JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OK, you cast across this large river with your tournament rig.
All the girls are very impressed. They want you.
Now you have to somehow get the chicks away and fish it effectively without almost all your line in the water producing a massive downstream loop.

I have the answer !
A twenty foot long rod !

Ah, I get it!!! ... What's a trounoment rig?

Ya also have to use a comet tied on a 6" tube and walk it through the run, because there is no way you can keep that cast up all day. ;)

Are we still discussing fishing???

Here's me and Ape...(I had a rough night)
12208019-large.jpg

All of this fishing talk makes me want to get back into fishing. I grew up fishing mostly for Atlantic (real) flounder and bluefish. That was a lifetime ago though. I never gained interest in fly fishing, even after living in NC for a number of years. What I have been thinking about doing again though is surf casting. Best of both worlds, a day at the beach and some fishin'.

All of this fishing talk makes me want to get back into fishing. I grew up fishing mostly for Atlantic (real) flounder and bluefish. That was a lifetime ago though. I never gained interest in fly fishing, even after living in NC for a number of years. What I have been thinking about doing again though is surf casting. Best of both worlds, a day at the beach and some fishin'.

When I lived in NC, I discovered chasing bluefish... what a hoot!!! Driving on the beach to where anchovies are boiling up out of the water... you can see the seagulls working them from a mile away. They other guys thought I was stupid cuz I would wade into the surf to cast, risking a bite or two from the bluefish. I was using Rapalas. Whenever I got a fish on, they took off like rockets!!! Left, right, in, out, just about spooled me a few times. Got the fish to the shore and they wouldn't let go of the lure, so I used two rods, both setup the same.

Fly fishing in NC was fun. I had a 14' jonboat that I used to flycast small poppers for bluegill on a trout sized flyrod. Then I had a 9' rod I used to cast big poppers for largemouth.

Surf casting... I did a lot of that in S. Calif... used softshell sandcrabs or mussels. Heavy enough weight to cast out but still swirl a bit. Or a big heavy sinker for plunking. We often went down to the rocky areas and used seagrass or mussels as bait for surf perch and kelp bass. Once in awhile, we would catch a nice bright orange Garibaldi.

Any day fishing is better than a day of honey-do's...

Then Surf Perch fishing is what you might like.
Lots of Internet info on where, when and how to rig.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top