Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Albany Veterans day parade

Discussion in 'Events & Get Togethers' started by Just Jim, Nov 9, 2009.

1. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Wednesday starting at 11 am. Always lots of military hardward and a chance to recognize those willing to die in your service.

jj

2. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

I will be there walking it

3. Silver Fox

Silver Fox Puyallup, WA Well-Known Member

Some senseless trivia here....

At one point in American history Albany, OR hosted the largest Veterans Day Parade and somewhere in the Clinton Administration somebody thought New York should host a Veterans Day Parade and make it the Nations Largest.

I walked it several years ago before all the deployments.

SF-

4. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

I volunteer to help with the parade. Yesterday I passed out flyers down the parade route. Tomorrow I will help with the organization (be a flunkey LOL). Wish I could show more support.

They have a new salute to vetrans that coppied a old french salute. It has started in Washington state and to give the salute tells the soldier you appreciate his service. It starts with your hand over your heart like the pledge of allegence ( meaning from the heart) and ends with your hand palm up pointing from below the heart toward the soldier. It means form the bottom of my heart, thankyou.

jj

5. parsons_12b

parsons_12b LaPine Oregon Well-Known Member

Hey SF the invitation is open if you want to come down and be in it. I will take you to lunch at Applebees