JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The eight years during which Barack Obama served as president were a boom time for the gun industry. Obama's consistent and futile efforts to introduce new regulations restricting gun sales were whipped into rhetoric about imminent crackdowns on gun ownership — rhetoric that predated Obama's election, much less his policy efforts.

There's been some indication that gun sales have receded in the wake of Donald Trump's election. The go-to metric for gun sales — a figure that isn't directly compiled by the government — is the number of federal background checks completed during a month. The biggest month for such checks tends to be December, as people buy firearms as Christmas gifts. In December 2015, the FBI conducted 3.3 million background checks. In December 2016, after Trump's win? 2.8 million.

Analysis | Americans spent an estimated $17 billion on ammunition while Obama was president

So at an average of 35 cents per round that's more than 48,571,428,571 rounds. o_O
Divided between 350,000,000 people in America. That's only about 139 rounds per person.

It feels like I've done more than my share of the work on this one? :D

So at an average of 35 cents per round that's more than 48,571,428,571 rounds. o_O
Divided between 350,000,000 people in America. That's only about 139 rounds per person.

I just calculated mine. I have done about 72 times more than my share. Obama should award me for being a good customer. Lol

Have to admit I did my part to make that happen. But it's sure nice to walk into BiMart and see the shelves full of ammo, powder, and primers. Prices are up but at least it's available.

Seems I may be an over achiever, I have done more than 150 times that amount... No wonder the wife looks at me funny when I bring more wayward ammo home :eek:

That's only about 139 rounds per person.

^. I'd have a very hard time calculating how many cartridges I bought in the time frame of 2009-2016. However it is, um, a little more than 139 rounds. Wait, let's just say a lot more. :s0112:

HA!! When I think of all the trips to Bi-Mart over the last 8yrs..... ;)
OBAMAAAA!!!

664.gif

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class