JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I did it backwards, or as I like to say- the right way. I got married a bit later than most. I never spent money on fast cars, loose women, or bad habits, but spent most of my 20s buying more guns, surplus ammo, and reloading gear than I needed.

Now I've got a wife and a houseful of kids I couldn't imagine living without. I've still got more guns than I need and have the need for more mostly out of my system. Best of both worlds, in my estimation. I can't afford to buy much for gun stuff anymore, but don't really care.

When my wife and I were first married she said that one of her friends asked her if she was going to make me get rid of my guns, as if it was a realistic and reasonable thing. She replied why in the world would she do that?
That sounds like a keeper to me!

I did it backwards, or as I like to say- the right way. I got married a bit later than most. I never spent money on fast cars, loose women, or bad habits, but spent most of my 20s buying more guns, surplus ammo, and reloading gear than I needed.

Now I've got a wife and a houseful of kids I couldn't imagine living without. I've still got more guns than I need and have the need for more mostly out of my system. Best of both worlds, in my estimation. I can't afford to buy much for gun stuff anymore, but don't really care.

When my wife and I were first married she said that one of her friends asked her if she was going to make me get rid of my guns, as if it was a realistic and reasonable thing. She replied why in the world would she do that?
Me too brother, Married 28 years to the same Bride, had 4 daughters it's a blessed life indeed to which I know you can attest.

That stinks, sorry to hear it.

I know we all have opinions, but I have a strong one about expensive weddings. I read an article recently about how the average wedding in the U.S. now costs $35,000, and it's common to take out long-term loans to pay for them.

Personally I think that's genuine insanity. I don't understand it at all. When I got married many years ago, it was a fairly small affair that cost maybe $1k, dress included. Her folks helped with that and there were family and friends who volunteered with photography, food, and such. We're just as married as those who spent tens of thousands, actually more married than many/most, statistically.

I blame Walt Disney. How many generations of little girls have grown up now with ideas of a fairy tale princess wedding and living happily ever after? Sure, you can go into hock to buy the fairy tale princess wedding, but happily ever after is only in the story books; it's not real life. :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top