JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It's a FREE forum/classifieds and you're going to complain….. first world problems.

Only because (I suspect) you sniped me a membership (although I've pumped HUNDREDS into the site in the past) and was all set to "retire" from here, but then again I don't complain except for when my posts get summarily deleted or "edited"…. but that's just me.
Glad I'm not the only one haha.

I frequently go through old ads and report ones that appear abandoned. The mods usually respond pretty quickly. If others did this more often, it would help get things cleaned up. New classifieds are coming so I doubt Joe wants to invest much time tweaking the current system.
Last week or so ago I went thru old "Great Deals" ads I posted and closed the ones that had expired. I always try to close my personal ads as soon as they are resolved.

Seems like I've read people post here before that sometimes they will go way back in the ads, contact a would-be seller, and find a great bargain. On something that has gone way stale but it still available. So I guess there is potential commerce in the rubble of old ads.

One of the main benefits of the new classifieds system (coming soon) is that ads auto-expire after a period of time :s0155:

I've been guilty of forgetting my classifieds before. Posted, ghosted, and didn't remember until someone contacted me like 4 or 5 months later. I completely forgot I had the ad up, but I still had what they were looking for. He made an offer, we made the sale, I came back and closed it.
To be honest, when I first came around I was completely unfamiliar with how this forum was laid out and didn't understand how the classified section works. I assumed the ads had a set expiration date. I was caught off guard when the buyer contacted me, like holy bubblegum, that ad still exists? Now I know, but most new members probably think the same thing.

One of the main benefits of the new classifieds system (coming soon) is that ads auto-expire after a period of time :s0155:
Will there be a " time's up" signal??

4gddmh.jpg

. . . . I assumed the ads had a set expiration date. . . . Now I know, but most new members probably think the same thing.
I agree that it is possible, but hardly probable. It seems really tough get around the huge panel that appears for any attempt to post a FS ad.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

"Make sure you have read our classified rules and follow these guidelines when submitting an ad. Failure to follow these rules will result in suspension of classified section privileges.
  • Do not remove information from your ads (descriptions, photos, price, etc), even if the ad is no longer active.
  • Posting separate ads for each item will make them easier for people to find.
  • Double check to ensure you're posting in the correct category. Wanted ads should go in the wanted sections.
  • Remember to lock your ad once it is done."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

I think their should be a limit on number of open ads per member, say 3-5 per catagory, it would encourage people to close old ads, and take care of these clowns that make an individual ad for EVERY. SINGLE. tiny piece they have for sale, that literally take up a whole first page when they do their weekly bump.

An auto close after a couple weeks of no activity would be nice too.
You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch
You really are a heel
You're as cuddly as a cactus
You're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grrrinch
You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel...

The Grinch Cartoon GIF by The Good Films

Reaction GIF

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews