JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know the military uses ACOGs on many of their M16s, which they use for clearing buildings and houses, but it would seem to me that the 3x would make it hard if say your target was 10' away.. Anybody have any experience with using then inside 10 yards or so?

That's what BAC(Bindon Aiming Concept) is for. Open both eyes and use the floating blob of color to aim at close distances. Of course this doesn't help if you have a TA01...

That's what BAC(Bindon Aiming Concept) is for. Open both eyes and use the floating blob of color to aim at close distances. Of course this doesn't help if you have a TA01...

What Cat cow said

you can also put a flip cap on it and use it as a red dot with both eyes open but if you train your eyes its not necessary.

We handle the Acog in several different ways in the military. With the newer ones that have the fiber reticle it is pretty much used as a 2 eye open sight/ocluded sight. The older Acogs without the fiber optics we have have the built in back up irons on top. But in all honesty we spend so much time doing ready up drills and room clearing that at the ranges involved its pretty much body position and over the top of the rifle. I have seen the back up red dots on top but there has been several problems. we break them like no other.Also the cheek weld sucks since it is a little weird to lift your head that high(I had the same problem while cross training with the German G36 some years back that has a magnified sight on bottom and a red dot on top). The Acogs shine when it comes to anything over 100 meters or general spotting for weapons squads or Mortars. It all depends on the unit. I am in the 82nd and we have a mix of Acogs, Eotechs, and Aimpoints but I have seen units that use nothing but Acogs as well. I personally prefer Aimpoints.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top