JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently traded a Glock for a pretty nice AR build- lower is a NY bushy which the guy said he had approx 300rds thru with a new C7 upper reciever he bought off Midway a few years back, new unknown bcg and new chromelined dpms barrel. Anyway as I was staring at it lovingly I noticed that the edge where the upper reciever meets the delta ring is rough and raised. Was wondering if it was worth trying to sand down and refinish? If so what kind of finish is recommended? I'm probably just being anal because it doesn't affect function and it's nowhere near where the hand goes, kind of just a discrete eye sore if you know where to look.

IMG_0535.jpeg IMG_0534.jpeg IMG_0538.jpeg IMG_0537.jpeg

I would leave it, but if you must…. get some needle-files (aka jewelers files) and gently file that burred edge down, then get you a Brownell's paint pen in matte-black and dab over it with a toothpick type implement.

Last Edited:
Not lunch time..so no roasting... :D

Being satisfied with how your firearm looks is important...that's one of the reasons why they need to be maintained.

And while I would never advocate for neglecting any aspect of firearm care....
A AR15 , especially a basic one like your Carbine , reminds me of the rifles and carbine that I used in the Army...
They needed to work and work well....external fit and finish was of secondary concern.
So I still tend to look at 'em that way.

Please note that the above is not meant as a slam against your Carbine...it is a very nice one...and would be fun to shoot for sure.
Andy

Haha 😂. No offense taken. Basic, simple, light and reliable is why I wanted this particular carbine in the first place (and traded/sold most of my other modern ARs for A2s/A1s). I tend to overthink things that don't matter much. It's a tool first, a fun one, but a tool nonetheless. Thank you for your service and your perspective.

Not lunch time..so no roasting... :D

Being satisfied with how your firearm looks is important...that's one of the reasons why they need to be maintained.

And while I would never advocate for neglecting any aspect of firearm care....
A AR15 , especially a basic one like your Carbine , reminds me of the rifles and carbine that I used in the Army...
They needed to work and work well....external fit and finish was of secondary concern.
So I still tend to look at 'em that way.

Please note that the above is not meant as a slam against your Carbine...it is a very nice one...and would be fun to shoot for sure.
Andy
That's why God invented the light switch and window shade.

Looks like forging marks. I'd leave it alone.

Though, being built by an other, I'd pull the hand guards and check the torque on the barrel nut, as well as check headspace.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews