JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's not worth selling for $150.
I might sell 1 but I really would have to be hard up
Typical day at the shop in sequim. Widow brings some of Dads guns in. They want to sell not consign. She leaves a beat up 10/22.
$100. Sold.
This is right after sandy hook
I take it to the next show. What? $400 for the gun(10/22s were hard to find) 1 10rnd mag and a 25rnd mag and a brick of ammo?
Shyzzle,dude! That's 500 easy!:eek:
Two days at the show and the package never left the truck.
Easy $300 profit for me. But I saw the value I had in hand. I would have to pay that price myself in the future

In my small town in Wyoming I have encountered guys at garage sales selling 22LR ammo for $.12 to $.15 per round, and they admit they buy in bulk whenever they can. As it pertains to gun shows, there is one sure fire way to avoid the gougers. Don't go to gun shows. I haven't seen a good deal at a gun show in over 20 years. I have seen a lot of overpriced junk at gun shows. I will not pay more than $.08 per round for 22LR ammo.

It'll eventually all even out. .22lr isn't going away anytime in the foreseeable future.

As for retailers upping their prices, y'all pay for gas to drive around no matter what the average price is and some people will pay whatever the prices are for .22lr no matter what. Maybe when it's cheaper to shoot another round it will fall out of style but until then it will be sought after.

More shooters getting into it and everyone tells them to start out with a .22lr, and for good reason;)

I had an opportunity to my one of these rifles a couple of years ago.
I really wanted it, but I'm glad that I figured out I couldn't support the habit to indulge using it.
Half a brick in 20 seconds.

.22 has has taken a rather huge rising. Some of the prices I see, OMG. It's insanity.
At the rate things are rising in the firearm industry, enjoy your 8¢/round while you can. It will soon be a thing of the past. Those of you wanting ammo, buy it now while you can. IMO, the prices are are already ridiculous.

What will it take to stop this trend? Most likely intervention from the Feds, looking to collect the sales tax owed for people selling this stuff and not collecting and paying the sales tax due them. The Feds almost always have a way to shut things down, if they want to . . . but do they want to?

I can't seem to stop shooting it long enough to hoard it :)

I love shooting .22 and probably do so almost daily depending on how much I have. I usually find a sale, stock up enough for a few months then start looking for the next sale. It would be cool to have a stockpile but I'm not that disciplined and would rather hoard other ammo.

If SHTF .22 ammo would be a highly tradeable commodity, worth more than a lot of other things. Everyone's got a .22........

what is amusing is that I'll wager that none of you would turn
down the chance to buy a house cheap and sell high...same
for a rapidly rising stock what would be sure to yield a big
payoff.

on the flip side, can you also see how silly it would be for those
who didn't have the foresight to buy, gripe afterwards and point
fingers at those who did and accuse them of being gougers?

I'm fortunate enough to have two Bi-Marts on my 25 minute drive to work, so I can just drop in, and typically get 22LR when they have it. Typically about 4 cents a round for Thunderbold (which I don't care for much, honestly, but maybe good to have a SHTF currency) ;-), and about twice that for CCI, and others somewhere in between. I just buy 22LR when available and everything else I need when it's on sale, then when I want to go shoot, I have what I need.

I think Gun shows are fun to go look at, and have occasionally found either good deals (e.g. 5.56 for cheap) or hard to find stuff (e.g. magazine for my old WWII era Mossberg 22 S-L-LR, or 7.7Jap ammo for my Arisaka Type 99), but other than that, yeah, lots of overpriced stuff, and especially 22LR. I just won't pay those prices, and I don't have to with just a little forethought and effort. :)

I rounded up the whole family to increase my supply today.
Lets see, 8 people each got 3 @ $8.47/100 (limit 3x100) =$27.28 x two trips (morning/evening) equals 4800 rounds $436.48

I rounded up the whole family to increase my supply today.
Lets see, 8 people each got 3 @ $8.47/100 (limit 3x100) =$27.28 x two trips (morning/evening) equals 4800 rounds $436.48

upload_2016-6-4_14-8-3.png

It is the rare scalper that 'makes' money on ammo.

If you disagree then I challenge you to try it for a month. Calculate your time and gas into the figures and 90% of people are going to loose money.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top