JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My 14yr old daughter has been doing so much extra around the house/farm for some time now. She's always trying to make extra money as she can't work here in Oregon until she's older. I always have her keep track of her hours and when I asked what I owed her she said she'd much rather have a day alone with me to go fishing. Now, I'm not new to fishing but gave it up years ago, as I got tired of never catching anything. Everyone around me always catches something but not me, heck even switching poles with them they'd catch one on my pole, LOL.
Sorry, got off topic. Im looking for a place to drop the boat in that's not a busy ramp as my other helpers will not be there and I'm not the guy who likes to tie up the ramp while getting/parking the truck and trailer. She doesn't care what type of fish, just wants to catch.
My boat isint a fishing boat but I'm sure it'll do fine, just better not get it dirty, LOL.We may be able to troll with a couple sea anchors but it's a heavy V8 powerboat that likes speed, so not sure how slow we can get it. If anyone has a suggestion of a place within an hour or so of Salem that would be great. Last time up at Detroit Mongold ramp the dock was almost unusable due to the water level but it's been over a month.
Devil lake Lincoln city. I have a 12' fishing boat you can use.

I've been trolling little white squid looking soft bait and small minnow looking spoons behind the kayak with the kids and have done really well at eel lake.

Last Edited:
That is a very generous offer! I can bring our boat over we just need some tips as to what's biting or proper gear to use. I'm thinking this spring we will start getting serious again about fishing.
If you're looking to go to Devil's Lake at Lincoln City and just want to catch some pellet heads here's the stocking schedule...

A boat would be smart. The stocking trucks don't list a day, just the week that the trucks will deliver to the water body. I've never scoped Devil's Lake out for fishing. It looks to me like there are two public boat ramp. Planted trout would most likely be delivered to both. I would sure hope anyway. Expect crowds of less that polite people crowding together on the docks. That's the reason for the boat. It takes a good while for the planted trout to get away from the planting site. A lot of the fish are caught before they get a chance to get out and about. So if you get your boat in within a couple day of the planting stay fairly close to the the ramp and use small treble hooks and power bait,

Don't pay much attention to information the lake has talking up the blue-gill, perch or bass. Back, 20 years maybe, the lake had a lot of weeds. the home owners around the lake didn't like that because it made it tough for them to run their cruisers, ski boats, jet skies and party barges all over the lake. they got the state to plant grass carp, that eat the vegetation. Once the vegetation was gone, so went the warm water fish.

I'm open to correction if I'm way off on any of this info. It's what I recall from some years ago when I was still looking for fishing spots in Oregon.

If you're looking to go to Devil's Lake at Lincoln City and just want to catch some pellet heads here's the stocking schedule...

A boat would be smart. The stocking trucks don't list a day, just the week that the trucks will deliver to the water body. I've never scoped Devil's Lake out for fishing. It looks to me like there are two public boat ramp. Planted trout would most likely be delivered to both. I would sure hope anyway. Expect crowds of less that polite people crowding together on the docks. That's the reason for the boat. It takes a good while for the planted trout to get away from the planting site. A lot of the fish are caught before they get a chance to get out and about. So if you get your boat in within a couple day of the planting stay fairly close to the the ramp and use small treble hooks and power bait,

Don't pay much attention to information the lake has talking up the blue-gill, perch or bass. Back, 20 years maybe, the lake had a lot of weeds. the home owners around the lake didn't like that because it made it tough for them to run their cruisers, ski boats, jet skies and party barges all over the lake. they got the state to plant grass carp, that eat the vegetation. Once the vegetation was gone, so went the warm water fish.

I'm open to correction if I'm way off on any of this info. It's what I recall from some years ago when I was still looking for fishing spots in Oregon.
Awesome advice! I haven't been out on Devil's Lake in over 30 years. Guess I'll have to plan a trip this year.

Awesome advice! I haven't been out on Devil's Lake in over 30 years. Guess I'll have to plan a trip this year.
I've never been on it!

I've become too picky over the years. After growing up, and well into my 20's, fishing what came to be called "Blue Ribbon" trout streams now in the mountain states, planted trout do nothing for me. But to get a kid out, and hopefully, get them to fall for the habit is a great thing! There's a fraction of young people these days that are interested in much more than their "Devices".

Last Edited:
Daughter and I fishing at Cooper Creek Reservoir. She is 31 now and I am shaped more like a pear with all white hair.

lizzie and dad.jpg

YES.....take her.

Sadly. Just from the thread title.
Well, it brought back this music video to my mind.

Aloha, Mark
Funny, I started this thread long ago and coincidentally am taking her fishing this weekend, LOL. Also taking the whole family, wife and four kids. I always liked that song, now it's stuck in my head!

Planning on taking your daughter fishing? When planning your trip, just remember this ...
.... even though you may be otherwise tempted, It's recommended that you also bring her home afterwards. :s0155:

(Kinda like her second driving lesson shouldn't involve a drive to the "Train Station".)

Planning on taking your daughter fishing? When planning your trip, just remember this ...
.... even though you may be otherwise tempted, It's recommended that you also bring her home afterwards. :s0155:

(Kinda like her second driving lesson shouldn't involve a drive to the "Train Station".)
You don't speak a lot. But when you do, there is wisdom in your words.

If you really want to have a relaxing day fishing with your daughter and don't want to bother with your boat then you might want to check out this thread that I started. Sure it's a long drive for you but you will enjoy fishing catching with your daughter on my boat, just ask around.

I strongly urge you spend that day with Caveman Jim! He really should go by Gentlemen Jim.
He has made some great memories on our annual father/daughter (and now grandson) trip.
Enjoy the special day!

I strongly urge you spend that day with Caveman Jim! He really should go by Gentlemen Jim.
He has made some great memories on our annual father/daughter (and now grandson) trip.
Enjoy the special day!
Thanks brother, I really look forward to our annual fishing trips. Caveman enjoys fishing with 3 generations of flashpans. Always a great time. ;)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top