JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
What type of flats (brand) or receivers do you have?

My jigs will not bend the tapco flats

Don't need to bend anything - I have at least one NoDak receiver and a couple more armory ones... I just need to drill holes and rivet...
don't even need to drill holes on the NoDak... Might need to pick up a few more compliance parts - I need to go through my inventory...

Okay - so here's what I have:

3 receivers - one is pre-drilled, the other two aren't. I'm going to have them all set to take double hook trigger groups when I get there.

3 Romy G kits - two are in pieces and ready to go, one I still need to break down.

2 sets of rivets (Tapco)

2 trigger groups (Tapco)

Various other compliance parts for the builds (gas pistons, flash hiders, stocks, etc.)

Build plans:

One I'm building a Romy G - just putting it back together compliant with the original stock. (Receiver, trigger group (3), pistol grip, gas piston, flash hider)

One with Tapco folding stock, OD green (lowest priority) (Receiver, trigger group (3), pistol grip, forestock, buttstock)

One with Black Mako furniture (Receiver, trigger group (3), pistol grip, gas piston, flash hider)

I can try to get the pre fitting done ahead of time so that all I'll need to do when I get there is mash rivets and assemble...

You know at build party's we usually help newbies with one but not an entire arsenal on our tooling :s0002: Once you learn you should invest in your own tools or wait till the next build party and share your knowledge to help others others.

I will not use or let be used Crapco rivets or Flats with my jigs... they are not right and can damage jigs..

Okay - so here's what I have:

3 receivers - one is pre-drilled, the other two aren't. I'm going to have them all set to take double hook trigger groups when I get there.

3 Romy G kits - two are in pieces and ready to go, one I still need to break down.

2 sets of rivets (Tapco)

2 trigger groups (Tapco)

Various other compliance parts for the builds (gas pistons, flash hiders, stocks, etc.)

Build plans:

One I'm building a Romy G - just putting it back together compliant with the original stock. (Receiver, trigger group (3), pistol grip, gas piston, flash hider)

One with Tapco folding stock, OD green (lowest priority) (Receiver, trigger group (3), pistol grip, forestock, buttstock)

One with Black Mako furniture (Receiver, trigger group (3), pistol grip, gas piston, flash hider)

I can try to get the pre fitting done ahead of time so that all I'll need to do when I get there is mash rivets and assemble...

You know at build party's we usually help newbies with one but not an entire arsenal on our tooling :s0002: Once you learn you should invest in your own tools or wait till the next build party and share your knowledge to help others others.

I will not use or let be used Crapco rivets or Flats with my jigs... they are not right and can damage jigs..

What rivets do you suggest?

If I had a set of jigs, I'm pretty much good to go with the rest of the tools at this point (punches, drill presses, cobalt bits, various grinders, appropriate hammers, etc.). My garage is fairly well stocked. I'd need to pick up a decent press, but I've got several uses for one of those.

If I still had access to a machine shop I could make my own jigs, but I don't...

Heck I'd even host if I had all of the goodies...

Where are you guys finding your parts kits?

Lately I have been buying them off Gunbroker. I usually find someone that has a few for sale on there and contact them to see if they have any more they would sell outside Gunbroker.

There are several AMD-65 kits for no reserve on there. "Buy it Now" price is $310..........that is the cheapest AMD kit I've found.

So I ordered rivets and jigs from Ak Builder - unfortunately the nice riveting jig is backordered...

On the tapco rivets, is it the shape that's wrong or the hardness? Has anyone tried annealing them or pressing them hot?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top