JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I vote for trigger work from <broken link removed> not that far from you, their prices are pretty good and their work is top notch. I picked up a 1968 10/22 that had 3 miles of bad road for the trigger. I just went with the Tier 3 and it made a world of deference! :) In retrospect I wish I had gone Tier 2, but maybe what I should do is add another one to the safe. :cool:

I vote for trigger work from <broken link removed> not that far from you, their prices are pretty good and their work is top notch. I picked up a 1968 10/22 that had 3 miles of bad road for the trigger. I just went with the Tier 3 and it made a world of deference! :) In retrospect I wish I had gone Tier 2, but maybe what I should do is add another one to the safe. :cool:

+1 on Brimstone

I had Brimstone do a tier 2 on my 10/22. OMG, it is unbelievable!!!!

It just dawned on me. All of my .22s are 70's era production.

Browning Nomad....1970.
Remington 582.....1974.
Ruger 10/22......1977.

E

I've had magazines for them for years, but never actually owned one.

Today I spotted a walnut stocked model on the wall of my LGS here in Vernonia that looked "older" than new, but still looked new and unfired for $200.

A quick inspection showed no warning label graffiti, metal trigger housing, and a 117-00000 serial number which put it manufactured in 1977.

So.....I finally own one at age 51.

View attachment 495905
Cool, now you can do like everybody else.. keep the trigger pin and replace everything else with Volqueefharsen parts.

I've had one since 83, a Deluxe model that had trigger problems early on (plastic) the gun store I bought it from replaced it with a metal trigger group, no problem whatsoever. Since then it has been flawless with Federal & CCI ammunition.

Both my kids were taught safety & marksmanship with it and will have to fight over it when I depart this earth.:D

Ruger 10-22.jpg
Is your DeLux model like mine Jim? I haven't seen this Ruger stock very often.

The only problem i have with a 10/22 is keeping the magazines loaded!
Your thumbs will hurt after a few hundred rounds! ;)
Congrats on the nice find!

I think my 10/22 is about the 1977 era too. Haven't shot it much over the years, maybe 300 rounds. It was my first gun bought for me by the first wife when I did a little rabbit hunting with old high school buddies.
:p

Ok....heres a test....Meriwether or Baldwin? :p

East Fork of the Bear.

Scout summer camp was my very first time shooting. Even my dad never taught me to shoot.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top