JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As ridiculous:s0131: as it sounds this is no joke.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/

:s0131:

Then when a potential criminal purchases a box of 9mm cartridges

This quote on their homepage pisses me off :angry:

Instead of being a "law abiding citizen", we are all "potential criminals".....

It is really funny that the site links to this article... and if you go into the comments section there is not ONE SINGLE supporter of this proposal!

Actually, the ammo coding outfit's plan to get free press backfired when they linked to their free advert/article. Being somewhat familiar with the Seattle Weak-ly and its readership, I was totally surprised by the quality and tone of the comments..... and their feisty opposition to this scam. Definitely not normal for the SW. It was particularly heartening to note the origins of each commenter, as well.... all over the country, and from many walks of life. Again, definitely NOT the norm for the SW. What I found VERY encouraging is that the response was unanimous in opposition to this insane scheme. Again, not normal for the SW's readership. (you should see the ballyhoo raised in FAVOUR of Mayor Chump Change's illegal gun ban..... for an idea). Perhaps there is some hope this company will be forced back into selling bank-repoed houses in a dead real estate market, their ammo debacle having failed and the rent being due.

Actually, the ammo coding outfit's plan to get free press backfired when they linked to their free advert/article. Being somewhat familiar with the Seattle Weak-ly and its readership, I was totally surprised by the quality and tone of the comments..... and their feisty opposition to this scam. Definitely not normal for the SW. It was particularly heartening to note the origins of each commenter, as well.... all over the country, and from many walks of life. Again, definitely NOT the norm for the SW. What I found VERY encouraging is that the response was unanimous in opposition to this insane scheme. Again, not normal for the SW's readership. (you should see the ballyhoo raised in FAVOUR of Mayor Chump Change's illegal gun ban..... for an idea). Perhaps there is some hope this company will be forced back into selling bank-repoed houses in a dead real estate market, their ammo debacle having failed and the rent being due.

The guys who invented this live over near Bellevue and basically plan to charge an arm and a leg since the have the patent. They use the lobbying as a tried and true method. Lots of companies do this to enforce policies that benefit the company.

Funny thing is, a friend of mine who is a detective with a Sheriff's department states MOST shootings are solved by finding brass the perps failed to police, then lifting fingerprints from the spent casings. In nearly every instance, the dummies forgot to put gloves on when stocking the magazines. Their prints are on every casing. And since most areas have a rather speedy revolving door on their jails, and those institutions do little to nothing to prepare their residents for life "outside" once too speedily released, all they need to do is digitise the lifted prints and in nearly every instance the perps are right there in the local database of prints. Round them up, somehow find the handgun used (search warrants can be VERY specific in these instances.... often naming the brand and model of handgun), then run the ballistics testing that will prove in court THAT gun fired THAT slug. Probably a lot more accurate than a coding system with database accompanying it (how many billions of rounds are produced/sold annually? Track ALL of those in a database? The IRS, by comparison, would be playing in the sandbox).

AND, suppose I bought a box of ammo, never handled any of it myself, it gets stolen and used in a crime... WHOSE prints will be on those shell casings? And who's registered numbers? Who SHOULD be implicated, and who NOT?

Part of capitalism is to do your research BEFORE investing in the R&D part of an idea. Now they've dumped a quarter mil into a bit of technology not needed, even dangerous. And so they turn to corrupt unthinking kneejerk government wimps to force their "great idea" on the unsuspecting population. At great expense. Thanks, lads....... Now be good boys, lay it down, take your lumps, and do it right next time round.

Just my .05 worth! Concidering the amount of ammo and componets sold in this country each year,if they could laser print a number on each item[.22 to .50+] they had better buy a bunch of "VERY HIGH" powered microscopes to read the "VERY SMALL" number.Just think about it,Will you get a prize for buying the 1,000,000,000 .22 round produced in 2010? Where will they put that number? So much for politics,time for a "BUD" GK:s0112::s0114:
M1A1's-R-FUNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

This idea has been shot down by numerous people. It simply won't happen. I'd like them to laser engrave every last pellet in my #8 birdshot. This idea wasn't even Obamas idea yet you are so quick to blame him instead of going after the large groups that wish to take away our guns. There are bigger threats to our way of life out there.

-----time for a "BUD"--------
...... you mean, someone actually DRINKS that stuff? I thought it was just for the adverts on the telly......

----This idea wasn't even Obamas idea yet you are so quick to blame him instead of going after the large groups that wish to take away our guns.------

I don't recall this being Obama's idea... it came from three dudes in Bellevue, I think it was, who came up with the idea. By the way, if you look into the North American Arms Control Treaty, discussed at the OAS meeting in Trinidad a week or three back (right after BHO left the delightful company of Señor Calderón, el Jefe de Méjico) you will read that one of the items in that treaty, which Our Prez wants to sign us onto as a nation, is precisely this sort of thing: along with an "assault weapon ban", national gun ownership registry, limits on magazine capacity (ten rounds max), no-warrant inspection of provate residences to verify accuracy of registry records, limits on firearms purchases (one handgun per month), the final item is.... drumroll, please..... yes, the envelope... thank you..... CODING OF ALL AMMUNITION.

Yes, I've read the salient points of this proposed treaty. He stated he plans to authorise it by Executive Order, which means a simple majority of the Senate only will be required to ratify it, thus surrendering the sovereignty of the United States of America to foreign governments in the implementation of this treaty.

So, don't try and tell me Obama iis not behind precisely this sort of thing. He knows he can't pull off registration or confiscation by direct action through Congress..... he is well aware of the FBI counts on weapons transfer background checks since his election. But he has not backed down for one New York Nanosecond on his campaign pledges to disarm America. Knowing he can't do it by frontal assault, he'll try some end-run round the trench, flanking us, then closing the door when he thinks no one will be the wiser. I wonder what he things will happen if he pulls off something like this, though..... I can't believe he'd be naif enough to think he'll get clean away with it. I think he's got more street smarts than to think that.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top