JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Colt hasn't made an A2 sporter rifle in a couple decades :rolleyes: there are also complete Rock River Arms uppers for sale from LE trade ins on gunbroker and other sites it seems?

Edit, a lot of people are wanting new A2 uppers with barrels of their choice and not be restricted to either 14.5" P&W, 16" carbine gas or 20" HBARs
Did Brownells stop making them?

Did Brownells stop making them?
According to this

None of them are offered as complete rifles currently

Edit. If you click "build now" only the BRN10 and BRN Proto and M16A1 have results and just few parts and the A1 upper is not in stock. All the others have "sorry no results found for xxxxx"

According to this

None of them are offered as complete rifles currently

Edit. If you click "build now" only the BRN10 and BRN Proto and M16A1 have results and just few parts and the A1 upper is not in stock. All the others have "sorry no results found for xxxxx"
Get one of these and you should be happy!

Get one of these and you should be happy!

Here's what I want...

A2 upper

16" mid length gas barrel, either skinny or mid weight profile, with A2 sight tower (Del-Ton seems like it?)

Fixed A2 stock

:D

Basically this. RRA SAR-15 A2 download.jpeg
Not in stock or offered anywhere as far as I can tell, for complete ones. Means.. I'll have to get the parts together. Saving the doll hairs for the complete A2 upper receiver from RRA, and then probably spend the money for Del-Ton's 16" midlength A2 sight tower barrel. I do have an A4 lower with the Ace skeleton stock that my 16" carbine flat top is on.

Here's what I want...

A2 upper

16" mid length gas barrel, either skinny or mid weight profile, with A2 sight tower (Del-Ton seems like it?)

Fixed A2 stock

:D

Basically this. RRA SAR-15 A2 View attachment 1452980
Not in stock or offered anywhere as far as I can tell, for complete ones. Means.. I'll have to get the parts together. Saving the doll hairs for the complete A2 upper receiver from RRA, and then probably spend the money for Del-Ton's 16" midlength A2 sight tower barrel. I do have an A4 lower with the Ace skeleton stock that my 16" carbine flat top is on.
Wish I knew how rare the del ton A2 uppers where before I rattle canned it FDE.
I spent 2 days using a razor to scrape it all off. 😅

Thunder Tac still have them; both raw and anodized though Reddit reviews indicate some of the anodized ones have bad finishes...

Rock River Arms have three A2 upper receivers, seems in stock (i could add to cart);

Assembly without BCG/CH and barrel; $225

National Match assembly without BCG/CH and barrel; has NM rear sight; $275

Stripped A2 upper ; $195.

Yesterday JSE Surplus restocked their stripped A2 uppers and they sold out the same day. Also out of stock on the A1/A2 front sight towers that aren't "F" marked.

Edit. Depending on how things goes with the family and SSA; along with completely pay off of the family van.. I might build 1, maybe 2 A2 uppers, but I don't know yet. Not sure that I want standard 16" carbine or 20" rifle; kinda liking the 16" Mid-length idea.. I see Del-Ton sells 16" Mid-length barrels with A2 sight towers.. also liking the idea of 18" rifle gas "SPR"(Special Purpose Rifle) barrel with A2 sight towers, might be interesting build or both, they'll look like shrunken A2 rifles on the fixed skeleton stock lower I have.

I have been trying to find an A2 style upper but all i find are the ones with rails that can accommodate optics and such. I feel like its starting to become an impossible task without having to pay some guy too much on gunbroker. Who else is having a hard time building a retro style rifle these days? I'd love your input on how to cope at this point
I remember when thats all there was... must be thousands and thousands of them out there.... but never see them on the used market uppers, complete rifles or stripped uppers... we know theyre out there. collecting dust in many a boomer's closet probably

JSE had stripped A2s for $100 last month, couldnt get one thanks to Jay Inslee.

Update, M&A Parts Inc now has both "complete" M4 feed ramps and no M4 feed ramps uppers with standard and National Match A2 rear sight assemblies for $195-206 , no BCG or charging handle for any of the 4 options. A cheaper option than the same from Rock River Arms.

I ordered a M4 feed ramps and standard A2 rear sight version, with shipping, just under $210. Should be here within the next week or two.

JSE Surplus have them in stock, along with A1 uppers

M&A Parts Inc have them in stock, both with M4 feed ramps and without. Also standard rear sight and National Match

RRA supposedly have them

Thunder Tactical still have them

Del-Ton has complete 20" A2 1:9 upper assemblies

Palmetto/H&R have them now

Right To Bear has stripped A2 uppers but no rear sights

Edit. AIM Surplus also has a stripped A2 upper

TNTE Sales lists "legacy" A2 upper assemblies

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR