JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i have been shooting with just my iron sites and see it is much fast to stay on target with the different red dots out there. i have tried eotec and a few others but do not have the cash for those.. what is best for what i am using this for at around 200$? any brand names better than others. I have been told not to get a vortex. and to try to stay with sig or utg. but what about the lucid.. then i hear bad reviews. so not sure. any help will be good thanks.

I don't know why someone told you to stay away from Vortex, but Vortex strik fire is very solid unit for the money. I personally think it's way better than other cheap/cheaper red dot sights.

I am a fan of the C-more sights. They are in your price range, low profile, quality, ect. I have one on my 9mm AR as I am not a fan of the Holo sights since they are wider then the rifle.

I have an Ultra dot Pan A V on my ak i have had the rifle for over 2 years now and the battery has never been changed lights op nice and bright still. Has 4 reticles to choose from and 7 brightness settings. And it needs all them I have to dim it sometimes in bright sunny days.

I've been through a handful of different red dots and holo's and ended up coming back around to the Vortex strikefire.

Love that little thing.

Whoever told you to stay away from it needs to be avoided. I can't say anything bad about the sight. Vortex is a reputable manuf. in the industry.

Vortex is good stuff.
However, I found that for 3 gun, an adjustable 1-4 power scope is ideal.
Red dots are OK at best for short distances, and cover the target completely at long range.
I had a StrikeFire, sold it and saved up for a Leupold VXR Patrol.

I have a vortex strike fire and a Sparc I like them both. Vortex has an amazing warranty best in the business and just as good of quality.
I just got the sparc 2 for about $180 and a strikefire used for around $120 used.

However I don't do comps so I can't speak to their abilities there.

I second the 1-4X scope. I love them. A bit heavier but at longer ranges they work great. In the $200 range the Leatherwood/HiLux CMR is good, also the Burris Full Field 1-4 with the illuminated do is hard to beat for the money. Good glass, decent reticle and illuminated dot. They seem to be pretty decent.

Another Plus one for the Vortex. I have a strikefire II with an upgraded LaRue mount. I think its every bit as good of sight as my Eotech

A note on the Strikefire II If you go just red rather than the red/green dot you get much better battery life

I have the redfield red dot and a uti or utg quick release mount and can not get the thing to stay on target. I wonder if i should graduate up to another type of mount ... since its not really a paintball.... whatcha think

I am of the opinion that you will always get what you pay for.
UTG and the lower tier products are suited towards Airsoft/paintball and will probably hold up for a while, depending on you level of play and how you treat your gear.
You can take a mid level optic and put it in a top quality mount, and have very repeatable return to zero results.
Good stuff aint cheap. Cheap stuff aint good.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews