JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Device
Desktop / Laptop - Microsoft Windows
Browser
Mozilla Firefox
Reactions
While attempting to search Classifieds for ANY ad by a particular user, only the OPEN ads are listed, and the Active Filter bar does not display anything for AD STATUS.

Attachment #1 shows filter set up for ANY status. Attachment #2 shows the filtered results from that set-up; only OPEN ads appear, and AD STATUS is not displayed on the Active filter bar.

Attachment #3 shows results if filtered for CLOSED ads; this seems to be working fine, and AD STATUS is correctly displayed on the Active Filter bar.

Attachment #4 shows results if filtered for OPEN ads; this also seems to be working fine, and AD STATUS is correctly displayed on the Active Filter bar.

Although I've used screen shots of my own ads for examples, this glitch is consistent when searching other members' ads, regardless of ad category. The screen shots were taken while using my Firefox browser, but the glitch occurs just as consistently when using Edge and Chrome.

Testing was done using Windows 8.1 on my old laptop. I found identical results using Windows 10 on our newest laptop. I have not and cannot test for this glitch with any smartphone, so YMMV if using an iPhone, Android, or other device.

1. Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11-40-05 Non-Firearm Item Classifieds.png 2. Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11-41-13 Non-Firearm Item Classifieds.png 3. Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11-42-41 Non-Firearm Item Classifieds.png 4. Screenshot 2021-11-12 at 11-43-47 Non-Firearm Item Classifieds.png

Last Edited:
I appreciate the detailed report Gary.

Unfortunately, this is a known bug. The good news is that it's fixed in the new version of our classifieds. The bad news is we're still a ways off from the upgrade (likely Q1 2022).

Thanks for the reply, Joe. I did review prior bug reports, but found nothing that seemed to match what I was experiencing. Although filtering isn't fiddle-free as-is, I can still work with it until the upgrade.

What gets reported is only about 1/8th of the bugs on my list :s0112::s0054:

Busy as our classifieds are, I'm actually surprised someone didn't bring this up sooner.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top