JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
There is usually a guy at the ARPC gun shows with an entire booth set up FULL or vintage Irons, including some of the rarest European sights you'll likely ever see, well worth a look!

I bought a Belgian FN Browning at the last show I went to, same kinda deal, the irons had been removed and the scope and mounts were of questionable quality, but just a few isles away was Iron Sight Man, and within 15 min I had the correct Irons to refit that rifle, and boy is she a sweetheart now!

.30-06?? Check!!
Bolt action?? Check!!
Open sights?? Check!!
24" barrel?? Check!!
What you seek is an '03 Springfield!! Been around for a hundred-and-twenty years. Made millions of them. Lots to pick from. Come to the OAC gun show Sunday and probably have a dozen choices.
This is the OP's answer right here ^^^
He just may not know it yet.
And then rub shoulders with the Service Rifle community.
done and done

There is usually a guy at the ARPC gun shows with an entire booth set up FULL or vintage Irons, including some of the rarest European sights you'll likely ever see, well worth a look!

I bought a Belgian FN Browning at the last show I went to, same kinda deal, the irons had been removed and the scope and mounts were of questionable quality, but just a few isles away was Iron Sight Man, and within 15 min I had the correct Irons to refit that rifle, and boy is she a sweetheart now!
1687565587939.png

I have a Winchester M70 (1977) in .375 H&H (The story behind that is for another time) that is equipped with a Williams rear open sight, hooded front sight, and Leupold quick detach rings. If the scope gets buggered on a hunt, I can pop it off and use the open sights. I had it put together for Moose in Alaska.

My old '06 was drilled and tapped for a receiver sight, and when I was a youngster, the scope on it went south. I put a Lyman 56 receiver sight on, and hunted with it that way for better than 20 years. I just had Tim Copeland put a rifle together for me, and I thought long and hard about doing irons on it, then finally decided not to. My eyes aren't what they used to be. If you're looking for someone to set up irons of some sort for you, Copeland is your man.

IF.....the priority and emphasis is on CHEAP, 30/06 bolt action rifles w/irons sights.

If I may suggest.....
Try looking though the local Pawn Shops.
Over the years, I've found plenty of "Bubba Mausers" that could fit the bill.

Aloha, Mark

PS........
The one on the right has the irons.
IMG-0145.jpg

I assume I'm in a distinct minority on this. Specifically, I would like a 30/06 with a 24" barrel and open sights.

What do you guys think about utilizing a gunsmith for installation of open sights?

Who in Vancouver would you recommend to minimize a misaligned or canted sight installation?

Thanks.
I was raised on venison that was harvested with a used 1948 Steven's bolt action with open sights, used to pack it up Yacolt mountain for my father after he got home from hanging sheetrock all day.

Now it's thousand-dollar rifles with eight-hundred-dollar scopes.
And $1,000 per month diesel trucks
Merica I guess.

I was raised on venison that was harvested with a used 1948 Steven's bolt action with open sights, used to pack it up Yacolt mountain for my father after he got home from hanging sheetrock all day.

Now it's thousand-dollar rifles with eight-hundred-dollar scopes.
And $1,000 per month diesel trucks
Merica I guess.
Hey now, I can't afford a $1000/month payment on my new F350, so I paid cash for it.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top