JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Sooo I'v heard that Obama has Submitted a bill to congress that Says All ammo must have a serial Number on it... and then Registered to the person buying it... Or Something along those lines..> This would mean that all the ammo would go up in price because the Manufactors have to purchase The stamping machines to do the serial numbers... Now is somone Just making stuff up? Or is this True? and this would all Happen at the end of June if it passes?

Also thought this was quite amusing...

banguns.jpg

They have been talking about this kind of junk for a while now. I don't think there is any way they could effectively do it, since it would cost a fortune to implement the required technology and retooling. If I were you, I would buy a lifetime supply of ammo now to be on the safe side.............. :s0155:

I think that before we get to this point that we will see congress pass a Tax stamp on Semi-Autos - Like what they did 75 years ago with full autos - then the $200 Tax stamp = 5 months pay-

If they did it today I bet it would be an Annual tax - if they got 60% compliance at $500 a pop for every Semi-auto Hand Gun and Rifle - They could add a ton of Gov't Job's mainly BATf & E agents - they would get a defaco - non- registration - registration in place. For those familiar with states that have an Ad Valorem tax on Vehicles - it gets spendy to own several vehicles .

This would bring in a Ton of cash - it would be completely legal - and because it is a TAX issue - it could be passed simply the congress alone ( just like the Full Auto tax stamp did in 1934.)

It would be a Fingerprint or (trust style deal) and they would get their money on every little transfer.

The US SC (Supreme court - couldn't touch it - Last summers Heller vs DC wouldn't even matter - they have 75 years precedences with Full Auto's)

This is the easiest way for the current administration to kill 2 birds with one stone - no complaints - you can own them - but your gonna pay for'em - They will raise a ton of taxes - even leaving bolt rifles, black powder rifles and Shotgun's out of the mix).

THEN they will move on Ammo, first by taxes then by tracking or registration by sale.

Look at all the Unfunded programs being passed, look at all the area's that they are raising taxes -

If I were a betting man - I would put money on this over anything - I have heard over the past year.

I haven't heard this officially or seen it anywhere, yet this is the only real thing that scares me coming out of DC. The UN, the ASW ban - No, it would backfire - but this could be passed as a new tax overnight as a simple budget measure - A new tax bill could fly through congress in a heartbeat - and POTUS Obama doesn't have to sign it neither does the senate and congress already has a Majority, but their is little that we could do.

I read somewhere that their are more firearms than people in the US, I have read that 87% of Firearms produced over the last 25 years in the US have been semi-auto.

they really do not need to code ammo. here is article from the stupid State.

I don't doubt that many states will increase the difficulty in purchasing ammo or reloading supplies, Some already do restrict it or track it already.

From Centerfire Systems - some of the states that already make it hard to purchase over the internet or out of state.:

RESTRICTIONS:
Alaska - No Ammo.
California - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags without a Hi-Cap Mag Permit.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No M-16 Bolts.
Los Angeles, Sacramento, & San Francisco, CA - No Ammo without a FFL.
Connecticut - No Semi-Auto Rifles.
Hawaii - No Pistol Mags over 10rds. No Ammo.
Illinois - No Ammo without a FFL.
Maryland - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags over 20rds.
Massachusetts - No Handguns. No Hi-Cap Mags without an FFL.
No Defense/Clip Fed Shotguns. No Semi-Auto Rifles. No Ammo.
New Jersey - No Hi-Cap Mags over 15rds without a FFL.
New York State - No Handguns. No Mags over 10rds.
New York City, Bronx, Brooklyn, Manhattan, Staten Island, & Queens - No Handguns.
No Mags over 10rds. No Ammo. No NFA Restricted Items.
Washington DC - No Firearms. No Hi-Cap Mags. No Ammo.
Washington State - No M-16 Bolts.
APO & FPO Addresses - No Ammo.
<broken link removed>

From what I have heard, the proposed law has not reached federal level. Many states proposed a similar law, Washington included, but I don't believe any of them were passed successfully. I heard that the company that developed this technology tried to sell it to the ammo makers, and got turned down. So they tried to get a law passed making their technology mandatory. It had nothing to do with safety. It had nothing to do with Obama. It had everything to do with GREED.

Not only would this bill put a tax on bullet sales, the registration part would have ended up costing as much as the taxes, with each retailer required to put in extra time into bookkeeping, which of course would also be passed onto the consumer.

Hello to Glockguy. I spotted a bunch of .40 cal at BiMart here in the Eugene area. Keep an eye on your local store.
What's up with the hole on the bottom of the Glock grip? I did search here and couldn't find anything. Don't make me go to Glock Talk :D You have a Storage Insert or CAVITY PLUG? I guess I could start a new thread...:confused:

Hello to Glockguy. I spotted a bunch of .40 cal at BiMart here in the Eugene area. Keep an eye on your local store.
What's up with the hole on the bottom of the Glock grip? I did search here and couldn't find anything. Don't make me go to Glock Talk :D You have a Storage Insert or CAVITY PLUG? I guess I could start a new thread...:confused:

I have no clue why theres a hole there.. lol... Seems pointless to me... Maybe to reduce weight?? :huh:

Do you mean the void behind where the mag inserts or the little hole drilled in the rear of the grip? I don't know why either is there but I like the fact that a mako buttstock used both options very well.

Sorry for taking this thread off track, I spoke to a few glock-heads who said it's for moisture dissipation, and useful if you have a malfunction and have to yank out the magazine.

Also part of the manufacturing process.

But back to the ammo. It would be a nightmare to try and enforce the regulation of millions of rounds, would it not?

Yea I think Obamas just trying to think of anythign and everything to make it hard on all of us... in the past few days Iv picked up 500 rounds of .40 and I'm not stoppin there lol

I've started reloading. For guns which like cast bullets (.38/.357 semi-wad) I'm going to cast. I'm stocking up on bullets, powder, primers and cartridges.

I guess we're all doing that and that's why there's none on the shelves. :)

The rumor included that all existing ammo (retail or hand loaded) was to be used or disposed of 2 years after the bill was passed....so hoarding or handloaded ammo would be illegal.

But this was a rumor.....

As ridiculous:s0131: as it sounds this is no joke.

http://ammunitionaccountability.org/

These fine folks have developed a technology to laser engrave the bottom of a bullet with a unique serial number and now they are traveling state to state trying to legislate a use for their newly developed technology.

There was a law proposed in Washington State that would mandate such a thing. House Bill 3359 was sponsored by Rep. Al O'Brien, (D)
1st Legislative District, King County, a retired Seattle PD Sgt. He has
been quoted as saying that he may sponsor the bill again.

This is for real, be vigilant and stay in contact with your elected reps so we can avoid this cluster f*ck.

:s0131:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads