JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
QUOTE="DuneHopper, post: 1327689, member: 39841"]Oh ya I remember that place used to go there as a Kid, that and Santa Village in the Santa Cruz Mountains wayyyyyy back then. I loved that valley back when there was and orchard on every street. I looked on a map where I used to live in Santa Clara are on the edge of the county. The house is now surrounded by over 1 million people the county is now almost 25 miles away from where it once was.[/QUOTE]

Ever take Hecker Pass or Pacheco Pass?

I would take those routes from the central valley in my 72 Ford Maveric; will never forget being in Santa Cruz on a Saturday night, watching the hot rods, the girls, and the crusers.

QUOTE="DuneHopper, post: 1327689, member: 39841"]Oh ya I remember that place used to go there as a Kid, that and Santa Village in the Santa Cruz Mountains wayyyyyy back then. I loved that valley back when there was and orchard on every street. I looked on a map where I used to live in Santa Clara are on the edge of the county. The house is now surrounded by over 1 million people the county is now almost 25 miles away from where it once was.

Ever take Hecker Pass or Pacheco Pass?

I would take those routes from the central valley in my 72 Ford Maveric; will never forget being in Santa Cruz on a Saturday night, watching the hot rods, the girls, and the crusers.[/QUOTE]

LOL yep ......... took me a minute but wow that was along time ago I knew that whole area real well. I drove a truck for awhile from Monterrey to Chico and everything in between Pacheco was a regular one for us and sometimes take the back way through Stevens Creek and come out the back kinda near half moon bay and then go down from there. We crused allot on Elcamino and even ventured to Story and King which was touchy for us white boys :) Funny back then it was all about riving and what you drove. I had a Chrysler 300 that was fast, and a 64 Impala with a fixed up Corvette motor . We had other stuff Camaro's and stangs but those two were my favorites for high speed romping LOL. Id probably get lost now days and Steven Creek is now like a giant flooded lake. Flash back for sure.

I was born in Santa Cruz 1967. Moved out at four. But returned often to visit Grandma and Gramps.

I went back last year for a visit with the wife. Still beautiful in many ways. And I like the weather.
But the bums are crazy bad! They will steel any part they can remove from a bike.
Really! They walk around with hand tools!o_O

I tell Ya. If God was to give the world an enema.
He'd stick it into California! :s0066:

I was born in Santa Cruz 1967. Moved out at four. But returned often to visit Grandma and Gramps.
I went back last year for a visit with the wife. Still beautiful in many ways. And I like the weather.
But the bums are crazy bad! They will steel any part they can remove from a bike.
Really! They walk around with hand tools!o_O
I tell Ya. If God was to give the world an enema.
He'd stick it into California! :s0066:

Have not been to Santa Cruz in about 25 years now. I also bypass California anytime I go anywhere its been 12 years since I was in that state. It used to be a great place now its just a toilet of bad decisions, and anti everything.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top