JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I did a search, didn't find this elsewhere on this site. If it's a dupe, my apologies.

Two air force sergeants with access to government ammo. Who knew, servicemen stealing government property? Never happen. Wink, wink.

Looks like they were caught acting out as right wingnuts, rather than pursuant to an investigation of stolen federal property.

Before long these two staff sergeants may be receiving some orders for Fort Leavenworth Kansas,....

Not real bright of them.

From the article: "The Inland Northwest Joint Terrorism Task Force had been investigating Sanger after linking him with a pair of social media accounts that made anti-government statements in the months between the 2020 presidential election and the storming of the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, 2021, according to court documents."

Our government monitoring social media accounts for citizens who are dissatisfied with our government? 🤨

Granted, some of the comments that at least one of these Air Force Sergeants made were over the top,...

I wonder if The Inland Northwest Joint Terrorism Task Force would approach a FISA court to monitor a citizen expressing their negative opinion about our government without a threat of violence?

So, expressing dissatisfaction towards our government may be grounds to be surveilled by a Joint Terrorism Task Force?

Of course anyone would be rightly afraid to express a negative opinion about our government or risk being surveilled by a Government Terrorism Task Force,.... Is it possible that the government wants law abiding citizens to be afraid to publicly express a negative opinion about our government?

Last Edited:
Our government monitoring social media accounts for citizens who are dissatisfied with our government?

I love the US government. They are the most efficient and effective in everything they do. Paying taxes to support all these great programs is a privilege. We need more agencies to tell us how to live our lives, because they are so smart and wise to protect us from ourselves. Without the government, we'd be too lost with so much freedom.

... lol

-Robert

So, expressing dissatisfaction towards our government may be grounds to be surveilled by a Joint Terrorism Task Force
There may be more investigative emphasis on serving American soldiers / airmen / sailors / marines than civilians. After all, there is a fairly high standard of loyalty demanded of military members. Upon entering service, there is an oath taken to defend the Constitution, orders of superiors, etc. A threat of violence may not be required to arouse the interest of those charged with ensuring loyalty.

There may be more investigative emphasis on serving American soldiers / airmen / sailors / marines than civilians. After all, there is a fairly high standard of loyalty demanded of military members. Upon entering service, there is an oath taken to defend the Constitution, orders of superiors, etc. A threat of violence may not be required to arouse the interest of those charged with ensuring loyalty.
Funny that considering the "anti-American" actions/policies supported by sitting members of congress and the other highest levels of American government.

One would have to be very cynical to think that the government was concerned that service members might not obey orders to commit violence on citizens who exercise their constitutional rights. :rolleyes:

One would have to be very cynical to think that the government was concerned that service members might not obey orders to commit violence on citizens who exercise their constitutional rights. :rolleyes:
One would have to be very paying attention to think the government is VERY opposed of service members taking seriously the oath to protect this country against enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC.

One would have to be very paying attention to think the government is VERY opposed of service members taking seriously the oath to protect this country against enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC.
True. I believe that the fact that they were stealing ammunition indicates that we are not looking at the sharpest knives in the drawer, and that the internet posts are the whipped cream topping on that!

I was pointing out something that isn't directly pertinent to this case.

True. I believe that the fact that they were stealing ammunition indicates that we are not looking at the sharpest knives in the drawer, and that the internet posts are the whipped cream topping on that!

I was pointing out something that isn't directly pertinent to this case.
Agreed, dumb all around. They were probably wanting to make some money on the side considering resale value of ammo. Not how I would recommend making some money on the side.

Edit: article says they stole ammo to then use it personally. So it's still a matter of money, even if it wasn't for sale potentially, it was them saving their own earnings and not buying ammo.

"When individuals put their own interests ahead of others and abuse the public trust, those individuals dishonor the countless public servants who dedicate their lives to government and military service." - OSI agent

Interesting take. I hope that applies military wide. I've heard of stolen jet engines, trucks and ammo. If they can prove it, charge them. They need to follow legal orders like everyone else. As far as I can tell from the story, unless they are trying to prove a conspiracy, all they have is the theft.

