JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay - I've got one of these:

<broken link removed>

... and one of these:

<broken link removed>

No press yet...

... the trigger guard jig is pretty self-explanatory, but even having built one AK in the past, the fancy jig is eluding me... even with the instructions...

Anyone used the mother of all jigs???

Im seeing conflicting info , So which is it ? 6 or 7 us parts ?

And does the us made flash hider need to be permanently attached to count , or can it just be screwed on ?

* I have a few tools and would not mind helping some"one" (emphasis on ONE) build one kit, FTF. First come, first serve basis. I share Contract Pilot's sentiments about tools. Have a 12 ton, flat bending jig, etc.

* I've only do screw builds. I do not care for rivets. So I don't have any riveting tools or spot soldering equipment.

* If bending flats, I strongly recommend AK-Builder flats, only. I do not take chances with others.

* We will not get done in one meet. Screw builds take more time than rivet builds. Tapping trunnions (i.e. rear) requires a lot of patience.

Okay guys, I would be more than happy to lend my skills and knowledge of AK building once a time, date and place is established. I have built several of them and some super short pistols. I can help with ANY aspect.

The easiest way to make these 922r compliant is the following:

US Receiver (1)
US Barrel (1)
US Pistol Grip (1)
US FCG (3)

Those are your six parts. Keep in mind most if not all of these kits will NOT include a barrel. There are a few places to get US made barrels but the nicest ones at the best price are here: US 7.62x39 Romanian Model Barrel $69.99

These come in the white and need to be blued, parkerized, DuraCoated, etc. They have the extractor cut out, lower hand guard retainer groove and are threaded. All the pin channels need to be drilled as well as the gas port.

On another note. For those of you in WA who get these kits. Some of them will come with the FULL AUTO parts. You MUST get rid of these parts BEFORE your rifle is complete or if you own a complete rifle already. Having those parts in WA with a complete gun that they go in is called "Constructive Possession" and is illegal. I typically just cut them in half and throw them away right when I get them.

If anyone has any questions please feel free to send me a PM or ask here in the thread.

Something else I forgot to add. Do yourself a favor and use AK-BUILDER rivets. They are FAR better than the Tapco ones or any other for that matter. Also...PLEASE do yourselves a favor and DO NOT do screw builds. Yes they are easier but you will regret it in the long run when the screws start to stretch your receiver, split it and the trunnions start to come out of the receiver. These guns were designed to be riveted. Screw builds only came about to make it easier. In my honest opinion screw builds are NOT a viable option. I have repaired several screw builds in the past and just got done converting a screw build to a rivet.

Where could I obtain a good pistol barrel for a Draco style build? Or would I cut down a rifle barrel, recrown it and drill a new gas port? What would be the best kit for this build?

My dream Draco would be a SS barrel with threaded muzzle in a Western thread pitch for suppressor use, and a rail handguard ..

You would have to get a rifle length barrel and do the machine work to it. Any AK kit will work for a pistol and 922r isn't an issue for pistols.

Thanks

I'm not quite ready to do this at the moment but it's on my to do list and I can begin gathering parts. Right now I am just finishing up a nice AR 15 carbine for my gal, topped with an expensive Eotech mini holo. Is there any one around here who can do such barrel work on a SS barrel for me?

I may know a guy.

DSC_8119.jpg

I can do ANY type of AK work you need done. All within the law of course.

If you can track down an M65 or other similar under folder kit those work well because you can use the under folder trunnion as the pistol trunnion. As for SS barrels...good luck. I don't know of anyone off the top of my head that makes SS barrels for the AK variant.

If you can track down an M65 or other similar under folder kit those work well because you can use the under folder trunnion as the pistol trunnion. As for SS barrels...good luck. I don't know of anyone off the top of my head that makes SS barrels for the AK variant.

OK thanks, I'll do some searches

Not to get too far off topic but does anyone know much about the effectiveness of barrel nitriding against corrosion? I want to be able to blast away with surplus without worry. Guess I'm spoiled with chrome lined barrels, and if I am gonna do this I want it right

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top