JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I believe the anti-gunners ultimate goal is to get rid of nearly all guns. Most antis don't want that to be obivious so they are happy to make a law here and a law there. Like the frog in the pot, we'll just sit in the pot until it's too late. I would like to see persons/groups "representing" the anti-gunners make it more obvious to the people on the fence.

In answer to the OP:

"We at GunControl Inc. understand that millions of citizens have been murdered by their own governments - but that is ancient history.

That kind of thing could never happen these days. We're better than that now, and we can 100% trust our government, at every level.

As far as personal defense goes - that's why we have police departments. Yes, you might be killed during a home invasion - but that doesn't give you the right to own guns. It's better for society as a whole to occasionally lose a few of its members, than for the entire country to be awash in military-style weapons.

Just like vaccinating everyone, the disarming of the citizenry will cost a few lives - but will result in a safer, happier life for the nation as a whole.

Trust your government, as we weed out the malcontents among us."

View attachment 856578
You got the idea:)

Ok I'll Play,

The legality of 'pistol braces' SHOULD be put on indefinite hold until the owners can obtain a medical evaluation that supports their inability to shoot a pistol conventionally due to physical limitations, which was the original intent of the braces.

Once obtained the owners may continue to to use the brace but only in the manner in which it was designed such as strapped to the arm for support.

Those not having verifiable medical inabilities may keep their brace, sell it etc. but it CANNOT remain attached to THEIR pistol.

Moving forward anyone observed using a 'pistol brace' as a de facto stock and shooting with it on the shoulder shall be subject to a $500 fine and confiscation of the brace only.

Also to support this anyone who observes someone using a brace as a 'stock', and can provide photographic/video proof will be rewarded with a $500 gift card for a company of their choosing AFTER the owner is identified, fined and the stock confiscated.

The whole intent of this is the eliminate the ability for one to create a 'short barreled rifle' aside from the normal, legal channels.

Last Edited:
2 weeks ago, I was able to show a leftist friend the difference in the gun laws the Dems would like to create and what it really means in the real would. He said the new gun laws are stupid and never knew definitions or wording play/spin and talk to others.
Just hoping to open someone's eye

In answer to the OP:

"We at GunControl Inc. understand that millions of citizens have been murdered by their own governments - but that is ancient history.

That kind of thing could never happen these days. We're better than that now, and we can 100% trust our government, at every level.

Another one of my favorites: "that is ancient history".

Except when they want to smear something by comparison to the Nazis, then it is no longer "ancient history". Then it is very much relevant and important history.

I wonder how many of these morons know there was a bloody civil war in Europe as recently as the 1990's, resulting in 140,000 deaths - and some estimate many more than that.

Ok I'll Play,

The legality of 'pistol braces' SHOULD be put on indefinite hold until the owners can obtain a medical evaluation that supports their inability to shoot a pistol conventionally due to physical limitations, which was the original intent of the braces.

Once obtained the owners may continue to to use the brace but only in the manner in which it was designed such as strapped to the arm for support.

Those not having verifiable medical inabilities may keep their brace, sell it etc. but it CANNOT remain attached to THEIR pistol.

Moving forward anyone observed using a 'pistol brace' as a de facto stock and shooting with it on the shoulder shall be subject to a $500 fine and confiscation of the brace only.

Also to support this anyone who observes someone using a brace as a 'stock', and can provide photographic/video proof will be rewarded with a $500 gift card for a company of their choosing AFTER the owner is identified, fined and the stock confiscated.

The whole intent of this is the eliminate the ability for one to create a 'short barreled rifle' aside from the normal, legal channels.
You sound serious, is this Sen. Ginny Burdick:)

A good start to solid gun law reform would be to ban all shoulder things that go up.
Intergalactic, shoulder mounted, auto tracking plasma weapons have no business off the battlefield.

I would also ban any and all phased plasma rifles that meet or exceed the 40 watt range.

The very VERY informed political leader Carolyn McCarthy has spent decades roaming space meeting with various lifeforms, gathering data on these topics. She has taken polls across the universe and many different lifeforms agree plasma weapons have no business in this star system or on our streets.

The one that drives me nuts because it is so obviously flawed, but so many parrot it, is the "No one needs [fill in the blank]."

The actually physical needs required to keep members of our species alive is rather minimal. But I doubt many people would opt for that as choice though. More importantly, this is supposed to be a free society, who's founders affirmed so beautifully a right to the "pursuit of happiness". What makes you happy, may not me, or the next person. But I can pretty much guarantee we all know better than some intellectually and morally bankrupt elected officially who smugly legislates what our "needs" are.

The one that drives me nuts because it is so obviously flawed, but so many parrot it, is the "No one needs [fill in the blank]."
Oh man, ditto this. It's a 'pandora's box' and 'no one need' can be applied to LOTS of things.

Dead horse but the same applies to the 'If it saves just one life' rational - look what can be suggested to eliminate that if gone might 'just save one life' . We could go on and on with this one.

Last Edited:

I fled Soviet anti-Semitism: We need to fix lax gun laws as well as hate and bigotry

I only 'skimmed' this article but will read it completely later.

Regardless I find it reprehensible someone who claims to have 'fled' the Soviet Union due to religious persecution has to audacity to claim 'similar' persecution in the U.S. - and then to somehow segue into 'gun laws' and 'hate and bigotry'?

This is an example of self- righteousness at its pinnacle and something we have allowed to 'sneak in' unchecked - the unfettered 'acceptance' of anyone new, from anywhere and allowing them the freedom to criticize us as a Country.

Some may not agree but I have always been one who believes we need to be 'acceptably cautious' of any one new - be they from another country or from another state - and have never just given a 'welcome wagon' to anyone new, even to say Oregon - especially if the first words out of their mouths are criticism - and I have seen and experienced a lot of that from 'newbies' to the area over the years.

Some I have had to be 'respectfully' honest with explain to them why they are experiencing the 'persecution' they were from locals in the area or other long term residents ( or natives) they encountered with less than friendly outcomes.

I have also at times been a bit less than 'congenial' to those I have met who start out with nothing but criticism and judgement as newcomers to Oregon.

Last Edited:
The biggest gun control falicy is the idea that they can pass any stupid law that will get me to turn in any of my firearms. This includes paying full value for them.

First attempt.
"Esteemed citizen, far to many rights are actually a luxury for the average American. This first of many new laws simply seeks to smooth the burden of citizenship by just starting with the most basic of rights (existence) , and adding too it by choice.
Firearms ownership can be accomplished by a simple mental health evaluation, drug use screening ,and peer group confirmation. With annual recertification. Assuring that the citizen requesting access to this right is responsible enough to be trusted in it's exercise.
As the above seems quite reasonable , the right to vote also has become a burden for some citizens. A short but comprehensive written test to confirm the individual citizen's grasp of the democratic process will be passed, prior to any voting registration period. Proof of a clean background check, including drug screening is also mandatory. " etc. So forth.

How's that?

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews