JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lots of ways to get to your 7 parts...

Some I'm keeping the Romy stock, so I have to go trigger group (3), receiver, gas piston, muzzle break, and pistol grip...

I tend to build all of mine to where I can use any mags...

Others I'm replacing the stock so the stock group, trigger group, receiver, slant break, etc. get me there.

The FTF setup says "AK-47 Romanian Parts Kit Set. Full Auto Parts Set Complete Less Rec." In the picture is a trigger group (I think, its small and my eyes are shot), pistol grip, gas piton, muzzle break (again, I'm squinting), etc.

Im sure down the line I could replace bits and pieces, but I'd like to finish the party with a decent firing AK.

Thanks for the help, btw.

Sounds like a place I need to visit - where's it located? What's it called?

Can't recall off the top of my head. It's on the north side of TV in a combination Security/Gun shop. It is a two story building with a neon "guns" sign on the second story window. If you are heading west on TV, it's .4 miles past the theater and flooring shop.

When you walk in, you will swear that they bought out Century. It is filled with row after row of WASRs, Tantals, RPKs, Galils, etc. Way overpriced, but seeing that Century pulled everything from their site, it's a "name your own price" market now.

Nathan

The FTF setup says "AK-47 Romanian Parts Kit Set. Full Auto Parts Set Complete Less Rec." In the picture is a trigger group (I think, its small and my eyes are shot), pistol grip, gas piton, muzzle break (again, I'm squinting), etc.

Im sure down the line I could replace bits and pieces, but I'd like to finish the party with a decent firing AK.

Thanks for the help, btw.

you better research the laws be for building other wise go to jail

Well, to be honest, I would (and others might) appreciate a quick tutorial on what parts need to be replaced to make the functioning weapon legal. I realize we can't build an FA gun, but apparently there may be other requirements that it sounds like you understand.

ok... here's good data:

The 16 countable parts in a stamped receiver AK with a muzzle device.

(1) Receiver
(2) Barrel
(3) Trunnion
(4) Muzzle attachments
(5) Bolt
(6) Bolt carrier
(7) Gas piston
(8) Trigger
(9) Hammer
(10) Disconnecter
(11) Buttstock
(12) Pistol grip
(13) Forearm handguards
(14) Magazine body
(15) Follower
(16) Floorplate

No more than 10 of the parts on this list may be Imported, the rest must be of US mfg.

Can't recall off the top of my head. It's on the north side of TV in a combination Security/Gun shop. It is a two story building with a neon "guns" sign on the second story window. If you are heading west on TV, it's .4 miles past the theater and flooring shop.

When you walk in, you will swear that they bought out Century. It is filled with row after row of WASRs, Tantals, RPKs, Galils, etc. Way overpriced, but seeing that Century pulled everything from their site, it's a "name your own price" market now.

Nathan

and the building set back from the highway? I think it's called "Security Store."

Nathan

and the building set back from the highway a bit? I think it's called "Security Store."

and the building set back from the highway a bit? I think it's called "Security Store."

I know that place, it's Just north of Hwy 26 at the Murray on/offramps. It's past Sunset High School if you're driving from the Hwy26 and Murray, which means once you hit Cornell, you take a right. You would be traveling eastbound on Cornell road, and it's the first left turn after the intersection, and it's not a big turn at that.

If I'm not mistaken, you may need to go through the Cornell intersection and take the first right into the neighborhood opposite the McDonalds, because they put these ridiculous barriers in the road, and I cannot remember if they blocked that particular entrance on the left side of Cornell.

Link to exact location...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...81205&sspn=0.000863,0.001727&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Actually, the store I think we are refering to is on TV highway. I was just in there today, actually.

Nathan

I know that place, it's Just north of Hwy 26 at the Murray on/offramps. It's past Sunset High School if you're driving from the Hwy26 and Murray, which means once you hit Cornell, you take a right. You would be traveling eastbound on Cornell road, and it's the first left turn after the intersection, and it's not a big turn at that.

If I'm not mistaken, you may need to go through the Cornell intersection and take the first right into the neighborhood opposite the McDonalds, because they put these ridiculous barriers in the road, and I cannot remember if they blocked that particular entrance on the left side of Cornell.

Link to exact location...
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sad...81205&sspn=0.000863,0.001727&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=18

Oh man, I would love that AKS-74U, but I wouldnt know where to begin on building these.

What kind of tools do you need to do this? Whats the final cost of one of these? Seems pretty spendy for just the parts kit, and its not even complete!

I'm interested in a build party....I should have my Romanian G parts kit sometime next week, just need to know when and where. I'll order my flat and rails today. Should I stick with the traditional rivet build? or try the screw build style? I guess I can order screws and rivets, and decide later...

After reading the other posts... Rails and Rivets, and US parts? is that it?

Yes, that is about it.. except for

5mm & 7mm Reamer Set (best to have your own I don't lend mine)
Top Rail Layout Scribe Jig (Low cost so you can do it at home)
Center Support Sleeve and Rivet
3mm Gas Piston Rivet

You may want Your Own De-Mill Tools...
Trigger Guard Rivet Drilling Jig
Barrel & Barrel Pin Installation and Removal Kit

Be sure to order form http://www.ak-builder.com

I have the new AK-Builder Bending Jig with Rail Step Die on the way, I may have a couple extra romy flats avaiable also by next week.

what I will have for the party?

1) Hydro Press
2) 2 Flat Bending Jigs :cool: "If you plan on bending more than one flat please buy your own"
3) Barrel & Barrel Pin Installation and Removal
4) Adjustable Trigger Guard Rivet Jig
5) Top Rail Layout Scribe
6) Bench Grinder "Variable Speed"
7) Possibly some other riveting jigs
8) Possibly some extra romy Flats & Rails
9) Bottle of Makers Mark!!

People with any tools Please list what you are willing to bring to the party the more the better "Usual rules apply if you break it you replace it" Also If you have extra parts bring them as well, you may be able to trade or sell them to other builders.

We need to set a date for the bending party???

I will be on vacation for another 2 to 3 weeks.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top