Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Close Quarters Rifle Optics: A quick comparison

Discussion in 'Gear & Accessories' started by KalamaMark, Sep 24, 2013.

1. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

Here's a video we made with a quick, operator view comparison of several popular rifle optics.

Any input, thoughts or desires on a more thorough comparison between particular models or scenarios is encouraged and would be entertained and produced if practical.

Thanks,
    Mark

[video=youtube_share;liTvazJQAhE]http://youtu.be/liTvazJQAhE[/video]

CAL30M1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. 1337BaldEagle

1337BaldEagle Earth Active Member

I enjoy his Feinstein joke. Also, this is actually a really good platform to show what they look like.

CAL30M1 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Kevatc

Kevatc Oregon Well-Known Member

I would appreciate a comparison of some 1x4 optics for AR's using your patented high tech camera gadgetry.

4. KalamaMark

KalamaMark Kalama Wa Well-Known Member

Great idea! I'll put it in the itinerary!

5. j4545

j4545 WA Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I'll have to second this as well. I'd love to see some variable optics in the mix.

6. mkwerx

mkwerx Forest Grove, OR Well-Known Member

I dig the gizmotron2000majiggy (or whatever you called it) - and I'm glad you guys are doing this. Really shows what's what, especially in the "budget" optic field. Couldn't quite bring myself to drop $600 on the used Aimpoint at the gunshop for my wife's AR, so after examining a lot of the ~$200 red dots, I got her the Redfield Counterstrike because it was waaay clearer than the Vortex Strikefire or Sparc, and the Refield appeared to be far, far more rugged and well put together than the Vortex stuff. The exposed wires on the rheostat on the Vortex sights turned me off. Seems like they'll easily be broken. The other thing tick in Redfield's corner is that if I need warranty fix - I can drive to Beaverton and drop it off instead of shipping it to BFE and waiting god knows how long.

The only thing missing from your lineup in the popular budget sights anyway, was the Bushnell Trophy.

Keep the vids coming guys. Thanks.

ddnuts and (deleted member) like this.