JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm sorry you feel trapped but I know a sinking ship when I see it. Gun rights weren't the sole reason I left but it was solidly in the top 5. The best thing I ever did for myself and my family was leave Oregon. Now I only go back occasionally for work and hate every second that I'm west of the Cascades.
Giving up any flavor of gun was never a consideration for me either. It just feels so much better to be in a gun friendly state than to live in one where I basically had to keep it a secret for fear that I'd be a potential future legal target by anyone who might feel wronged by me in any way. I'm really nervous for you guys under the thumb of the Gov'ness and her "protection".

As I understand it when they ban things they have effectively said you have no right to own it, kinda infringement isn't it? Yet the constitution gives states the rights to choose their own path and that's why you need to pick good leaders. Oregon will never have good leaders in my lifetime and folks better move or learn to live under sociaism here. Learn to survive this BS and what it's going to mean to your families safety.

All the new laws will just make you a target for state sanction to be sparrowed out as a gun owner and to use what you legally own today as a crime tomorrow. Now you know why they went first with registration and next to bans. What you don't know is the future and if I tell you I bet you will not believe me today but you will see it for sure.

Not after the fact, no.

I do everything possible now to advocate 2A rights... To destigmatize guns, ccw, 'assault rifles'... I introduce new shooters to the sport, I write politicians,etc.

but that falls on deaf ears in this part of the country... If they feel froggy, they can jump whenever they please.

so, after the fact what options are there?

absent a wider armed conflict in the country, what benefit will there be for me to give them up bullets first?
so my wife and kids can watch me die in vain?

you think anyone is going to portray me as a sympathetic figure in the media? Bravely dying for my rights? Making a dramatic last stand in a house full of scary looking guns and boxes of ammo

So getting into a shootout isn't an option, neither is an assassination campaign against those who voted for it.....

Moving will require thousands of dollars and a lengthy court battle to retain my full custody.....

In reality, I see three choices.

Fight, Flight or Acceptance.

Do you see another path that I do not?

Quit trying to be realistic.

I could re-captivate the M1 Carbine we passed down to my wife's son. Or I could get a mean ol lever action. But I'm kinda fond of the idea of a Quigley rifle! And maybe one of those PCP pellet rifles in .25cal... pffft, pffft, pffft!! Got ya you yellow bellied son of a sea biscuit!!!

I doubt there won't be a grandfather clause. Shoot, even in CA their magazine law is being blocked by one of their own judges.

I could re-captivate the M1 Carbine we passed down to my wife's son. Or I could get a mean ol lever action. But I'm kinda fond of the idea of a Quigley rifle! And maybe one of those PCP pellet rifles in .25cal... pffft, pffft, pffft!! Got ya you yellow bellied son of a sea biscuit!!!
I think your part of the state will be pretty safe.

So, what do you think?
I think the shooting world doesn't revolve around semi autos and + 10 round magazines.
If you venture out shooting much (and beyond this forum) you will find there is a very active community of interest in NON-SA firearms and large numbers of owners shooting them who don't see Levers, wheelguns, bolts, tube feed .22s etc. as 'secondary' or 'alternative' guns in the event the precious 'assault weapons' and + 10 round mags are banned.
On my way to go shoot these today.
joCuMNqHUzCt0hsPFbZJea9bke0h4IJnBnlcOF4Tgylp4zokLLreYdNGQIHXAENF1UeU-HfL3Z8CG2HtcPs=w478-h637-no.jpg
These too.
QlGx9p7qEAuOWuLVs85PH5dfvMr9AxWh-0SxfrIMDomjYtD1RgB6vUfj3aUWmvERqvIAdfYa8ynVxKieJmw=w800-h600-no.jpg

Last Edited:
I doubt there won't be a grandfather clause. Shoot, even in CA their magazine law is being blocked by one of their own judges.
Agreed. You'll be allowed to keep them...for now. Just as long as they're fully documented, taxed, insured, and stored in a properly approved and randomly inspected safe within a safe.

I know a guy that is smart and has stocked up on "standard capacity" magazines. Plus he told me he has another 20 or so in a box somewhere in his garage. ;)

IMG_3026.JPG

I think your part of the state will be pretty safe.

From your, uhm, keyboard to God's ears! However, any assault weapon ban would likely be statewide or nationwide. Grandfather clause will have a sunset provision or be changed after the next incident. Then we be told to turn em in.

It's all about the message! Make no mistake, the message is very clear and the language and the terms are well thought out ahead of time! Proof was the Blabby Gabby and the space man just hours after the Vegas shooting, all dressed up fancy and tear filled with absolutely perfect speech! Almost like it was practiced and polished days ahead of! Just listen to Bloody Kate Brown in Orygun, it's coming hard and fast now, just watch! Ban this, turn in that, limits, and regrestration for, Full Californication!!!

I have 4 more 12 pack cases of FAL mags, 20 more Alloy AR mags, and a bunch more 5 round Swiss stripperclips in the mail as we speak! Don't know the future, but I know the past! Ammo is good, more is better, and when you cannot count it, your about there!:D

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top