JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ive lost count of how many mags I have . A couple of hundred maybe. They arent going anywhere. Washington is going to have to figure out how to ban licensed SBR's . Good luck with that. If they do and require turn in sure. I have 80% blanks for every gun I own , extra barrel, etc. . I can shoot in the vastness of central Washington any time especially muffled.

Moral dilemma ? Yeah right.

Lever guns were the world first "assault rifles" and theyd be hard pressed to ban those and single stack pistols.

Just to be clear, I have no bravado, really just the opposite. I'm old, I'm retired, I don't bother anyone and I truly just want to live and let live.

I've seen much history created, both good and evil, but now we are at a precipice. Will we remain a Constitutional Republic or be just another failed state?
I will not voluntarily participate in its failure.

Isn't there something like only 10% compliance with NY states safe act ("assault weapon" registry). Do not know the actual numbers, obviously, but that's my understanding.

Have the other 90% been rounded up and arrested?

Have the other 90% been charged with some fake something or other.

There's already been a ban. We are in a post ban era. The last one woke up people that were paying attention. Those that didn't stayed in their dream state. In the 90's we got the term "Going Postal" from work place shootings. In LA people were having shootouts on the freeway. Steve Martin even had a joke about it in a movie. The nation bought into the notion of the Assault Weapon, as a real thing and not just an act of assault with any gun.

In all my previous rants about guns and living in California, one thing I didn't go into is various areas of gang activities. The general public can get enough of guns living in those condition. So there is a real thing where the only people living freely and making money were drug dealers and funeral homes. Now relieved of those blinders and being able to think as a free person I really do find the backwards role of the public and government disgusting. We are supposed to be a free society.

On one side government ignoring laws and creating loopholes or just flat out breaking existing laws. Then people laugh and say, it doesn't happen in America. But to the point, the previous ban was not confiscation. I believe this government will not cross that red line. They will take big bites of what they can like in Ma, Ca, NY, and Washington state. They will trick people and rename things when idiots beat women or act like lunatics. But an outright confiscation is still out of reach.

I think the shooting world doesn't revolve around semi autos and + 10 round magazines.
If you venture out shooting much (and beyond this forum) you will find there is a very active community of interest in NON-SA firearms and large numbers of owners shooting them who don't see Levers, wheelguns, bolts, tube feed .22s etc. as 'secondary' or 'alternative' guns in the event the precious 'assault weapons' and + 10 round mags are banned.
On my way to go shoot these today.
View attachment 431723
These too.
View attachment 431729

I understand that, and I don't discriminate when it comes to guns. I have more muzzleloaders than semi autos.... BUT

semis and 10+ Mags are what are being threatened right now. And my go to for any competitive shooting or home defense is my AR.

so while losing those isn't the end of the world... It isn't the end of their attack on gun either.

once the door is open, it rarely closes.

once they get that, you sniper rifle, I mean your hunting rifle will be too dangerous. Until one day we wake up and all we have are muzzle loaders and single shots.

the gun community needs to wake up and unite.

UbpGKf1.jpg

CJ26wev.jpg

iyKtdEJ.jpg

pzBD6UE.jpg

DAAJPpf.jpg

tcbwdBw.jpg

1XRGEi4.jpg

OcXGfuG.jpg

cvysSO5.jpg

Outright confiscation, more then likely! What they will do; First, High Cap mag bans, Californication weapons features bans, maybe even an outright assault weapons ban, and the biggie, Ammo bans! This is the most likely course they will take, and it will not stop a damn thing! SO next comes the Big Ban Hammer, no grandfathering, turn in every thing or become an instant felon. Thousands will refuse and the LEO will be powerless to stop it, or unwilling to go door to door and collect any thing! One or two people will be made an example of, Sure, but after several LEO get killed following orders, it will grind to a stop! At some point a bunch of leaders will be drug into the streets and done in, a legal challenge will be brought, the SCOTUS will be forced to uphold the Constitution ( ZERO CHOICE) and the States will be forced to comply! This is the course we are on, no side track, America will be fighting its self within our lifetimes, and its going to fundamentally change us! What changes come will be up to the Sheeple, and the ones that stood up will be in a position to make the needed changes!

Not after the fact, no.

I do everything possible now to advocate 2A rights... To destigmatize guns, ccw, 'assault rifles'... I introduce new shooters to the sport, I write politicians,etc.

but that falls on deaf ears in this part of the country... If they feel froggy, they can jump whenever they please.

so, after the fact what options are there?

absent a wider armed conflict in the country, what benefit will there be for me to give them up bullets first?
so my wife and kids can watch me die in vain?

you think anyone is going to portray me as a sympathetic figure in the media? Bravely dying for my rights? Making a dramatic last stand in a house full of scary looking guns and boxes of ammo

So getting into a shootout isn't an option, neither is an assassination campaign against those who voted for it.....

