JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Not to worry....The Germans would never even think of invading.Not after the thrashing they got in WW1 (and WW2).Aloha, Mark
Parabellum = if you want peace, prepare for war

Why should I worry about the Germans invading? You working up to another Brit-bash here, Mr ma96782?

Not nice, so please go try jerking somebody else's chain.

Last Edited:
When I bought my Airweight I knew I didn't want a 357 so mine's a 38 Special. I find the 125gr Speer Gold Dots to be just right for that gun. The 357's I shoot in the GP-100. It likes 180gr bullets with a full charge of W-296. I was looking for a used Redhawk but at the time they were fetching a premium so for not much more I got a S&W 629. If I'm brush hunting or think I might be in an area where something big might be mad at me I keep it stoked with 300gr bullets.

Let's see them snubbies.
Only one currently in my posession, bought from a member here (thanks, buddy :s0162:)
20200530_203138.jpg
1959 Model 10 Square Butt. Grips are from Altamont... l think the basketweave pattern adds a little Mickey Spillane vibe. All l need now are a shoulder rig and a fedora.

S&W Model 686, called the 'Trophy' here in UK, in .357mag. Same deal as the Ruger Redhawk that didn't escape, but I kept this one, along with a couple of Lugers and a Walther PP in 9mmK. I used to shoot between three to five hundred rounds a week with this revolver - had a Wilson trick trigger job made it slicker'n'greased weasel snot. Only had it for three years before the Great Betrayal. Now it's happening with the MARS and lever-release rifles and carbines, not a single one of which has EVER been used in a criminal fashion. At around $5000 for the .308 version and $3500 for a 9mm, this is going to cost the tax payer some serious ££££££££££££.

Same deal as the Ruger Redhawk that didn't escape, but I kept this one, along with a couple of Lugers and a Walther PP in 9mmK.

1607704171269.png

Why should I worry about the Germans invading? You working up to another Brit-bash here, Mr ma96782?

Not nice, so please go try jerking somebody else's chain.

Just pointing out the obvious (w/ sarcasm, Post #20).

BUT THEN.....
I thought that you Brits had a sense of humor?

OK, Ok, ok.....maybe my post was more "Sarcasm". All be it.....bad sarcasm?:eek:

Aloha, Mark

tac,

This is NOT a personal attack.

So then, well....
I lived most of my life on an island. Specifically, on Oahu, about a couple of miles from Pearl Harbor, Wheeler Air Field and Schofield Bbks. All of which were attacked on Dec 7th 1941 (as were other targets).

Even though.....I had not been born, yet. My father and mother were alive and contributed to the war effort. As did other members of my family.

Anyway, in my mind, the history of the attack and it's lessons still lives. Unfortunately.....some politicians and others have chosen to forget those lessons of history.

Rrrrrright....In today's world (and around the world).....
SOME don't see the loss of gun rights and the real possibility of being a subject of ____fill in the blank_____ as something to get upset over. It seems that SOME only wish that others do their fighting and dying for them. (NOT a comment on those brave men and women who fought).

Surprise.....but it's my opinion that.....

AMERICA is not suppose to be the WORLD's COP.

Thus....
Parabellum = if you want peace, prepare for war

Aloha, Mark

So you have your viewpoint, and I have mine. This belittling of the British gets very tiresome, so let's end it there and not mention it again.
Tac please continue to share your wisdom and thoughts as I view your information as a bit of valuable first person history that I would not otherwise be aware of. I feel others may also be enlightened. Best Regards. JB

Last Edited:
Tac,

IMHO.....
You're off about what (or how) I am thinking.

So then.....bottom line.....

"Is it/was it a wise move to forget that experience and take guns away from the civilian population?"

If you agree that it was a "wise move".

"Well.....there you are."

Aloha, Mark

PS..... It wasn't only the Brits. There were many other Nations (and people) who fought (speaking of around the world). And, if you wish to discount the armed citizen......you do so at your own peril.

Last Edited:
Tac,

IMHO.....
You're off about what (or how) I am thinking.

So then.....bottom line.....

"Is it/was it a wise move to forget that experience and take guns away from the civilian population?"

If you agree that it was a "wise move".

"Well.....there you are."

Aloha, Mark

PS..... It wasn't only the Brits. There were many other Nations (and people) who fought (speaking of around the world). And, if you wish to discount the armed citizen......you do so at your own peril.

1607778207606.png

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top