JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
This is kind of what I was thinking too. Dillon 750 with at least a case feeder. As of right now I have about 3000 LRP, 3000 SRP, and 2000 LRMP. I'm hoping it'll last me until things calm down. Thank you for your help!

You're fricken RICH MAN!

Or is it just that the larger cases in general cause flexing?
Straight-walled pistol cases are easier for the press to handle as compared to bottle-neck rifle cases.
Apparently the Hornady AP press doesn't have the rigidity to properly handle 308 cases.
Your Rockchucker has tons of rigidity. It will handle 308 cases with ease.

Straight-walled pistol cases are easier for the press to handle as compared to bottle-neck rifle cases.
Apparently the Hornady AP press doesn't have the rigidity to properly handle 308 cases.

Well, yeah, I just didn't know if .308 was somehow different from other similar, largish, shouldered rounds.

ive reloaded thousands of 308 on my hornady AP

and even more on my ancient JR2 rcbs press :rolleyes:

I have been scraping the primer pockets every time already.

FWIW, I put my primer pocket tool in the drill press and it speeds things up dramatically. I focus the attached light on the work so that I can make sure they are clean enough. BTW, I personally don't clean mine every use, but it sure don't hurt anything. Won't wear the brass out any quicker than the case necks will split anyway. :)

FWIW, I put my primer pocket tool in the drill press and it speeds things up dramatically. I focus the attached light on the work so that I can make sure they are clean enough. BTW, I personally don't clean mine every use, but it sure don't hurt anything. Won't wear the brass out any quicker than the case necks will split anyway. :)
Holy crap! Drill press! Why didn't I think of that? Thank you!

Okay, got to share my favorite Dillon warranty story. In the mid 90s I worked at a shop that sold Dillon. Guy came in and bought a 550B. He put it in the back of his truck and headed home on SB I-5. A half hour later he was back. The press was cracked and badly scuffed. The powder measure was gone and other parts missing. He was pretty vague but the box had fallen out of the back of his truck. So he asked me if it could be repaired. I said, "Let's call Dillon".

Called the "800" number and got the rep. I had the customer explain what happened to his press. There was a moment of silence on the phone line and I figured the customer was screwed. He looked pretty downfallen too. But the rep told him to box up what's left and ship it back to them at his expense. In turn, they will ship him a new press for free. He did. They did. Three weeks later he was back to say he up and running and needed more primer tubes.

Okay, got to share my favorite Dillon warranty story. In the mid 90s I worked at a shop that sold Dillon. Guy came in and bought a 550B. He put it in the back of his truck and headed home on SB I-5. A half hour later he was back. The press was cracked and badly scuffed. The powder measure was gone and other parts missing. He was pretty vague but the box had fallen out of the back of his truck. So he asked me if it could be repaired. I said, "Let's call Dillon".

Called the "800" number and got the rep. I had the customer explain what happened to his press. There was a moment of silence on the phone line and I figured the customer was screwed. He looked pretty downfallen too. But the rep told him to box up what's left and ship it back to them at his expense. In turn, they will ship him a new press for free. He did. They did. Three weeks later he was back to say he up and running and needed more primer tubes.
Dang that's amazing customer service! Ok, I think I've heard enough. I'ma buy a Dillon! Now just gotta figure out what I need!

That's like rewarding crack hoes welfare money for their screw ups.

:s0112:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top