I love the US government. They are the most efficient and effective in everything they do. Paying taxes to support all these great programs is a privilege. We need more agencies to tell us how to live our lives, because they are so smart and wise to protect us from ourselves. Without the government, we'd be too lost with so much freedom.

... lol

-Robert
I wish that there was some big giant monitor that I could confess my weekly sins to. Once absolved by the big giant monitor, I could go on to be a productive citizen. Yes, that is what would satisfy me as a citizen....

I wish that there was some big giant monitor that I could confess my weekly sins to. Once absolved by the big giant monitor, I could go on to be a productive citizen. Yes, that is what would satisfy me as a citizen....

Worry no more, fellow US Citizen, we have the IRS for that. And even better, it's not a burden of a weekly confession, only once a year! Or, if you prefer to pay double, own your own business, and you get to confess quarterly. How wonderful they are to allow us these freedoms.

-Robert

"When individuals put their own interests ahead of others and abuse the public trust, those individuals dishonor the countless public servants who dedicate their lives to government and military service." - OSI agent
I can think of 535 servants of the people who do this exact thing, not to mention the executive branch.

Jack

Before long these two staff sergeants may be receiving some orders for Fort Leavenworth Kansas,....
This is a very real possibility.

I knew of couple NCOs in a particular AF LE unit I was in who 'got orders' for Ft. Leavenworth due to a large theft of Gov property 'ring' they had been operating under the noses of the rest of us who were NOT involved on the particular 'shift' we were working. The rest of the 'gang' got varying levels of local punishment.

It was pretty ingenious what they were doing. Dang near like a script from a crime drama movie. It was a strange experience to say the least. I recall the FBI got involved as it spilled over 'off base' as well due to where they were storing the stuff. They stole lots of stuff as well over a long period of time.

Last Edited:
Awwwww....come on man.
Something to learn here perhaps?

Large Organizations and all that.
Yeah....even if/when there are two.

Aloha, Mark

Last Edited:

Interesting take. I hope that applies military wide. I've heard of stolen jet engines, trucks and ammo. If they can prove it, charge them. They need to follow legal orders like everyone else. As far as I can tell from the story, unless they are trying to prove a conspiracy, all they have is the theft.
Insight from someone who used to be one of those OSI guys: Simple thefts like that usually surface when a disaffected girl friend or former buddy dime them out. An undercover agent (UCA) is definitely not the norm for low-level theft like that article described. The feds do not get involved in simple thefts, either. This situation reads to me like the feds got onto the idiotic postings about violence, then partnered with OSI to find a suitable UCA to drift into association with that crowd. During the course of that operation, the UCA discovered there was an ongoing theft of ammo to also be investigated and charged.

This is a very real possibility.

I knew of couple NCOs in a particular AF LE unit I was in who 'got orders' for Ft. Leavenworth due to a large theft of Gov property 'ring' they had been operating under the noses of the rest of us who were NOT involved on the particular 'shift' we were working. The rest of the 'gang' got varying levels of local punishment.

It was pretty ingenious what they were doing. Dang near like a script from a crime drama movie. It was a strange experience to say the least. They stole lots of stuff as well over a long period of time.
My father is a retired Navy Officer, an aviator. I did an enlisted hitch in the early 1980s. Suffice to say that I received an entirely different view of the Navy as an enlisted man than I ever imagined as an officer's son growing up on Naval Air Stations,....

I witnessed some sketchy "horse trading" between the various Navy rates during my time. After relating some of what I witnessed to my Dad he made it clear that the Navy would not mess around if they caught the perpetrators. I was no angel but there's no sense in having a bureaucracy that large come down on you.

I am sure that a Marine Corps Red Line Brig is no party while awaiting a military tribunal. And I am equally sure that "Duty" at Fort Leavenworth would be memorable.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads