JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well, now I know I am not the only old F&RT !:s0009: Oregonhunter 5, your just a lil :s0050:squirt, LOL! I hate to admit it, but one of those songs by Katy and Taylor are catchy tunes, :s0056:and they both could eat crackers in my bed anytime.:s0162: Shoot, I hope my Wife don't see this ! :s0049: :s0081: :s0116:

Am I just getting old, :s0009:or does everything seem wrong ? So much has changed in the last 25
years at lightening speed and it doesn't seem normal. :s0076:What happened to the old T.V. shows that had family values and entertainment. Comedies, history, nature, Westerns, or Documentaries. :s0153:Is it the generation gap or is it really all just S!#T anymore, :s0098:do younger folks like this day and age ? Seems like so many younger people are just dazed and confused with the information highway.:s0156: I don't know , Rant over. :s0092: :s0137:

We are not the only ones getting long in the tooth.

<broken link removed>

46yo here. Not quite an old fart, but climbing the ladder to that esteemed position :rolleyes:

As a member of GenX, I don't think I ever quite fit the mold of my own generation. I was pretty much born conservative, to a family heavily populated with progressive liberals. I know my views probably drive them nuts, as much as theirs drive me nuts. But we all get along, even though they're wrong ;)

What gets me about the current mix of folks is the seemingly never-ending need to be angry about something. Like the lion in Africa. They need a 'cause' that they can be the first to tweet about. It seems they're not happy unless they're angry about something - anything, they can hashtag about. Funny thing about it is how short their attention spans are. I wonder how many today are still worried about that lion, or any lion for that matter?

If only their attention spans were short enough to keep them from voting :(

One of my old jobs, the owner of the Co.:s0145: would blast Paul Harvey on the speakers he had around the shop. That was a good lil segment in Radio history,:s0155: and some of the ''Off the Wall'' stuff Paul Harvey had on his show was some funny stuff !:s0060: :s0070:

Yep grew up listening too him every day on the radio.

Yep grew up listening too him every day on the radio.
I was on interstate route between Cal and Oregon many years ago, Paul Harvey made the drive fun
and enjoyable. There are a host of long gone awesome DJ and Commentators. I was lucking when younger to meet Wolf Man and Doctor Don Rose.

As an apprentice electrician, I worked with an old hand JW that loved to switch on Paul Harvey at every lunch break. I got to know PH because of that job. When it was over, I continued to listen to him myself. I only got to listen for a few years before he went off the air for all but his brief morning commentaries. What a guy. I loved his stuff. He was a great American.

I was on interstate route between Cal and Oregon many years ago, Paul Harvey made the drive fun
and enjoyable. There are a host of long gone awesome DJ and Commentators. I was lucking when younger to meet Wolf Man and Doctor Don Rose.

I can't believe you also met "Dr Don Rose". Now I feel old too o_O
I met him at "Frontier Village" in San Jose, CA in 1976

I can't believe you also met "Dr Don Rose". Now I feel old too o_O
I met him at "Frontier Village" in San Jose, CA in 1976

Oh ya I remember that place used to go there as a Kid, that and Santa Village in the Santa Cruz Mountains wayyyyyy back then. I loved that valley back when there was and orchard on every street. I looked on a map where I used to live in Santa Clara are on the edge of the county. The house is now surrounded by over 1 million people the county is now almost 25 miles away from where it once was.

Born in '54....
We haven't become old, we've just gained the perspective of experience.
A perspective that is much wider than can be passively pulled through a 5" screen
...with your thumbs.
View attachment 255860
I really hate to break it to you- It has taken many years of sometimes painful experience to get here, but old we are. Embrace your stature. Become one with the walker (it can double as a shooting bench with the proper modifications).

As an apprentice electrician, I worked with an old hand JW that loved to switch on Paul Harvey at every lunch break. I got to know PH because of that job. When it was over, I continued to listen to him myself. I only got to listen for a few years before he went off the air for all but his brief morning commentaries. What a guy. I loved his stuff. He was a great American.

I was a Printer's Devil throughout my high school years (late 70s) where the older employees in the shop listened to music from the big bands and Paul Harvey.

THEY were the people telling me to get into the military or into something...that would provide benefits and a pension....

THEY were right, and so was Paul Harvey, now you know...
the rest of the story......Good Day.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads