightly speeding Volvo and a hand grenade goes off in the Volvo killing the driver. Apparently the driver was trying to throw it out the window and dropped it.
So that's why we can't carry grenades in national parks.

funny that the govt hides caches of ammo is remote locations in the woods for later use...

says civilians who hides caches of ammo in homes for later use are part of the "gun violence" problem.

August 29, 1982
I wonder if he forgot to roll down the window :D

I guess you never know when an up rising of zombie chipmonks might take place, lots of the little buggers up there. Not sure if zombie chipmonks hibernate? rite now the area is under a ton of snow with limited access, most likely why they don't know exactly when the theft occurred.

I find this interesting considering

The park's North Entrance Road is closed for the winter. The 30-mile Rim Drive around the lake is also closed for the winter. Highway 62 is open year-round. You can enter the park through the West Entrance or the South Entrance on Highway 62.

The 7-mile road from Highway 62 to Rim Village is also open year-round, although the last 3 miles (from Park HQ to Rim Village) are sometimes closed for days or weeks at a time during periods of heavy snow. To find out if the road to Rim Village is open today, feel free to call our visitor center at 541-594-3100.

The park's roads are often icy and snow-packed this time of year. Motorists should carry chains or have traction tires installed on their vehicle.

The park is open 24 hours a day. The park does not close at night.

You damn near can't even get there hows someone up there stealing stuff.

Cute_Little_Chipmunk_Stuffs_His_Little_Cheeks.gif

My honda civic can make it up there in winter....

August 29, 1982
Cameras dont matter for an inside job. Havent you seen the movie?!?! The guy is still there and the ammo in a hidden wall, were talking about federal police. They couldnt find Yogi the bear stealing picnic baskets.
My Pops knew a guy in Seattle in the mid-ninties who would sell you a hand grenade for $50, we went up and saw them, never did buy any as far as I know, but hell I was under 10. My dad loved the waterproof M-80s for fishing, never did find out where he got those.

I find this interesting considering

The park's North Entrance Road is closed for the winter. The 30-mile Rim Drive around the lake is also closed for the winter. Highway 62 is open year-round. You can enter the park through the West Entrance or the South Entrance on Highway 62.

The 7-mile road from Highway 62 to Rim Village is also open year-round, although the last 3 miles (from Park HQ to Rim Village) are sometimes closed for days or weeks at a time during periods of heavy snow. To find out if the road to Rim Village is open today, feel free to call our visitor center at 541-594-3100.

The park's roads are often icy and snow-packed this time of year. Motorists should carry chains or have traction tires installed on their vehicle.

The park is open 24 hours a day. The park does not close at night.

You damn near can't even get there hows someone up there stealing stuff.
My thoughts exactly!!! I was checking info on going up there to do the guided snowshoeing trip and noticed that 62 is only way in or out.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top