JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Am I just getting old, :s0009:or does everything seem wrong ? So much has changed in the last 25
years at lightening speed and it doesn't seem normal. :s0076:What happened to the old T.V. shows that had family values and entertainment. Comedies, history, nature, Westerns, or Documentaries. :s0153:Is it the generation gap or is it really all just S!#T anymore, :s0098:do younger folks like this day and age ? Seems like so many younger people are just dazed and confused with the information highway.:s0156: I don't know , Rant over. :s0092: :s0137:

That's funny. I was just watching The Waltons.
I Loved it. The morals in that show are like a breath of fresh air.
During the show I thought how lame younger folks would think it was.:(

I was born in 1967 so I guess I'm old?

I'm older than 45alive and medic, but not as old as Sgt and I wonder the same things. I'm not too much of a TV watcher, but find myself watching the old reruns more than the new stuff. A while back my wife was watching a lot of the Waltons and I caught some of it, too. Our country would be far better off if people focused on the really important things and worried a lot less about what the next Iphone is gonna be...
My brother in law commented this morning that while he was having coffee reading a book, of the 24 other people there, two were engaged in conversation, one was reading and the rest were on their cel phones.
This is the generation of zombies.

I'm older than 45alive and medic, but not as old as Sgt and I wonder the same things. I'm not too much of a TV watcher, but find myself watching the old reruns more than the new stuff. A while back my wife was watching a lot of the Waltons and I caught some of it, too. Our country would be far better off if people focused on the really important things and worried a lot less about what the next Iphone is gonna be...
My brother in law commented this morning that while he was having coffee reading a book, of the 24 other people there, two were engaged in conversation, one was reading and the rest were on their cel phones.
This is the generation of zombies.

I see it all the time, the younger generation is hooked on their phones like a junkie on heroin, my two adult kids too.
And if this is America's future we are so screwed!!!!!!

Last Edited:
Yeah you got that right Orygun. (Zombies) I'm amazed when the wife and I go to a restaurant and look over at other tables of four or more people sitting and over half are looking at their phone. No one in gauges in conversations it seems like.

I'm not sure if this generation likes their time or not. One thing for sure is they don't like me!!! Their going to have it rough when all the older people are gone and they have to pick up the pieces.

My call name says what year I was born. The wife and I love old westerns. The ones before even my time. I do try not to watch too much TV, but sometimes laying around doing nothing feels good.

HotRod

That's funny. I was just watching The Waltons.
I Loved it. The morals in that show are like a breath of fresh air.
During the show I thought how lame younger folks would think it was.:(

I was born in 1967 so I guess I'm old?

1967..... you are just a kid...

Am I just getting old, :s0009:or does everything seem wrong ? So much has changed in the last 25
years at lightening speed and it doesn't seem normal. :s0076:What happened to the old T.V. shows that had family values and entertainment. Comedies, history, nature, Westerns, or Documentaries. :s0153:Is it the generation gap or is it really all just S!#T anymore, :s0098:do younger folks like this day and age ? Seems like so many younger people are just dazed and confused with the information highway.:s0156: I don't know , Rant over. :s0092: :s0137:

You have got to get the hire number of Chanels on your Cable plan. junk like the home shopping network is on the cheap cable plan

Born in '54....
We haven't become old, we've just gained the perspective of experience.
A perspective that is much wider than can be passively pulled through a 5" screen
...with your thumbs.
zombie-texters.jpg

When I was born it seemed at the cusp of civilization at least a tad over a decade earlier WW2 ended and the world still had values. Even in 62 when I was born life was good and innocence still existed in childhood. You learned not just the value of life, but that of others as well.
It was a time not of what can you do for me, it was what can we as a people do to better ourselves. By the time I graduated high school life was very different then it was as a kid.
As a young adult drive-ins began closing, people stopped cruising and large family gatherings I knew in my youth began dwindling. What I noticed even as a kid, GOD had become a bad word and was on the rise that even being religious was looked at with cult intentions. Fast forward 53 years later after birth and I can barely recognize people let alone the life that is now here. I owned a couple business and allot was done on a handshake, now I need a contract and practically finger prints. I have been screwed out of money more in the last 10 years more then all 53 combined . People are not what they were, people do not have the heart that us as humans need to be descent people. Today I see rude, self entitled people, and having an opinion now days means I am racist , a bigot or terrorist. Speaking my mind now days practically means I need a permit to speak, I am sure that is next once guns are off the chopping block. Hate to be a downer. But this is not my parents America, when I speak with my mom in her late 70's now then I truly can hear and know how far we as a people have fallen in one life time. I only wish my mom did not have to see what her and others like her worked so hard to see destroyed.:(

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact that the average digital watch, has more compute power than the computers on board the first space shuttle launch should put it into perspective. The world wide web, (or the interclouds, as I call them) have an un-ending stream of information is mind boggling. While I may not be quite as old as our other respected members here (I am 58) I embrace new technology. I can't spell it, but I can embrace it.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top