JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Either this is new and they haven't started enforcing it yet, or are starting to, or it is BS.

All you have to do is go to Amazon and type in foregrip or "quad rail" or "AR15 upper" or tactical anything and you will get loads of results.

I think this might be true. After buying countless parts for guns on Amazon I searched today for barrel shroud (there used to be a TON of these available) and now there are 2 options. Not a single straight Magpul forgrip when there used to be hundreds of options. Now only the AFG (or other non-foregrip[s according to the ATF) and 2 grip pods that have slipped through the cracks. Maybe 2 options total for a vertical grip.

Something is definitely up. I might have to end my relationship with amazon if this continues.

UPDATE: Yep, this is happening.
Amazon Removing Gun Products From Store. Worse Than EBay. - The Firearm Blog

Lmao. And I just burned two gift cards on assault weapon accessories.
My bipod sure is deadly!
They already dont sell mags.. So what more can they ban?
Stocks/ furniture?

Its a horrible idea.. The firearm community is one that has money and spends it all the more.

Just emailed them and said I wont be doing business with them anymore.
Although.. Some outsourced asian or indian person is going to read/ answer it.. So whats the use.

Just a heads up about Amazon.com, they funded the Seattle gun buy back program last year. This action alone has landed them on my Boycott list and I will never do business with them ever again!!! If you want them to change, hit em in the purse.

I think this might be true. After buying countless parts for guns on Amazon I searched today for barrel shroud (there used to be a TON of these available) and now there are 2 options. Not a single straight Magpul forgrip when there used to be hundreds of options. Now only the AFG (or other non-foregrip[s according to the ATF) and 2 grip pods that have slipped through the cracks. Maybe 2 options total for a vertical grip.

Something is definitely up. I might have to end my relationship with amazon if this continues.

UPDATE: Yep, this is happening.
Amazon Removing Gun Products From Store. Worse Than EBay. - The Firearm Blog

The article you linked here is almost a year old. Regardless there are a ton of AR-15 components still for sale, so they are doing a really poor job or it was just a PR move.

Just ordered a Vortex StrikeFire Red Dot Scope for AR15 SF-BR-AR15 from a Amazon seller yesterday. Will check his inventory in the next couple of weeks to see if it changes any.

They told me I was wrong when I noticed everything disappearing off my watch list. Mission First Tactical, Hogue beavertail AR-15 grips, UTG pro AK-47 rail system, TufForce,...

If they're not dropping the catagory competely, it is certain they are thinning everything down.

I noticed the magpul battery assist device has been removed from Amazon, as well as all the MOE foregrips. I would imagine the slidefire stocks are next to go, and then from there who knows. Time to spend my remaining points and say goodbye to Amazon.

From the Reuters article..Amazon pressed on gun accessory sales, a year after Newtown | Reuters

"The activists cited products offered for sale on Amazon.com such as a gun stock that "allows shooter to shoot as quickly as desired" and a lever for the AR-15 that "allows you to lock the bolt back and release the bolt with just a slight movement of your trigger finger which significantly improves the speed and efficiency of reloads," according to both the site and the text of the letter.

Similar levers were also available on the online sites of other retailers including Wal-Mart Stores Inc and Cabela's Inc. Cabela's also sold a similar gun stock.

Kanzer said his firm did not contact either of the other retailers on the issue because Domini does not own their shares."

Looks normal there to me.

Amazon.com: AR parts

That's generally how things like this are done, they don't sweep entire categories away in a way that everyone notices, they just chew away one at a time, until its eventually gone with little notice.

Take a look at quad rails. They are a banned category in amazons prohibited weapons list now. They've removed the top selling cheapo UTG and no-name brands that had hundreds of reviews, but you can still find plenty of other quad rails. See, its all fine.. Interestingly enough, if you go to google and type "amazon quad rail" you'll see the top 3 listed hits, 2 have since been removed from amazon and the remaining one is a barrel-rail.

Take the "battery assist device", its now a banned category according to amazons prohibited weapons list. You can't buy the B.A.D lever anymore, but you can still buy the same thing from Troy. They'll eventually get to the Troy assist device, but since its still there now.."all is fine, see" =)

"Assault weapon grips and foregrips" (??) are also a banned category. They removed the MOE foregrips, and other AK foregrips this month..but go ahead and look them up in general, you'll find lots. They don't suddenly wipe out entire categories, they just whittle it down one at a time until the job is done. Go look for a MIAD or Hogue hand grip, they are gone as well now because they are for "assault weapons".

Here's the message that came with the removal of the MOE foregrips from Amazon.

"Amazon's MOE grip for sale - 4th listing $21.88

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know that the detail pages listed at the end of this message have been removed from our catalog.

We took this action because Amazon prohibits the sale and listing of assault weapon grips and foregrips, quad rails, battery assist levers, etc. on Amazon."

Here's the prohibited weapons list for any that are interested. Amazon.com Help: Weapons

*End rant* =)

That's generally how things like this are done, they don't sweep entire categories away in a way that everyone notices, they just chew away one at a time, until its eventually gone with little notice.

Take a look at quad rails. They are a banned category in amazons prohibited weapons list now. They've removed the top selling cheapo UTG and no-name brands that had hundreds of reviews, but you can still find plenty of other quad rails. See, its all fine.. Interestingly enough, if you go to google and type "amazon quad rail" you'll see the top 3 listed hits, 2 have since been removed from amazon and the remaining one is a barrel-rail.

Take the "battery assist device", its now a banned category according to amazons prohibited weapons list. You can't buy the B.A.D lever anymore, but you can still buy the same thing from Troy. They'll eventually get to the Troy assist device, but since its still there now.."all is fine, see" =)

"Assault weapon grips and foregrips" (??) are also a banned category. They removed the MOE foregrips, and other AK foregrips this month..but go ahead and look them up in general, you'll find lots. They don't suddenly wipe out entire categories, they just whittle it down one at a time until the job is done. Go look for a MIAD or Hogue hand grip, they are gone as well now because they are for "assault weapons".

Here's the message that came with the removal of the MOE foregrips from Amazon.

"Amazon's MOE grip for sale - 4th listing $21.88

Hello from Amazon.

We are writing to let you know that the detail pages listed at the end of this message have been removed from our catalog.

We took this action because Amazon prohibits the sale and listing of assault weapon grips and foregrips, quad rails, battery assist levers, etc. on Amazon."

Here's the prohibited weapons list for any that are interested. Amazon.com Help: Weapons

*End rant* =)

Well, no more Amazon for me.
I see what you are saying.
No geissle triggers either.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews