JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am completely new with AK's and I tried to reinsert the BCG and it seems like the bolt is stuck. I can barely move the whole thing back and forth.
How do I get this thing out so I can properly insert it again?
ui91w4E.jpg 8afkkw3.jpg

Wiggle, jimmy, shake, tap with hammer, drop from three feet, whisper gently to it like Happy Gilmore talking to a golf ball, then curse...repeat.

It's just takes practice dropping the bolt in. This video may help.

Concur with reassembly taking a little bit of practice...do it a few times and all is good. Cheers

Both my son and and daughter could field strip and reassemble an AK blindfolded before they were out of high school. I mean WTF the public school system is only going to teach them so much, as a responsible parent I realized that and filled in the appropriate gaps.

Those vids are insane. Me being relatively new to the AK, but not new to disassembly/reassembly of mechanical things, I can tell you don't force anything. I still have trouble sometimes but when it's right it practically falls together. When you push down on the bolt assembly to over come the spring the hammer spring it will fall together and move forward with ease, if it's right.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top