JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
House Dems introduce bill to ban so-called 'assault weapons'

Anti-gun House Democrats today launched an effort to ban so-called "assault weapons" for a second time, more than ten years after the original ban, which was signed into law by former President Bill Clinton, expired in 2004, according to The Hill.

<broken link removed>

They won't give up, even if it costs them the election. I hope they choke on their own arrogance and stupidity. I just don't see how it can get through with a Republican majority. It's got to be nothing more than a political posturing move.

They said these guns are ''Weapons of war. Designed for killing people''.

Well Yes. I hope they are!

Is this not what the founding fathers wanted us to have when they crafted the 2nd amendment?
I can't imagine they had a vision of Americas Militia fighting for her freedoms with antiquated weapons?

Those fools don't even see that there missing the point!

This is all a ploy.

They let radicals into the country, give them every benifit of the doubt and allow planning and meeting amongst other radical domestic groups , hell the BATF will even arm them.. Then, have another shooting.. This is how they will (possibly) sway public opinion.. The blame for their prior actions (or lack there of) will get swept under the rug as it always does.

This can also be used as leverage for the dems to say:
"See we tried to pass sensible gun laws but the Reps. Wouldnt allow it"
.. So for the 2016 election they could gain that edge.
Ensuring more low information votes by way of violence. Its what the progressives and antis love.
Again.. All the details leading up wont matter.. Just what the press pushes, and the press is in the libs back pocket.

This is all orchestrated, Im sure of it.

52/100 fellow Americans say no ban on the "ban assault weapons" poll.

That's not a margin I'm very comfortable with. I suspect if we were to look at this same question/response asked over the past 20+ years, we'd see that it has been on a constant downward slope. Sadly, I think the curve is parabolic and will continue to steepen.

The value of 2AR's is not the same with the GenX and Y's as with the greatest generation and their children (boomers). It may take a horrific episode/act against the nation to wake people from their myopic, liquid crystal display induced coma and change the trend.

I used to care deeply about such events, I got caught short during the "magazine ban". Now I feel sorry for those in a similar situation but have decided that all such legislation is spurious;)

I used to care deeply about such events, I got caught short during the "magazine ban". Now I feel sorry for those in a similar situation but have decided that all such legislation is spurious;)

I'm good.

But if they limit ownership to One registered rifle. And one registered high capacity magazine.
As they have proposed in the past?

Then I'm screwed!:(

Talk about a Fire sale. :s0140:

I'll be happy to shoot back with my M1 Garand and its safe little 8 rd clip (yes democrat morons this one is a clip LOL) if they thing those nasty black high power assault rifles are bad wait until they see what a 150 gr .308 round a 3100 fps does.

Funny, my assault weapons run from 22 lr to 300 win mag if I were to employ them in that mode. Other wise they are just wood, metal and plastic that never leave my safe unless I let them out. I've left the safe open before and when I got home they were all still there. None ran away. Fortunately none have ever left because of some bad person making them leave without permission from me as I know this has happened to others which makes me very angry and sad. I can say for sure that the shotgun ones could be used as assault weapons and be very hurtful but then that would be against the law unless used in self defense and then none of the weapons would be assault weapons, they would be defense weapons used to assault bad persons who assaulted me or someone I care about. So as you can see, weapons are like hammers, if used properly, they work as designed, however used improperly, can become assault hammers that will cause great bodily harm. It's all up to you and how you use your tool, my dad told me that, I think that's what he meant. Anyway.

I'll be happy to shoot back with my M1 Garand and its safe little 8 rd clip (yes democrat morons this one is a clip LOL) if they thing those nasty black high power assault rifles are bad wait until they see what a 150 gr .308 round a 3100 fps does.
The problem is they are so ignorant, they don't understand how lethal that round really is or the accuracy potential of an M1...

They're racist, they just hate black guns:rolleyes:... Yellow guns, green guns, rainbow colored guns, even guns with wood are ok...

That's why I carry a stainless gun... That and it's wet here most of the year....

House Dems introduce bill to ban so-called 'assault weapons'

Anti-gun House Democrats today launched an effort to ban so-called "assault weapons" for a second time, more than ten years after the original ban, which was signed into law by former President Bill Clinton, expired in 2004, according to The Hill.

<broken link removed>

Meaningless, since they don't have the ability to even get such legislation heard in committee, much less on the floor for a vote. And even if there was a vote, they don't have the votes to pass it.

All of our eyes need to focus on our state legislatures this coming year. That is where the battle will be.

Great... they could not pass it before. This is another show for their left wing gun garbing voting base as well as their donners. Never take it easy. Always have to fight the gun grabbers full force. I just hope there is not another wide spread ammo shortage.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top