Moving will require thousands of dollars and a lengthy court battle to retain my full custody.....

In reality, I see three choices.

Fight, Flight or Acceptance.

Do you see another path that I do not?
The 2A is a tool provided to protect our other freedoms. If we've decided it's a tool we WILL NOT use, then there's no longer any need to defend it. And there's no reason to look at our other "rights" as anything other than government granted privileges, subject to elimination at the whim of whoever is in power.
People will get whatever level of tyranny they tolerate. I doubt the founding fathers worried about whether the British press portrayed them sympathetically. We have been given a rare and unique heritage of liberty. We may soon be forced to decide if we are worthy heirs.

Short answer is nothing. Any firearm we have that accepts standard capacity magazines with a capacity greater than 10 already has many dozens of said stored. We went a little gonzo on magazine purchases during the last decade or so, but I am glad we did.

Longer answer; it would accelerate our planning to bail from the state. We are not in a situation to leave now, but it would be another reason to relocate to Nevada or Idaho sooner rather than later. The horsecrap taxes in this state are already reason enough. A serious gun ban would be the final straw.

The 2A is a tool provided to protect our other freedoms. If we've decided it's a tool we WILL NOT use, then there's no longer any need to defend it. And there's no reason to look at our other "rights" as anything other than government granted privileges, subject to elimination at the whim of whoever is in power.
People will get whatever level of tyranny they tolerate. I doubt the founding fathers worried about whether the British press portrayed them sympathetically. We have been given a rare and unique heritage of liberty. We may soon be forced to decide if we are worthy heirs.

I get that. But if there isn't a greater conflict at hand, that stand, that death... Will be in vain.

tell that to David Koresh.

this is the problem, and what renders it all ineffective.

sure, it sounds good to die for freedom. Buy in reality you will die for nothing and be forgotten.
there is no movement, there is no friendly media. You will be made an example of and portrayed as a terrorist. There is no victory to be won making an individual stand.

the only way right now is to make a stand is within the system and we are, as a whole, not doing it.

we have facts and numbers. But that won't save us.

they have emotion and narrative... And that wins every time.

I should mess with you guys and get you thinking but yall would think I was having too much fun. Anyway, on this thread post what device you used to get here.:D Samsung tablet here.

"Moving to Montana soon...." -- Frank Zappa

A big ol bucket a popcorn is what I'll get!
I'll bring logs and kerosene for fuel to burn at the stake.

I know a guy that is smart and has stocked up on "standard capacity" magazines. Plus he told me he has another 20 or so in a box somewhere in his garage. ;)

I have 4 more 12 pack cases of FAL mags, 20 more Alloy AR mags, and a bunch more 5 round Swiss stripperclips in the mail as we speak! Don't know the future, but I know the past! Ammo is good, more is better, and when you cannot count it, your about there!:D

Keep waiting for a member here to show a picture of his 40' trailers full of ammunition and magazines...

I saw a 53' trailer loaded down with pallets of ammo! This was the only company that hauls the ammo from the manufactures to the supplier warehouse's that we all purchase from! Cant say the name of the company, but all they do is haul firearms and ammo!

Let them go door to door. When cops start dying when a few "not one more inch" types decide to stand up, confiscation in such manner stops. Blue helmet or blue suit matters not - once you begin confiscation. Thats why door to door confiscation on a large scale will never happen here. Even the most zealous anti gunner won't stand up when bullets start flying

....... There is no victory to be won making an individual stand.

the only way right now is to make a stand is within the system and we are, as a whole, not doing it.

we have facts and numbers. But that won't save us.

they have emotion and narrative... And that wins
Quite right. Notice I said WE.
It's the old "if we dont hang together, we shall all hang separately" dilemma.
The main emotion in the opposition is fear. They're not afraid of US, we are "law abiding" (law being a very flexible term in their world). I think they need to be too afraid of US to poke the beast too sharply. Constantly assuring them we'll roll over probably wont accomplish that.

it's not door to door confiscation, everyone knows thats a fallacy.

simply make it illegal.
the average guy will turn in... Even if he doesnt, he will never be able to use that gun again or be seen out the house with it.
so essentially a door to door is worthless.

What good is a gun you can't use?
unless you're engaging in sedition with it, the party will be over

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews