JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Been a bunch of new members coming out of the gates swinging for the fences with condescension. Had one PM me this morning because he didn't like the price for an item he was looking for, of which I found and posted a link. There are better ways to make friends in the internet and my ignore list gets longer by the day.

Last Edited:
Been a bunch of new members coming out of the gates swinging for the fences with condescension. Had one PM me this morning because he didn't like the price for an item he was looking for, of which I found and posted a link. There are better ways to make friends in the internet and my ignore list gets longer by the day.

Not sure who is the new member in this thread? :s0092:

Only non AK guys own or keep VSKAs. It's no big deal, some people just are not knowledgeable on AKs. Deerhurst was just trying to help.

You can still find a WASR UNDER $1000. I don't trust century built rifles. Imports yes. Century built no..
In retrospect, I know he was trying to help.
He did come off as condescending in his first post, which was probably mostly my perception, as I have been in a crappy overall mood the last couple weeks. @Deerhurst I do apologize for acting like a dick.
I have known about their rep since shortly after I bought the one I am keeping ('cause f*** it, why not?) which, has had zero issues, and, not generally being an AK guy (which, along with reloading and building pistols, I have picked a poor time to begin a real interest in), I trusted what I had read on the internet and had gathered from the majority of reviews, and bought a second one (which has sold to a member here, who also knows their rep and only after testing it out and checking headspace) mainly because I wanted a second AK, and trusted that, due to reviews and my previous experience, this was an ok choice. NOW - I have my eye on other rifles I am trying to get, I would settle for a WASR (cannot find one either in this state or online, not really looking to drive 5 hours round trip to get one) but I am getting ready to make an offer on a WBP Fox, which is why I'm selling a couple of my firearms now.
Anyhow, I'm a cranky butthole sometimes. You guys are too, I seent it. Apologies and crow eaten.

I always recommend people get imports when they can. But people get what they get, no point in condemning them for it.

Granted I'll make the mistake of forgetting not to, but even so. If they aren't an AK guy, they won't be shooting it enough for it to matter.

Just got one last week with a beautiful flamed maple buttstock. Fired maybe 5 full mags through it already. Have a front sight tool inbound to do a proper zero on it. So far I like the "AK" platform. Its so simple. Not a bad gun to fire either. Looking forward to many more fun plinking days with it.

I am curious as to what is a "top shelf" AK. It seems the bottom barrel romanian AKs take the most abuse.
Romanians were bottom of the barrel, when all AKs were imported. That is, until Pioneer Arms entered the picture and then the Romanians were no longer bottom of the barrel. Then the U.S made AKs came along, and now Romy is further away from bottom.

images.jpeg-11.jpg

The only AK's worth buying right now are the Zastava ZPAPM70 or the SAM7SF, with the SAM being quite a bit nicer than the Zastava (owned both). I handled a VSKA yesterday out of curiosity, and was pretty shocked by how crooked everything was and how cheap it felt. Not to mention the kabooms. Spend a few hundred more and get something that will be sought after in the future, not mocked. And yes, my PSA 103 "Klone" was fine but the only mags that would fit are Pmags... dealbreaker.

Or, pick up a CMMG if you can't seem to stop eyeballing those cheap AK's. The AK is much more labor intensive to produce than an AR style rifle, and when you handle a good one you won't go back.

I'm late to this thread.

OP - Hopefully you've sold both of those VSKAs by now :) If you absolutely must own a US AK, grab a PSA Gen4/5, or a KUSA 103 👍

The only AK's worth buying right now are the Zastava ZPAPM70 or the SAM7SF, with the SAM being quite a bit nicer than the Zastava (owned both). I handled a VSKA yesterday out of curiosity, and was pretty shocked by how crooked everything was and how cheap it felt. Not to mention the kabooms. Spend a few hundred more and get something that will be sought after in the future, not mocked. And yes, my PSA 103 "Klone" was fine but the only mags that would fit are Pmags... dealbreaker.

Or, pick up a CMMG if you can't seem to stop eyeballing those cheap AK's. The AK is much more labor intensive to produce than an AR style rifle, and when you handle a good one you won't go back.
WBP makes an excellent rifle as well, and in the price ballpark of the M70. But yeah, if anyone has the dough, the SAM7-SF is an absolute tank and great rifle.

WBP makes an excellent rifle as well, and in the price ballpark of the M70. But yeah, if anyone has the dough, the SAM7-SF is an absolute tank and great rifle.
Ah I forgot about the WBP Fox. I've heard they're great but I could never get my wallet out fast enough before they sold out. Also the Gen2 Galil ACE is coming, it's more of an AK/AR hybrid now so that would appeal to all the AR guys taking over the AK platform due to ammo costs, 7.62 being much cheaper these days.

Although I've heard an AR fella say the AK kicks too much... 😳

Between $1500 and 2 grand.
What's the best way to go? Buy from Atlantic and wait for backordered imports? Go with the arsenal on secondary market and just pay up?
Krebs,rifle dynamics, one off built by "guru"?

I'd like to believe that a flat G will buy a nice AK , but I reckon that ship has sailed

Ah I forgot about the WBP Fox. I've heard they're great but I could never get my wallet out fast enough before they sold out. Also the Gen2 Galil ACE is coming, it's more of an AK/AR hybrid now so that would appeal to all the AR guys taking over the AK platform due to ammo costs, 7.62 being much cheaper these days.

Although I've heard an AR fella say the AK kicks too much... 😳
Yeah they're hot items and sell out quickly. I'm eagerly awaiting the FB Radom Beryls to get back in stock.

Then Gen 2 Aces look, cool. I dig the OG stocks so I'm sticking with mine. That 13" option would be interesting though.
1620319831444.png

Haha too much kick from an AK? Was he shooting a 12" barreled 45r AK or something? :D

Yeah they're hot items and sell out quickly. I'm eagerly awaiting the FB Radom Beryls to get back in stock.

Then Gen 2 Aces look, cool. I dig the OG stocks so I'm sticking with mine. That 13" option would be interesting though.
View attachment 878042

Haha too much kick from an AK? Was he shooting a 12" barreled 45r AK or something? :D
To be fair I've had a few cheap AK's that slapped my cheek bone a bit, but my SAM doesn't even with the folding metal stock. Hehe. Also, I will give you my finest ox and goat for that OG Galil.

Between $1500 and 2 grand.
What's the best way to go? Buy from Atlantic and wait for backordered imports? Go with the arsenal on secondary market and just pay up?
Krebs,rifle dynamics, one off built by "guru"?

I'd like to believe that a flat G will buy a nice AK , but I reckon that ship has sailed
At this point just go Gucci with the SAM7SF-84E. It's a $1500 rifle being sold for $1850, but it will continue to gain value especially when they dry up and we see them going for 3k on Gunjoker. I've had the best luck with Bulgarian commercial polymer mags with steel reinforcement, and Pmags work well too.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top