JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Being Alaska I'm not truly surprised by this. If this took place in San Diego California, it would be news.

Good for them, teach them what it takes to survive, self-confidence and a respect for life itself. A much better lesson then teaching kids that there are 15 different genders!

We butchered cattle and pigs in Cheney High School Ag Shop class. Teachers bought the animals, and teacher used a .22lr on the cattle before we hoisted it on a engine lift, skinned and quartered them. With the pigs, the teacher smacked them in the head with a sledge hammer and skewered the jugular [the pig was trussed up] before turning us loose. Regular butcher came by and took away the quarters to cut up per the teachers request. Used push brooms to get the coagulated blood into the floor drains. Ranchers paid for the metal and we'd weld squeeze pens, gates, etc. I don't think that class survived after the 60's.

Home economics.

Kids who grow up on farms that have livestock often learn these things at home, but it is good that at least a few schools teach them these things. It's a wonder that PETA wasn't there to protest.

Bro, the shallow end of the gene pool is lookin' a little deep… might grab the arm-floaties…
1672370776384.jpeg

https://www.native-art-in-canada.com/braintanning.html
https://www.outdoorlife.com/articles/hunting/2016/06/how-brain-tan-deer-hide-8-steps/

Home economics.

Kids who grow up on farms that have livestock often learn these things at home, but it is good that at least a few schools teach them these things. It's a wonder that PETA wasn't there to protest.
People for the Eating of Tasty Animals never protest around me.

animalrights-500x400.jpg IMG_20161018_124417307.jpg 100_0267.jpg 100_0195.jpg 002.JPG 004.JPG 004.JPG

OK OK I'll stop with the pics 002.JPG

There are something like 6 Ag programs in ND that still have a functional meats lab. It isn't a complete lost cause in education. I won't kill critters in class as I am not a fan of the bolt gun (stun). There are too many things that can go wrong in a hurry. A few years ago we had done a project with a local- ran 11 hogs through the lab before deer season. It was a great opportunity for the kids to see and have some responsibilities of chores and eventually the harvest of the animal.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews