JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Clint Eastwood has made 40+ films with firearms in 60+ years with nary a single ND, let alone a fatality.
Something tells me that a certain person under discussion fails to take firearms seriously, or he knows not a shhit about them.
Or both, which is a really dangerous combination...

Alec Baldwin: I cannot be sued over over fatal shooting

Baldwin says his contract shields him from liability in shooting
He is relying on the Hold Harmless clause in his actors contract. But once you commit a criminal act that part won't hold water!
As the producer he can easily be guilty of criminal neglect and several other crimes.
He should have shut up , He still should shut up! DR

He is relying on the Hold Harmless clause in his actors contract. But once you commit a criminal act that part won't hold water!
As the producer he can easily be guilty of criminal neglect and several other crimes.
He should have shut up , He still should shut up! DR
Alec now claims the victim told him to point the gun at her, so not his fault...

The most this creep, most likely, will get is a "smolettesque" sentence. That"s what happens when your rich/famous!!! The two tier justice system in action!!!

I don't see a link to the actual filing, but it sounds like the news headline is not accurate. Looking at language the news article quotes it appears that Baldwin is not claiming he is immune from suit by Hutchins' family, rather he is demanding that the movie producers pay him back for any defense costs or damages he has to pay for the lawsuits. This is indemnity. The producers will have defenses to this, but that question will get resolved later by private binding arbitration in the JAMS hearing.

I don't see a link to the actual filing, but it sounds like the news headline is not accurate. Looking at language the news article quotes it appears that Baldwin is not claiming he is immune from suit by Hutchins' family, rather he is demanding that the movie producers pay him back for any defense costs or damages he has to pay for the lawsuits. This is indemnity. The producers will have defenses to this, but that question will get resolved later by private binding arbitration in the JAMS hearing.
I was under the impression that AB was the producer of this fiasco. If that is so, then how is the reimbursement supposed to work?
Is he looking for reimbursement from all the other folks on the "Produced by" list?

1647209078247.png

Alec now claims the victim told him to point the gun at her, so not his fault...

How many movies have you seen where the gun is pointed right at the camera? This is pretty normal. And in practice with an unloaded gun they may not have had the plexiglass shield up that protects the camera operator from flying debris. Not that plexi would stop a bullet.
It does not absolve Balwin the Producer from not having the armorer on set to handle the gun. It won't absolve the Assistant Director for not checking the gun, and it won't absolve the armorer for not checking and proving the gun empty before it was brought on set. It won't absolve the armorer for allowing live ammo on set either. And finally It won't absolve Balwin the producer from hiring an Armorer that was not qualified to do the job.
It is also not keeping Baldy from constantly running his mouth. That seems to be the most damming thing he does! DR

it was making me sign up to read... i dont sign up to read

cliff notes?
New Mexico Law says six months to charge on the Administrative side (Safety or environmental violations) so the hammer will fall, or not, in two days when the report is published. It was just a warning that news is imminent.

Clint Eastwood has made 40+ films with firearms in 60+ years with nary a single ND, let alone a fatality.
Something tells me that a certain person under discussion fails to take firearms seriously, or he knows not a shhit about them.
Or both, which is a really dangerous combination...
If this was Clint Eastwood rather than liberal comedian Alec Baldwin, everyone would be talking about how film sets employ credited experts as electricians, set builders, costumers, armorers, stunt coordinators, etc - and that poor old Clint is just an actor.

I don't know why anyone would expect actors - who often are flaky, drunk, learning impaired, etc - to interfere with the sometimes complex process of preparing prop firearms for use.

1650403102590.jpeg
This is a real revolver capable of firing .45 Colt. Does anyone actually expect that Harrison Ford took it apart to look into the cylinder every time they did a shot in Bladerunner? Should all actors know that a Colt SAA requires the hammer to be half cocked to open the loading gate, that you can't put the safety on a 1911 if not cocked, but that the safety on a P9S doesn't block the hammer or trigger? I've bought guns from guys in the infantry that didn't know that kind of stuff about the guns they owned.

We might as well be talking about Alec Baldwin inspecting the work of the eletricians on set. Maybe we should all help preflight the airplane next time we take a commercial flight and inspect the food storage practices of the restaurants we eat at.

I'm not speaking as a gun person or a from a particular political POV. I have a degree in filmmaking, and know quite a bit about the subject.

I can do the preflight and a cylinder check at the same time!. I can put gas in a car or plane, jet fuel in a helicopter. (I even know how to ground an aircraft and bond the fuel nozzle.) just a little teaching, learning, goes a long way. If you can remember lines of a script, you can remember the necessary steps.

If this was Clint Eastwood rather than liberal comedian Alec Baldwin, everyone would be talking about how film sets employ credited experts as electricians, set builders, costumers, armorers, stunt coordinators, etc - and that poor old Clint is just an actor.

I don't know why anyone would expect actors - who often are flaky, drunk, learning impaired, etc - to interfere with the sometimes complex process of preparing prop firearms for use.

View attachment 1181030
This is a real revolver capable of firing .45 Colt. Does anyone actually expect that Harrison Ford took it apart to look into the cylinder every time they did a shot in Bladerunner? Should all actors know that a Colt SAA requires the hammer to be half cocked to open the loading gate, that you can't put the safety on a 1911 if not cocked, but that the safety on a P9S doesn't block the hammer or trigger? I've bought guns from guys in the infantry that didn't know that kind of stuff about the guns they owned.

We might as well be talking about Alec Baldwin inspecting the work of the eletricians on set. Maybe we should all help preflight the airplane next time we take a commercial flight and inspect the food storage practices of the restaurants we eat at.

I'm not speaking as a gun person or a from a particular political POV. I have a degree in filmmaking, and know quite a bit about the subject.
How much knowledge does it require to NOT point a gun at someone when you pull the trigger?
I'm not an electrician but I know not to put a screwdriver into an outlet.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
  • Centralia, WA
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top