Am I the only one here who owns a VSKA?

TTSX

Reactions
Been a bunch of new members coming out of the gates swinging for the fences with condescension. Had one PM me this morning because he didn't like the price for an item he was looking for, of which I found and posted a link. There are better ways to make friends in the internet and my ignore list gets longer by the day.

Last edited:

titsonritz

Reactions
Only non AK guys own or keep VSKAs. It’s no big deal, some people just are not knowledgeable on AKs. Deerhurst was just trying to help.

You can still find a WASR UNDER $1000. I don’t trust century built rifles. Imports yes. Century built no..
I agree with this assessment on all counts.

titsonritz

Reactions
Been a bunch of new members coming out of the gates swinging for the fences with condescension. Had one PM me this morning because he didn't like the price for an item he was looking for, of which I found and posted a link. There are better ways to make friends in the internet and my ignore list gets longer by the day.
Not sure who is the new member in this thread? :s0092:

OP
OldTengu

OldTengu

Reactions
Only non AK guys own or keep VSKAs. It’s no big deal, some people just are not knowledgeable on AKs. Deerhurst was just trying to help.

You can still find a WASR UNDER $1000. I don’t trust century built rifles. Imports yes. Century built no..
In retrospect, I know he was trying to help.
He did come off as condescending in his first post, which was probably mostly my perception, as I have been in a crappy overall mood the last couple weeks. @Deerhurst I do apologize for acting like a dick.
I have known about their rep since shortly after I bought the one I am keeping (‘cause f*** it, why not?) which, has had zero issues, and, not generally being an AK guy (which, along with reloading and building pistols, I have picked a poor time to begin a real interest in), I trusted what I had read on the internet and had gathered from the majority of reviews, and bought a second one (which has sold to a member here, who also knows their rep and only after testing it out and checking headspace) mainly because I wanted a second AK, and trusted that, due to reviews and my previous experience, this was an ok choice. NOW - I have my eye on other rifles I am trying to get, I would settle for a WASR (cannot find one either in this state or online, not really looking to drive 5 hours round trip to get one) but I am getting ready to make an offer on a WBP Fox, which is why I’m selling a couple of my firearms now.
Anyhow, I’m a cranky butthole sometimes. You guys are too, I seent it. Apologies and crow eaten.

Reactions
I always recommend people get imports when they can. But people get what they get, no point in condemning them for it.

Granted I'll make the mistake of forgetting not to, but even so. If they aren't an AK guy, they won't be shooting it enough for it to matter.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    Great work threading Tikka barrel
    I dropped off my Tikka to have Tim thread the stainless barrel. GREAT work. Excellent communications. Highly recommend Tim. Very good value for...
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Helpful and Handy
    I have shopped, transferred, bought, browsed, or merely stopped in for a friendly hello or two, and every time without fail I left feeling better...
    • 10mm
  • Sound Loan and Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Definitely recommended
    friendly people, great prices on guns ammo tools, jewelry, other pawn shop stuff, always been easy to deal with
Top Bottom