JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
i cant bring myself to reread almost 40 pages of this stuff... mind sharing again?

---

oh man this threads a goddamn trip. dude aint gonna be charged w anything. hes probably not guilty of anything except being a goddamn hypocritical anti-gun dick licker, but even if he was guilty, aint nobody charging him. the retainer he paid his lawyer is more than the local sheriff's annual budget. you know, rich people bubblegum.

in all the arguing on this tho... pointing guns and pulling triggers... that he should never have pointed a gun at a person and pull the trigger, cuz thats NEVER ok....

did you guys not ever slap blank firing adapters on your m16s and shoot the bubblegum out of your own company battle buddies?

yes, sometimes you absolutely do point real guns at real people and pull the trigger and dont intent to kill anyone and its 100% legal and in that case, even fuppin required of you.

what do you think my drill sergeant would have said if i was like "but bruh, them four rules, dawg..."
Good post.

Update on Baldwin and a couple of vids.

Update on Baldwin and a couple of vids.

It doesn't matter what he was told. I worked in an industry with clearance and lockout procedures for 20 years. A paper tag was all the stood between us and instant, unpleasant death. I personally checked every valve, switch, and breaker before hanging my tag and beginning work. It would have been easier to take somebody's word for it, but just like in this workplace incident, I was responsible for my own safety. No blame shifting allowed.

Dear Mr. Baldwin ,
It would be wise for you to STFU and let your lawyer speak for you.

It is best to remain silent and be thought an idiot...then to open your mouth and remove all doubt.
Andy

I mean, the pilot of the helicopter in the Twilight Zone movie deserved decency despite decapitating an actor and killing two children.
No, Alec Baldwin does not deserve decency. The helicopter pilot on the Twilight Zone set does.
By what twisted trail of logic do you equate these two very disparate fatal incidents?

In the case of the Twilight Zone movie, a pyrotechnic sequence went awry, causing debris to be sent into the tail rotor of the aircraft. That debris damaged the tail rotor, causing the aircraft to crash, which in turn led to the aircraft's main rotor decapitating Vic Morrow and killing the two kids. If it's anyone's fault, blame should lie with the designer of the pyrotechnic sequence, the safety person, and the producers of the movie. Yet, in your mind this is somehow the pilot's fault?

Given all the poor attention to safety on set in general, and gun safety failures in particular, on the Rust set (I need not list them, as we are all quite well aware of them after 38 pages), Alec Baldwin takes a gun that is ostensibly unloaded, and ends up squeezing the trigger, discharging a round that hits two people, killing one. If it's anyone fault, the blame should lie with the armorer (who didn't do her job), the assistant director who handed him the gun claiming it was cold (who didn't check), the person who pulled the trigger, and the producers. In this calculation, Alec Baldwin scores 2 points out of the 4 available...

No, I do not think he deserves any decency.

"Its a movie set. People point guns at each other and pull triggers. "
Ummm, do they?
Or, through the magic of movie making, does it only LOOK like they point guns at each other?
I honestly don't know. I saw a movie where guys punched each other...the "making of" feature showed how they LOOKED like they were punching each other.

Joe

Industry pros have posted that correct technique for the actor in a shooting scene is to point the gun at an off angle.
The idea is to never have the muzzle cover anyone on the set.
It's crystal clear that Baldwin did not follow proper procedure.
For that reason, he should lose some hide.

AND not that it really matters but the 24 YO 'armorer' was previoulsy involved in another act of stupidity just last year:
WhoTF wrote that article, a second grader??? My God, trying to decipher the grammar and syntax gave me a headache...

What was different on this set was "due to Covid restrictions" all non-essential people were kept off the set. Including the safety people. The guns were not secured at all times by the Armorer and staff. they were left on a open cart and picked up by the assistant director. It also does not seem that the armorer kept them secured while off the set. And that twice before a gun with a problem was used. it had twice had an AD during a scene.
COVID restrictions be damned, I would argue that "safety people" would be essential personnel for a scene utilizing a firearm...

Or, through the magic of movie making, does it only LOOK like they point guns at each other?
OR - due to complete ignorance and the possibility of a complete detachment with reality due to being an actor did he (as I mentioned before) possibly, intentionally point the gun at the lady because of some childlike regression of maybe playing with toy guns in the past?

Status

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top